Woodland Gymnasia [IC]

Alright, it was more or less official at this point that Alex Maenheld and Moira Morley had an interest in one another, in more ways than one. It was enjoyable to spend time together and they were still finding out things about each other. Which was why Alex had invited Moira to a bout of sparring out in Wharton Forest since they were both super-heroes with a lot of physical power it was probably best to be a bit out of the way.

Now Alex was simply waiting in a clearing not to far from the road, with a small trail leading to it. The dark angel was waiting for the young goddess to join her there so they could start.

Moira really was of two minds of this little training bout. On one hand she didn't want to go too hard on Alex. How could she hurt someone so beautiful and loving? Ever since she met her dark angel, Moira felt an almost magnetic feeling around them. Now that they'd grown closer, Alex was a confidante. Which lead to this scenario. On the other hand, Moira did love a good brawl. It must of been something on her father's side. This was the reason she went to watch semi-professionals knock the crap out of each other every Friday (money was the other reason).

When she arrived at the place they picked out, Alex was already there. Punctual that girl was. Moira smiled as she walked over to greet her sparring partner. She wanted to do so with an embrace and a kiss, but she didn't know the etiquette of a spar. Maybe it was bad form to do such? "[divine]Hello, beautiful,[/divine]" Moira grinned to Alex, conspicuously keeping her hands to herself.

Alex wore her heart on her sleaves, or at least could make it look that way even when she didn't, so when Moira arrived and didn't give her a hug (kiss optional) she pouted a little. She did pick up that Moira was a little unsure about something at the moment, well maybe she could fix that, hopefully.

"Aw, you stole my line." She said just before moving up and giving the slightly shorter woman a proper hug herself, and a peck on the cheek. "Not that I mind much, 'oh-you-of-the-stunning-curves'." The dark angel whispered in the redhead's ear before pulling away enough to stand in front of her properly. "So, anything on your mind?"

Moira smiled lovingly at Alex as she greeted her. The dark angel always knew how to read her. "[divine]A whole lot of things,[/divine]" Moira said with a smile pulling Alex back to her in a embrace, "[divine]Though they don't matter at the moment.[/divine]" Moira slowly leaned in and greeted Alex with a soft kiss that lingered on their lips.

Moira gently let go of Alex with a smile. "[divine]Well, we'd better get this sparring deal started,[/divine]" Moira winked at Alex, "[divine]I bought spandex pants and sports top just for the occasion,[/divine]" Moira modeled the black outfit with a slow turn around so the dark angel could see everything. "[divine]How do you like it?[/divine]"

"Well, I might not be the best one to ask. But I do believe you look great. Beautiful. Awesome. Gorgeous. Delicious." Alex coughed into her fist, actually looking slightly embarrassed at that last utterance before shrugging it off and continuing.

"Anyway, sparring. Since this is our first time, and we haven't exactly got the most elaborate of facilities." Maenheld sweeps her arms dramatically, taking in the clearing. "I reckon we should start fairly simple. Going on for about a minute or so, few actual one-on-one fights last that long. On the ground, no blasts or fancier powers if we should happen to have them. Just close quarters stuff, and we keep at it for at most a minute. And don't worry to much about hurting me, I can heal." As she talked she walked slowly over to the other side of the clearing. "Well, feeling ready to begin 'oh-lady-of-the-fiery-hair'?" The dark angel asked as she took a simple stance.

Alex was so cute when she was modest. Moira smiled happily and though about doing it again just to see Alex's reaction again. Moira was getting that carnal feeling that her dark angel evoked, something she didn't need to have right now.

