Surely you Jest (OOC)

Geez3r

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just switched to my Flight and situated myself for the next round (so I still have all my HPs) since I can't switch powers more than once a turn, right?

AP: Flight 16 (1,000,000 MPH; 10,000,000 ft move action)

Sorry again for not checking for clarification on my last action.

That'll work. Alright, let's see... Force will use Mind Control on Jack, so DC 20 Will save there. The command is to release her from the pin.

Dash is going to run back and try and take off Breakdown's power sliding head. Dash attack vs BD, DC 25 +1 per point it exceeds DEF, max of +5 (1d20+10=18) Due to the fact that Dash has Concealment while moving, BD is flat-footed by this attack. Dash will use Move by Action to be another mile or two away from the scene after his attack.

Completely forgot that Jester was up next in the initiative. My bad.

40 - Dash - Unharmed

24 - Jester - Unharmed, HP x4

20 - Breakdown - Bruise x3, HP x4

17 - Strong Man - Staggered, Unconscious

16 - Mongrel Angel - Unharmed, HP x3

15 - Jack of all Blades - Unharmed, HP x2

12 - Burn - Bruised x2

6 - Thad Minker - Unharmed, HP x4

2 - Force - Unharmed

Attack roll vs Strong Man, DA/PA 5, DC 30 (1d20+4=9) Thank god Strong man was Stunned, that just barely hits.

Strong Man Toughness save DC 30 (1d20+15=18) fail by 12, staggered again, he's out.

Gonna Use Speed 4 from the previous configuration to make it to the Fires now that Strong man is down. Once there I'll reconfigure as a move action. I have 35pp to spend. I'll use 30pp on Weather Control. And 5pp on Speed, just in case I need get back next round ;)

The maximum radius of Weather Control at Rank 15 is 250,000 feet. That should be enough to put this fire out!

I'll surge and hero point, for the standard action to use Weather Control

Here's the crunch for my weather control since I've finally managed to calculate it out.

As per page 203 of Ultimate Power, I'll employ the Wind AP of the Weather Control power. I'll cut down to two-thirds of the power rank (Rank 10), which still has a radius of 5000 feet, to aid in extinguishing the flames. This should make the weather more concentrated, and therefore help put out the flames better ;)

I'm still going to make the descriptor rain in order to match the song, just by the way ;)

Nyrath's had a week, skipping their turn. You're up Giz.

40 - Dash - Unharmed

15 - Jack of all Blades - Unharmed, HP x2

12 - Burn - Bruised x2

2 - Force - Unharme

Well alrighty then. Jack'll start off with a DC 31 Trick to get Force to lower her force field (I see what you did there), then follow it up with a move action DC 26 Feint.

He'll surge to make a Power Attack 5 (1d20+10=13)... er, yeah, make that a Power Attack 5 reroll (1d20.minroll(11)+10=27). *sigh* Almost a crit, but such is life. That's Toughness DC 27 plus Autofire 1, if applicable, and five points of Penetrating in case the Trick fails.

Jack's all outta HPs, plus he has to release her from the grapple to use his sword. Gotta make this shot count!

Force gets a +1 against the Trick because you've used it before.

Force resist DC 31 Trick to lower Force Field (1d20+16=26) Shield's are down.

Force resist DC 26 Fient attempt (1d20+15=27)

Final DC is 31 Force Toughness save DC 31 (1d20+0=8) not even close.

------------------------

Burn doesn't like Jack hitting his lady friend.

Burn Attack roll vs JoAB DEF 25, Accurate Attack 5, DC 22 (1d20+13=33) naturally I crit on the Accurate Attack. DC 27 there cupcake. Also, totally doing Knock back.

If you fail that would be a rank 9 effect, DC 24 from hitting the warehouse wall, which gets a nice big dent in it btw:

Wall's Toughness save, DC 24 (1d20+8=18) but not enough to send you through it.

