Atlas' Vingette - New Years 2010

angrydurf

The New years always brought with it a chance to remake and better one's self and it was something Atlas never took seriously. This past year however have him a reason to do so. Everything got turned upside this past year, so more changes were in order if he were to continue in this sort of life.

First and foremost, and probably most embarrassing of all, Atlas had signed up for a yoga class. I'll give you a second to both pick your jaw up off the floor and for you to get that visual out of your head. Alright, you good? Good. Now the reason for this is because Samael had now been stuck as Atlas for nearly a month, and probably wasn't going to be changing back any time soon. Now, he had never been the most graceful person in the world, but before now, he had always been normal sized. Now that he was really big, his overall awkwardness was exaggerated. So, he wanted to be a little more graceful to make sure he didn't step on people's toes or anything. Navigating normal sized building was also a little bit of a pain. So being a bit more graceful was at the top of the to-do list.

Secondly, Atlas wanted to visit Jack and Taylor's place. This was a two-fold resolution. Firstly, he just wanted to see what their house looked like. He was flat out curious to see how Jack and Taylor held themselves when they were in the comfort of their own home. Not to mention the fact that the place being decorated by a vampire and a witch had to be hysterical. There had to be grim dark on every wall. The second part of this was to connect with them as friends more than anything else. He knew them as Phantom and Avenger. He wanted to really know who they were behind the masks as it were. He had few friends in Freedom, and wanted to connect deeply with those he had.

Third: Get a "lady friend". I don't need to explain this one.

Fourth, find a mattress I like. Yeah, my new house has been furnished and everything, but I've yet to find a decent mattress. I crush anything with springs after about a week, and I can't get comfortable on that memory foam junk. I know that makes me weird, but I just can't get comfortable on it, it feels too mushy to me. Right now, I just have one of those super-duper size bean bag chairs to sleep on. It rustles a lot, but it gets the job done more or less. I'm just a touch too big for it so my feet always are on the floor. And I got a feeling it's only a matter of time before this thing goes as well.

Lastly, I want to figure out why the heck I'm Atlas now. Yeah it was cool that I got all these powers, but I really need to figure out for myself why I have these gifts, or if I should start referring to them as a curse. No mysterious figure has stepped forward to claim responsibility for the act, and no one else has stepped forward with similar abilities. I could just be a mutant, but that wouldn't explain why it took so long for my powers to manifest. That sort of thing usually happens around puberty, or so I'm told. As if they time wasn't stressful enough in a kid's life.