Even though Alex could heal, Moira didn't want to hurt her. Something she'd thought she'd do if she kicked into her adrenaline fueled bloodlust. If it was only going to be a minute she'd go easy on her dark angel. Moira looked around the 'arena' while Alex waved it off. It was quite the scenic view. When Alex was done with her explanation, Moira nodded. "[divine]Alright,[/divine]" she said pulling her head from around her neck to hold back her eponymous red hair, "[divine]let's give it a go.[/divine]" Moira grinned and stretched her arms behind her back before bouncing into a fighting position. "[divine]Maybe we should have the winner get something,[/divine]" Moira questioned while trying to sway into a position she liked, "[divine]You name something you want from me if you win. I name something I want from you if I win.[/divine]"

"Oh, you most certainly know how to tempt someone. It's on." Alex said grinning just before launching herself at Moira. She threw a pretty average punch at the shorter woman, hitting her in the shoulder to no visible effect before dancing off trying to maintain a little bit of distance.

"[divine]Well it's always fun to hear what you want,[/divine]" Moira said taking the weak punch in stride. She moved to Alex's side trying to catch her by surprise with a fancy grab. She saw the same exact move used in some karate movie. Unlike the guys in that flick she was not an agile master of the arts. "[divine]Besides,[/divine]" Moira said with with gusto, trying to pick up her own pace, "[divine]I know we'll both win either way.[/divine]"

"True enough." Alex replied after easily sidestepping the attempted grab. This time she lashed out with a swift kick, again having an easy time hitting. "You've got nearly no defence apart from the ability to take a hit." The dark angel playfully chided, this was after all a sparring session. "We'll need to work on that."

Moira was caught a bit off balance with the hard kick that Alex threw her way. Luckily she was standing next to her or Moira would have fell! Quickly thinking she grabbed Alex by the shoulder and pulled herself up. Normally that would have been much more enticing, but right now it was sombering. "[divine]Yeah, maybe a little defense would help a bit,[/divine]" Moira said getting into position, "[divine]I'm sure a little bit of anything never hurt anyone,[/divine]" she chuckled, trying to get back in a lighter mood.

• 4 weeks later...

"True enough for the greater part. Can't say I recommend that attitude when it comes to sampling my aunt Rachel's cooking." Alex replied. You never know what of it is poisonous to someone with your own particular physiology. she added to herself.

The brown-skinned woman gives Moira a moment to recover before dancing in and launching a kick against her side, if she hadn't held back that would have been a potentially serious injury even to someone like Divine. Though with leg stretched out like that, and her being slightly unbalanced as a result, the winged heroine seems to have left herself a tad open. Now let's see if she can use this.

Moira received the kick.Though it wasn't as humiliating this time. The kick would have been a damn good kick too. Though it looked like Alex was holding back as she struck what would be a vital area for normal people. Though Moira's godlike physiology girded her for the blow. Using the moment to recover she thinks, what would be a good counter here? The only thing she could think of was to take it to the ground. Alex couldn't kick that hard down there. Though she needed a distraction; simple enough. Moira dropped her fighting stance, looking like she was about to give up. She raised her hands in front of her face in an almost 'I surrender' pose. When it looked like Alex was about to drop her guard, Moira sprung into action, jumping at the brown skinned beauty and wrestling her to the ground. She smiled and winked, holding Alex down was almost too simple. "[divine]Isn't this how most fights end?[/divine]"

"Well," begins Alex returning Moira's smile before pushing off the ground using her, currently, superior strength and twisting so as to put the goddess in a proper hold with the taller woman on top. " not often enough in my opinion."

Moira gasped and tried to fight to keep Alex down, but it was of no use. The demonic magic made it's wielder stronger than Moira wished to be at the moment. Playfully struggling against for beautiful captor, Moira smiled. She knew this wasn't the way it was supposed to go in a real fight, though this was much more comfortable than a real fight. "[divine]It appears you won that little game we mentioned earlier,[/divine]" she said coyly, trying to trick the angel into loosening her grip, "[divine]I guess I'm your genie now. What is your wish?[/divine]"

"Oh, now I have to choose." Alex pouted, but in her eyes could be seen a playful gleam as she caressed Moira's body. "Well, maybe if start wi-iaAARGH!" Her decision making is suddenly interrupted as a sharp pain shots through her back.

