The Horror In The Museum (IC)

quotemyname

GM ONLY POST

The green skinned hero's attack connected so solidly with his enemy that it enveloped him whole! "Aieeee!!!" The Collector screamed. His entire body was wreathed in the flames. The sack of goodies he had been carrying lit up like a torch and incinerated instantly.

None of the flames harmed the museum floor on which he stood, but the whole of the Collector had seen better days. His small French hat even went up in smoke. What's more, the man's eyes had a strange look, like everything inside of them, his very soul even, was on fire.

After a few long screams, he fell to his knees and flat on his face. No movement came from the man. He was completely still.

For long moments there had been silence coming from the darkness of the western hallway. Then suddenly, sounds began to echo down the hallway.

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. Stomp.

Eventually, Breakdown appeared in the light of the lobby. Following him was a veritable army of the undead. Assembled behind him in formation, they all marched in unison. Stomp. Stomp. Stomp.

Suddenly, he projected sound out into the lobby.

"'Cause this is thriller, thriller night

And no one's gonna save you from the beast about strike

You know it's thriller, thriller night

You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight"

After a short dance routine mimicked by the mummies, Breakdown struck a final pose and they turned to dust behind him. Straightening, he shot a look towards Fulcrum. "Let it never be said, that I don't take requests." He said with a wink.

"Alright over there, KC?"

Fulcrum was about to jump on the beast when silence fell upon the museum. The skeleton dis-articulated and into a dusty heap. Shrugging, she floated up and danced the tail end of the Thriller with the mummies. Breakdown's performance was heralded by a whistle and claps.

The real applause though went to KC. "Well done," said Fulcrum as she patted him on the shoulder and checked The Collector's pulse, "He's okay, I think. That was one hell of an attack there, but you got him down."

She hovered a moment and examined the collateral damage.

There was only a small amount of real damage- the fact that the fires were of a mystic origin helped in the not-burning down of the museum. The windows, however, were shattered in the room KC stood in. Other than that, there was no real damage.

"Yeah, I kinda went overboard there. He was just kind of pissing me off. I don't use deadly magic, at least not against a joke like him. I mean, maybe when I fight a real villain."

KC looked at The Collector's unconscious form. "There's one collector who won't be seeing any art anytime soon."

GM ONLY POST

Before too long, there were sirens blaring in front of the Museum. Patrol cars screeched to a stop in front of the large set of stairs and Freedom's finest poured out onto the steps. As the police warily approached the front doors, the heros found themselves with the inevitable decision of Kid Cthulhu's publicity. Would Freedom City's newest hero stay and make himself known? Or would he be content to spend the rest of his days sporting the cover of tabloid magazines?

"Moment of truth, KC!" Breakdown folded his arms as he peered out the front of the museum. "Fight or flight? Sink or swim?" Breakdown smiled. "I gotta warn you, the paparazzi can be pretty fierce at times, but being well known is nice."

Breakdown turned to regard his new squid like friend. He waited intently to see what he would do next. The collector's limp body still laid on the floor nearby.

"Here," Breakdown called to Kid Cthulhu, and tossed the other teen hero a pair of handcuffs. "You can keep these. You can't imagine how many times these have come in handy. Even if you only keep one pair on you, they help."

"If you stay, good luck. If I may give a piece of unsolicited advice, give as few details as necessary," Fulcrum too crossed her arms and walked for the police to enter. She was cool with the cops. The paparazzi were another matter entirely. She nodded, "You hit the nail on the head, Breakdown. I'm surprised they weren't here first."

Thinking a moment, she picked up The Collector, stood him upright and put his arms behind his back. With a melodramatic bow, his hands were offered for cuffing. Now that would be a good picture!

KC, still inside the museum, decided to make a dramatic entrance. He spread his leathery wings, and darted upwards, out of the broken window. As he flew above the building, a police spotlight hit him, and his silhouette was illuminated.

KC swooped downwards, landing on one knee in front of the police cars.

"Hi."

GM ONLY POST

"Stop right there!" the lead police officer yelled. There were other gasps and cries from other officers. The one in front, likely the chief judging from his larger badge was the only one to react with conviction. But when he drew his pistol and aimed it at Kid Cthulhu, the others followed suit.

When the chief realized that Kid Cthulhu wasn't actively threatening him or the other officers, he lowered his firearm to a downward angle. It was still ready to be used at a moments notice. The other officers did the same.

"There was a silent alarm triggered for this building. Explain what you're doing here." It was obvious that the police chief knew a meta-human when he saw one. Apparently, his years of experience on the force had taught him that they usually didn't respond well to the words, you're under arrest.

"Wait a second. You're the one from the tabloids. Supposedly some kind of alien freak. No offense, but you don't seem that dangerous. Just kind off...unsettling." He made a face like he had recently had some sour milk. "So are you some sort of monster? Or are you here to help?"

Winking to Breakdown, Fulcrum strolled out the front doors a little after KC's grand entrance. Since The Collector was not cuffed, she simply totted him along and presented him to the nearest officer.

KC could take care of himself, that much she was certain. So her presence was to back up his response. To drive the point home, The Collector was handed over to the nearest officer.

"Watch out, he is a messy one," she stated with all seriousness.

After Fulcrum strolled through the front doors of the museum, Breakdown held one of them open by simply leaning against it. Legs crossed and arms folded, he simply observed the scene with an amused smile.

"Watch out, he is a messy one," she stated with all seriousness.

"Heh, yea. We're going to need a cleanup on isle twelve." Breakdown added, jerking a thumb over his shoulder at the interior of the museum. "The place should be safe by now, though. And relatively clear of the walking dead, I might add."

