Surely you Jest (OOC)

Geez3r

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrmm....

Objects equaling a heavy load or more move at a rate of 5 feet per round. Lighter objects move a distance each round like they were thrown with your effective Strength. Objects thrown as attacks base their damage off your power rank as if it were your Strength bonus

Well that would be a rank 15 attack, with a +12 bonus to hit, or PL 13.5, which breaks caps. Yeah... that's what we call a no-no. Well, if the Attack Spec with TK doesn't apply to throwing object only to "hitting" them in first place, that'll drop your bonus to attack to a +6, so PL 10.5 over all, which is much nicer. So while I bring this to the attention of the other Refs, we'll go with that.

Don't worry, you're not in trouble, the Refs are supposed to catch something like this in the approval process.

Burn Toughness save vs Thad I beam DC 30 (1d20+12=26)

Jester Tunnels up to Strong Man, uses a HP to Surge, uses Skill Mastery to get a 34 on Bluff which Strong Man can't beat.

He then makes his attack, Jester Cigar attack roll vs SM, DEF 10, DC 30 Tough (1d20+9=18) And then uses Move By Action to GTFO.

Strong Man Toughness save DC 30 (1d20+15=20)

Current Power Setting:

Tunneling 8

Joy Buzzer/ TNT Cigar

Strike 10 PF: Improved Crit x2, Subtle; Flaws: Flat-footed opponents only [8pp]

Enhanced Skills 3 (Bluff 10) [3pp]

Improved Feint

Protection 2

Features 3 (Just roll with it, That would never actually happen, No copy right infringement)

40 - Dash - Unharmed

24 - Jester - Unharmed, HP x3

20 - Breakdown - Bruise x1, HP x4

17 - Strong Man - Staggered, Stunned

16 - Mongrel Angel - Unharmed, HP x3

15 - Jack of all Blades - Unharmed, HP x1

12 - Burn - Unharmed

6 - Thad Minker - Unharmed, HP x3

2 - Force - Unharmed

New VP setting:

Speed 4 [4pp]

Strike 12 (Extras: Auto-Fire; PF: Accurate 4; Improved Critical 2; Penetrating 1) [31pp]

My actions for this turn:

Move: Reconfigure

Move: Get closer

Surge: Move: Perform (Dance) combined with Set-Up to make Strong Man Flat Footed against Jester's next attack. DC 31 with SM. Down to 2 HP.

Yeah, 4 levels of Accurate ain't gonna fly, try again.

40 - Dash - Unharmed

24 - Jester - Unharmed, HP x3

15 - Jack of all Blades - Unharmed, HP x1

12 - Burn - Unharmed

6 - Thad Minker - Unharmed, HP x3

2 - Force - Unharmed

Also, Jester's suit is made of pure chaos magic Jack, enjoy your headache. :D

Also, Jester's suit is made of pure chaos magic Jack, enjoy your headache. :D

Of course it is. I'll edit my post to reflect that.

In the mean time, how would a leaping tackle work? With an Acrobatics check and extra effort, Jack should be able to get to where Force is flying; how's it work if he wants to tackle her midair? Is that move action jump, standard action grapple?

Sorry, quote, but Nyrath still hasn't gone as Mongrel Angel for this turn. Jack will go after her.

For the sake of argument, though, he'll use Acrobatics with Skill Mastery to add to his jump distance, then extra effort to double that, reaching Force. Grapple Check. (1d20+16=35) I'd guess that's successful, but I'm not sure what my options are with them both up in the air now. Can Force support Jack's extra weight or what?

He could pin her, but I'm not sure if that would have any effect on her mental powers. I think what he wants to do is knock her to the ground and continue to grapple.

If we're waiting much longer, is there some kind of policy of skipping a player's turn? Can the GM control the character for a round or something?

I've had major problems over the last few days; water, connection, power (stables), minor illness. Getting a post done.

Move Action Feint [skill Mastery] for 26 vs Burn, success or not the following is done as well.

Round 2: All-out Attack 5, Power Attack 2, vs Burn DC 30 Toughness if hit (1d20 12=18)

Surge [spending HP] for a second attack

Round 2: Surge All-out Attack 5, Power Attack 2, vs Burn DC 30 Toughness if hit (1d20 12=29)

Now to work on that IC

*whistles* Man, Mongrel Angel can really dish out some hurt when she feels like it, huh? Glad we didn't have to skip her turn. Hope things get a little less crazy for you Nyrath!

I'll get a post up once Geez makes a ruling on how the whole midair grapple thing is going to work.

EDIT: Alright, as I already explained that Jack leaps and tackles Force in midair. Geez said in chat that the grapple succeeds, and they both hit the ground from 30' up. Jack uses Acrobatics at a -5 penalty to reduce that to DC 16, and makes a toughness save: Toughness save vs. DC 16. (1d20+6=19) So he manages to avoid damage.

Meanwhile, Force takes DC 18 from the fall unless she can lessen it, and she's now pinned. (Jack can haz 'Pretty Face' complication HP plz?)

40 - Dash - Unharmed

24 - Jester - Unharmed, HP x4

15 - Jack of all Blades - Unharmed, HP x2

12 - Burn - Bruised x2

6 - Thad Minker - Unharmed, HP x4

2 - Force - Unharmed

Force has a degree of Impervious, so she takes no damage from the fall.

Not going to bother rolling the feint for Burn, both attacks hit either way.

Burn Toughness save DC 30 (1d20+12=27) Bruised.

Burn Toughness save DC 30, #2 (1d20+11=28) Bruised.

You each get a HP for Burn torching the warehouses.