Unseen by the preoccupied ladies a winged woman with prominent claws had glided into the clearing, swiped at the brown-skinned back of the one on top and was now turning around for another go.

Talona swooped around for another go at the couple down on the ground. Again her claws raked across the brown skinned one's back ripping through the cloth and drawing bloody lines across smooth skin. As before she flew on and up, out of reach of from any vengeful hands. "Urgh, it looks a lot worse than it is." Alex reassures Moira as she tries to stand up, at least she manages to get out of the goddess' way by half rolling to the side. "I'll be up in a moment, no worries."

Moira flinched and winced at the same time as the angry avian swooped down. She felt the claws dig into her love's back, and was that blood? Luckily for the bird woman she could fly. Else there would have been more blood. Alex was all smiles even after a massive gash. Luckily she could heal, but it didn't cool Moira's blood any. Wait, as that Talona? Wasn't she supposed to be back in Antarctica or something? Either way she was attacking Alex and by extension, Moira. Moira couldn't fly or anything but she knew what to say. Bounding up from the ground, Moira stood over Alex in a protective stance. Whistling up to the flying mutant, Moira beckoned her down to earth with a single hand gesture: Come Get Some.

There a few beings that can resist Moira's will when the godling puts her full force of personality behind her actions, Talona isn't one of them. The birdwoman screeches and dives down towards the redhead. She strikes the woman head on, her claws digging into her targets shoulders. But Moira remains standing, the daughter of Ares doesn't fall easily.

Alex shakes off the pain and stands up, her soul-fire scouring her wounds and mending them as she does so. Within moments there's not a mark left on her body, though her torn and bloodied clothes still show that the woman had been hurt earlier.

While it was a painful reminder, the bird lady fell right into Moira's trap! Fueled by the spirit of battle, Moira took a swing at the winged lady. It seemed that Moira was cursed to miss everything today. Her sparring partner. The bird woman in front of her. Broad sides of barns. Everything. Though she was not quite finished yet! Something had to be done to bring the flying mutant down a few notches. Moira narrowed her eyes at Talona, trying to assert her dominance.

An Olympian rarely has any trouble asserting dominance, and the daughter of its most prominent deity of war even less so in a battle. The avian champion visibly wavers, though she still strikes at the goddess nearly as fiercely as before. Again her claws draw blood, this time scoring lines across Moira's arms.

Alex had by now noticed that Talona wasn't behaving like she'd expect. Granted, she hadn't expected that the atavistic avian would apparently try to murder her while she was enjoying a bit of time with Moira, but even apart from that something felt odd about the whole thing. Best to end this quickly in any case. In a moment the still wingless Mongrel was beside Divine and throwing a far more ferocious version of the kick she'd marked Moira with less than a minute earlier.

Without the restraint from earlier the blow crashed into the bird-woman's mid-section and threw her across the clearing and into one of the sturdier trees present. The bones in Talona's left wing broke with a sickening crunch, and it was merciful that the avian was already unconscious when that happened.

"Ouch, I think she'll stay down for now. You okay Strawberry?" Maenheld asked, not having turned her gaze from their opponent yet she didn't know if her dear Moira had been hurt.

Moira's adrenaline simmered down quickly after she saw Talona launch away. She half expected to hear a scream like that animated dog man did in those really old cartoons. Then she noticed a stinging feeling in her shoulders and ams. She was bleeding. Delicately trying to wipe some of the blood away from the cuts, she heard Alex talk to her. Moira smiled lovingly at her. Alex was a sweet girl with such sweet words. "[divine]Huh? Oh yeah, just a bit sliced up.[/divine]" She leaned in close to the taller girl, looking into her eyes, "[divine]Maybe we should take the dangerous bird woman away and continue our little game later?[/divine]"

It took a few moments for the sight of Moira's bloody shoulders and her words to sink in. While they did so Maenheld began to salivate slightly and certain, urges and desires. The moment she realized what she was feeling, and what had been said, Alex didn't feel particularly good about those urges. She knew she'd have to talk with Moira about it at some point, at least the Olympian wouldn't reject her outright due to something like that, but for now she had to stop the pain of her most important person.