GM ONLY POST

"Stop right there!" the lead police officer yelled. There were other gasps and cries from other officers. The one in front, likely the chief judging from his larger badge was the only one to react with conviction. But when he drew his pistol and aimed it at Kid Cthulhu, the others followed suit.

When the chief realized that Kid Cthulhu wasn't actively threatening him or the other officers, he lowered his firearm to a downward angle. It was still ready to be used at a moments notice. The other officers did the same.

"There was a silent alarm triggered for this building. Explain what you're doing here." It was obvious that the police chief knew a meta-human when he saw one. Apparently, his years of experience on the force had taught him that they usually didn't respond well to the words, you're under arrest.

"Wait a second. You're the one from the tabloids. Supposedly some kind of alien freak. No offense, but you don't seem that dangerous. Just kind off...unsettling." He made a face like he had recently had some sour milk. "So are you some sort of monster? Or are you here to help?"

KC lowered his wings with slight disappointment. His entrance didn't have the kind of effect he intended. He was expecting awe.

"Tabloids? Yeah. They've taken very poor pictures. Anyway, the reason I'm here is because-" KC pointed to the inert form of The Collector. "-This guy broke in. He's a supervillain, and I, contrarily, am a superhero. As to my origins, I guess you could say I'm an alien of sorts. My name is Kid Cthulhu, and I hope you pick up on the reference."

GM ONLY POST

"Thanks, Fulcrum. We've been looking for that one. He's been causing a lot of trouble lately on the international circuit." The police chief responded. "We'll be careful inside, all the same, Breakdown." Turning to one of the police next to him, he ordered, "Get forensics down here right away. And you, get this place roped off. You," He pointed to the man holding the Collector, "Get that one booked, on the double."

"Tabloids? Yeah. They've taken very poor pictures. Anyway, the reason I'm here is because-" KC pointed to the inert form of The Collector. "-This guy broke in. He's a supervillain, and I, contrarily, am a superhero. As to my origins, I guess you could say I'm an alien of sorts. My name is Kid Cthulhu, and I hope you pick up on the reference."

"Sorry, can't say that I do. But reference or no, we're glad to have you on our side." The chief finally holstered his sidearm. As did the others. "This town can certainly use a few more her-" He was cut off.

A crowd of people began storming the steps of the museum. Cameras were flashing everywhere. People with microphones began to surge around the police and the heroes. One woman shoved a microphone up into Kid Cthulhu's tentacle filled face. "Regina Cox, Channel Four News! Can you tell us what happened here, Mr. -uhh-" She realized that she was looking at a new arrival. A hero that was not yet well known to the public. "Who are you anyway?"

"Well, KC," Breakdown sighed at the arrival of the media. "That's my cue. You handled The Collector just fine, and congratulations. I'm hoping that means you'll be able to take on the media."

Adjusting one of the iPods he always carried with him, Breakdown called over the crowd. "You know how to find me if you need anything!" And then he was gone, disappearing amidst a cloud of fake smoke and flashing lights.

"You're welcome, Chief," answered Fulcrum. She noticed the descending horde and sighed. Now the real work started. Avoiding the limelight was understandable when you saw that ravenous bunch. She may as well stay around for a bit of moral support.

Waving to Breakdown, "Great work, Breakdown. We should work together more often!" she said just as he disappeared. The guy had style, that much was for sure. She'd rib him for chickening out to the cameras, but certainly not in front of any cameras she wouldn't. Public Relations in Freedom City had a distinctly Hollywood-scandal feel to it.

Not like the old days. Instead of falling into reminiscing, she put on her best smile and waited for the cameras to inevitably turn her way. No stones were left unturned by the Freedom City media!

GM ONLY POST

"Thanks, Fulcrum. We've been looking for that one. He's been causing a lot of trouble lately on the international circuit." The police chief responded. "We'll be careful inside, all the same, Breakdown." Turning to one of the police next to him, he ordered, "Get forensics down here right away. And you, get this place roped off. You," He pointed to the man holding the Collector, "Get that one booked, on the double."

"Sorry, can't say that I do. But reference or no, we're glad to have you on our side." The chief finally holstered his sidearm. As did the others. "This town can certainly use a few more her-" He was cut off.

A crowd of people began storming the steps of the museum. Cameras were flashing everywhere. People with microphones began to surge around the police and the heroes. One woman shoved a microphone up into Kid Cthulhu's tentacle filled face. "Regina Cox, Channel Four News! Can you tell us what happened here, Mr. -uhh-" She realized that she was looking at a new arrival. A hero that was not yet well known to the public. "Who are you anyway?"

"Who am I?" KC spread his wings, and assumed a hero's stance. "I'm Kid Cthulhu, baby!"

GM ONLY POST

The process of booking criminals was rote to the Freedom City police at this point. They took care of the Collector and shipped him off likely to some kind of specially designed holding cell.

Kid Cthulhu had made quite the name for himself that night. His historical escapades really called attention to him in more ways than one.

Months later...

The Collector's trial had been an uneventful one. He had been caught in the act red handed, and the prosecution had put him away with little effort. Stripped of his bag of goodies, he posed little threat to the citizens of Freedom City. Or did he?

Elsewhere within a padded cell deep underground...

They had given him paint, and an easel, but he never touched it. All the prisoner seemed to want to do was sing. Finally, at the end of his song, the frail man leaned over, and lifted a paintbrush with his teeth, his hands being indisposed due to the straight jacket they had him wearing. He dipped the brush in red paint and began writing on the easel.

The Collector

The Culector

The Culectist

The Cultist

The Cultist

The Cultist

THE CULTIST

In a fit of rage, the man shouldered over the easel and the paint alike. Guards outside his cell heard a haunting scream from within...