No Saves

DrBalloon

I know that, in general, this Extra is not allowed.

But what if the Extra is limited down to a narrow group of potential targets, such as No Saves (+2), No Saves Only Works on Unbaptised Male Children under the age of 7 (-2)?

Or... No Saves (+2), Power Only Works on (single NPC) (-3)?

I know that, in general, this Extra is not allowed.

But what if the Extra is limited down to a narrow group of potential targets, such as No Saves (+2), No Saves Only Works on Unbaptised Male Children under the age of 7 (-2)?

Or... No Saves (+2), Power Only Works on (single NPC) (-3)?

I doubt it. I'm not a GM, obviously, but if they're not allowing No Save, then I doubt they'd allow this. Besides, what do you hope to accompish with these limitations? Like you said, there's almost no practical application, so why use them?

I'd just suggest dumping whatever power you're set on. If it's so specialized, I have a hard time imagining why it would exist in the first place. Why would it give those people no save, while everyone else is fine?

I doubt it. I'm not a GM, obviously, but if they're not allowing No Save, then I doubt they'd allow this. Besides, what do you hope to accompish with these limitations? Like you said, there's almost no practical application, so why use them?

I'd just suggest dumping whatever power you're set on. If it's so specialized, I have a hard time imagining why it would exist in the first place. Why would it give those people no save, while everyone else is fine?

In the case of the unbaptized children, that's straightforward demonic (well, satanic) magic, using the unprotected souls of innocents to wreck further evil.

In the other case, the idea was that on some fundamental level, the character owned the other character, who thus had no saves against his master's mind control. I.e., you bought the city treasurer-tax collector's soul with a bribe he absolutely couldn't resist, and used that to make him your secret Manchurian Candidate. Or, you were created by a specific company or organization, and given the ability to torment the lower ranked members with no possibility of them withstanding your will on their own; they need a hero to invent a shield from your mastery.

In the case of the unbaptized children, that's straightforward demonic (well, satanic) magic, using the unprotected souls of innocents to wreck further evil.

In the other case, the idea was that on some fundamental level, the character owned the other character, who thus had no saves against his master's mind control. I.e., you bought the city treasurer-tax collector's soul with a bribe he absolutely couldn't resist, and used that to make him your secret Manchurian Candidate. Or, you were created by a specific company or organization, and given the ability to torment the lower ranked members with no possibility of them withstanding your will on their own; they need a hero to invent a shield from your mastery.

I'll concede that this is a pretty innocuous application of the "No Save" extra, but I have a general opposition to allowing that feat under any circumstances. You still have a few options:

1. Buy the mind controlled people from your back story at minions or sidekicks.

2. Buy Mind Control at PL. Most NPCs will have little chance to resist anyway, and in places where you want to squelch all of their chance, use a HP.

I'll concede that this is a pretty innocuous application of the "No Save" extra, but I have a general opposition to allowing that feat under any circumstances. You still have a few options:

2. Buy Mind Control at PL. Most NPCs will have little chance to resist anyway, and in places where you want to squelch all of their chance, use a HP.