"Aw shit!" Began Alex as she launched into a string of what was likely profanities, but Moira couldn't place the language, or languages. As she swore the currently wingless angel summoned up silvery fire that drapped her hands, which she moved over the wounds on her lovers arms and shoulders. Within a few moments they were again whole and unharmed, though a bit bloody.

"Sorry I didn't notice sooner honey." She cried out when done as she embraced the shorter woman, bloody clothing be damned; it wasn't like her shirt had was going to be of much use given the bloody tears in the back of it. "And yeah, you're right. We should take her away first. But there's something odd about it all. Talona's not particularly nice most of the time, but this doesn't seem like something she'd do. And she seemed a bit, off."

Luckily the bird woman only focused on Moira's arms and shoulders. There was no clothing damage. Though it still stung like all get out. Moira held back from wincing as Alex touched the hurting areas. She didn't want to make her brown skinned beauty any more worried than she was. She thought about playing it for sympathy, but Alex was really frightened. Moira couldn't take advantage of that. "[divine]It's alright,[/divine]" Moira assured her with a quiet and calm voice as she rested in the embrace of the stronger woman. "[divine]It never hurts,[/divine]" she lied as she softly wrapped her arms around the taller girl's neck.

Moira was about to reward her love, but she was cut short when the angel pointed out the elephant in the living room. As they both looked over at the slumped over body of the winged lady Moira was reminded about what she knew about her. Basically a bad egg from a tribe of bird people. Lady Liberty tried to talk to her, but it seemed not to work. Moira sighed, "[divine]I don't know, remember all those times she declared war on non-winged people? Then again, she usually had some reason, I think. Something about how 'we're ruining her world.' I don't think we were messing with any birds. I do believe she's due up for a stint in Blackstone if they find her doing something like this.[/divine]" Moira looked back to Alex, "[divine]We could go ask her what's up and then try to convince her to leave. Or we could drop her off in front of Blackstone like a neat little package. Either is fine with me.[/divine]" She rested her head on Alex's shoulder and slowly nuzzled into her neck with a smile, "[divine]Anything that gets us back to our business, right?[/divine]"

• 3 weeks later...

"I'm willing to give her the benefit of doubt in this case. If we, or someone else, can't find something to suggest mental tampering or something we throw her to the authorities." Alex obviously wasn't too happy about their time being cut short. But business before pleasure, and this was super-hero business. The winged heroine gently let go of Moira and walked over to the fallen birdwoman, reached down and picked up her fallen adversery and put her... somewhere.

"There, got her safe and sound. She'll be no problem until I let her out." The purple-haired one said as she looked back at her lover and started to walk back to her. "I know someone who could help us out, and if he can't find something it'll narrow it down a lot. So, are we flying or did you take the car?"

"[divine]Mental tampering,[/divine]" Moira asked perplexed, "[divine]You mean mind control?[/divine]" Moira couldn't rule it out, there were a lot of crazy things out there. Who would mind control her though. "I dunno, it seems sorta strange." She snickered snarkily, "[divine]Who would have something against her?[/divine]" Moira smiled as Alex stuffed Talona into nothingness. The tricks that woman could do never surprised her.

The Scarab instantly jumped to Moira's mind when the prospect of getting help with it, though it seemed Elena was busy at the moment. Either that or just not answering mental calls. Ah! Alex had someone in mind. Great. Hopefully he could help them. The quicker the better. "[divine]We can pick up the car later, you fly faster,[/divine]" Moira said happily with a devious smile. Walking slowly with saunter towards Alex, "[divine]Now who are you thinking about,[/divine]" she paused for a moment to wrap her arms around Alex to get ready for the flight, "[divine]to get this done?[/divine]"