40 - Dash - Unharmed

15 - Jack of all Blades - Unharmed, HP x0

12 - Burn - Bruised x2

2 - Force - Unconscious

Right, trying to hit Burn with a Blast Round 3: Blast PA 4, AoA 5, DC 32 if Hit (1d20+10=18), and an 18 was a hit last time.

If that clocks him so his flames go out (and he then likely starts falling) she'll swoop in and try to break his fall (surging and spending HP if so needed to do so). (She's got no idea of knowing whether he'd survive the fall unpowered)

If it doesn't put his light out she'll still swoop in, but this time she'll surge (and spend HP) to do so as a charge (Free Action switch to Enhanced Str) and try to break him. Round 3: Charge vs Burn, PA 4, AoA 5, DC 32 if hit (1d20+12=16) Hmm, I'll spend a HP to ensure that actually hits Round 3: Reroll Charge, PA 4, AoA 5, DC 32 (1d20+12=13), 13 becomes 23. And save Round 3: Toughness save vs. Burns Aura (1d20+15=21) I'm guessing that's a Bruise, unless his Aura is rank 6 or lower.

In the first case she's down Def 11 (minus any penalties the GM feel are right), in the second she's down to Def 9. HP down to either 3 (if none are needed in the first case), 2 (if she needs in case one) or 1 (if case two is what applies).

Burn Toughness save, DC 32 (1d20+10=22) First attack, staggered and Stunned

Concentration checks to maintain powers: Flight, Force Field, Energy Aura (1d20+10=30, 1d20+10=18, 1d20+10=25) All powers except Force Field remain active.

Burn Toughness save vs MA "pounding" DC 32 (1d20+0=19)

Toughness save of various walls due to Knockback, DC 32 -1 for every wall passed through due to slowing momentum (1d20+8=23, 1d20+8=25, 1d20+8=15, 1d20+8=11, 1d20+8=25, 1d20+8=16, 1d20+8=12, 1d20+8=15, 1d20+8=13, 1d20+8=10)

Burn Toughness save vs Wall Impact DC 23 (1d20+0=19)

Net effect: Burn is planted on top of the warehouse roof, very narrowly punched right through it. He was probably already out when he smack against the rooftop.

40 - Dash - Unharmed

15 - Jack of all Blades - Unharmed, HP x0

12 - Burn - Bruised x3, Injured x1, Unconscious

2 - Force - Unconscious

Standard Action: Reconfigure powers to:

Snare 10 Extras: Contagious, Flaws: Touch Range

Speed 4

Finishing Blow

Move Action: Move up to Strong Man

SURGE

Standard: Coup de Grace Strong Man with the Snare, while Power Attack 5, the attack can't miss. Strong Man fails the DC 30 Reflex save by at least 5 for the full effect, not going to bother rolling.

40 - Dash - Unharmed

24 - Jester - Unharmed, HP x3

17 - Strong Man - Staggered, Unconscious, Heavily Snared

16 - Mongrel Angel - Unharmed, HP x1

15 - Jack of all Blades - Bruised x1, Stunned, HP x0

12 - Burn - Bruised x3, Injured x1, Unconscious

2 - Force - Rescued

Move Action: Reconfigure

Standard Action: Weather Control

Weather Control 16 [32pp]

Regeneration 3 (Bruised/No Action) [3pp]

I'm keeping the same song going, (it's a long song!) with a slight reconfiguration of my powers to attempt to alleviate some of the damage I've taken. Listening to November Rain always makes me feel better :)

Okay, How's this then:

Weather Control 15 [30pp]

Healing 2 (Extras: Action/Standard; Flaws: Personal) [4pp]

Immunity 1 (Hot Environments) [5pp]

So new actions would be:

Move: Reconfigure

Standard: Weather Control (concentrated as before)

Surge Standard: Healing: Healing Recover Check DC 10 (1d20+2=4) Failure. I'll spend yet another HP (why not? I've got plenty) to make a re-roll on that and automatically pass DC 10.

Breakdown now has 2HP, and 2 Bruises.