Mongrel Angel

Nyrath

Character Questionnaire of Doom

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

Alex Maenheld, supernatural mongrel super-hero.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Mongrel Angel

What is your full birth name?

Alex Maenheld Ifraini Shahzara Dhalzind-Laharen

Where do you live?

Port Regal

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

93, near as I can figure. Which would put me as being born sometime during 1917

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Female, as a rule. I can shift to male, neither or both if I want to.

How would you describe your heritage?

Mixed, rather a lot so in fact

How tall are you?

Just a smidgen above 5'11''

What is your body type?

I'd say athletic, with enough under-skin fat to soften the curves. I have been described as "built this side of an amazon", take that as you wish.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Well, I am a bit more susceptible to holy and infernal energies than anything else. And any emotion affecting powers hit me a little harder as well.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I'd say I carry myself with a certain amount of grace, and certainly confidence.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

Chocolate skin, steel eyes and purple hair

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I usually just let it be loose, or fix into a partial pony-tail

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

Oh yes, rather much so in fact. And from what I understand this is a commonly held view.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

No, not unless I want to

Do you resemble anyone famous?

Well, I do bear a more than passing resemblance to Yoruchi from Bleach

Do you have a dominant hand?

Yes, my right

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Loose streetwear as a rule, haltertops are something of a favourite due to my wings.

Do you wear makeup?

No, I have no need of it

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

Well, it tends to be a bit on the dark side for a female or a bit light for a male. It's always attractive and often seductive though, kinda hard to do something about that actually.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I'm flirtatious. Comes almost instinctively with a need for... physical intimacy. I'm pretty sure people notice it, and a few people remark on it. Probably annoys someone, but everything pisses of someone.

History

Where do you come from?

A small, wandering dimension out in the Cosmic Coil.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Well, considering I'm in a different dimension from the one I was born in I'd say I have.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I'm assuming you mean the USA? I wouldn't say I'm particularly patriotic and I don't know whether to say I'm ambivilant or indifferent concerning the government.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

It's a pretty great place. But I just felt like I had to go out and see what else is out there.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

You wouldn't be able to get there even if I tried to tell you. As for how it is, well. "Melting Pot" barely begins to describe it, what with all the different dimensions people there visit and borrow from.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

Yes and no; we're rather diverse with "mixed breeds" being most numerous but with no particular type of such being in the majority. As for how it's affected me I believe it taught me to respect diversity and the differences of others.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I suppose I've always been pretty good at influencing people, turns out most people outside of my home are a bit easier to influence than I was used to. Once I got used to social cues and such at least. Can't say for certain how it's affected my life, I don't really have anything to compare with now do I?

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

No, nothing I can think off.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

Hmm, probably the most defining moment would be the first visit by my aunt Rachel I was old enough to remember. She was markedly more adventourus than my mother and she always had stories to tell of her trips out amongst the worlds outside. I guess I got a bit more hooked than the other kids she regailed with tales of adventure and exotic places, made me grow up wanting to go out there myself.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

Errr, that might be loosing my virginity to my aforementioned aunt.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

Schooling was fairly low intensity, most basic skills were taught at home or from relatives with a knack for teaching those particular skills. Then it was pretty much up to oneself if and how one wanted to continue learning. I did enjoy it most of the time, and what with it being low intensity it never really felt like a chore.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

Nothing specific no, it's been long enough that most of it's gone to younger relatives.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

I don't rightfully know when I decided, I think it was out of equal parts feeling good about helping others and wanting to keep myself from slipping into hurting others to feel good myself. Again I feel Rachel played a part, though only slightly more than my parents.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

I don't mention my need to keep myself from slipping, it might give a rather negative impression. I prefer if people don't know I might snap and go evil, keeps them from being overly cautious around me.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Not in my past no.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

I keep a number of my "urges" in check and try to pass myself of as being a bit more well adjusted than I probably am.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

...I don't know just what I fear. It took me a comparatively long time to open up to Moira about it, but with her I feared she would reject me and leave me alone again.

As for how far I would go. I don't think I would bring undue harm to anyone, but I just don't know.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Nope, clean and virgin slate

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Maline and Rufus Maenheld Ifraini Shahzara Dhalzind-Laharen (naming can be complicated, but is genrally matrilinear)

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Yes, I was raised by them. Though of course the wider parts of my family played a part as well.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Hmm, nothing special really. A little bit of everything I guess. We did live mainly in one of the light woodland areas, so there was hunting, skinning, tanning, woodcarving etc amongst the regular activities. A society with a lot of magically potent entities who often don't need to eat on a scale comparable to humans lowers needs a fair bit.

Where are your parents now?

Still back home, they seems pretty content with their semi-settled life.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

We moved around a bit, I guess you could call us semi-nomadic even. There were places we visited regularly, like relatives (which frankly includes almost everyone over there since we're very good at keeping track of family ties.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

Pretty well, I was always the more adventerous of my siblings but that didn't strain things. Nowadays we're a bit more distant, but I imagine we'll pick things up quickly enough.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

With a mixture of pride and trepidation I'm informed. It's not unusual for clan members to spend long periods of time out along the Cosmic Coil, and it's almost a rite of passage to spend a year or so living on another plane of existence without active support from other clan members. The fact that I'm living in a place with dozens of more powerful individuals and rather frequent conflicts between such entities does make them a little nervous though. I still haven't told them about the "dead and back" times that's happened.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

Two, sister Linda and brother Rufus. Linda was a bit more of what here would be called a 'girly girl', we struck sparks of each other from time to time but overall we got along well. Rufus was a bit more of a rival, more open to going out and taking risks than Linda, we got along just fine. I mean, what is there to say? I had a happy, stable childhood with a loving family.

What was your birth order in the family?

Linda was the oldest, me in the middle and Rufus was the youngest. We were all born without about a couple of years of each other.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Well both of them are still back home. Last I've heard from them Linda was studying gem-cutting along with "cousin" Ylfa and Rufus was looking to learn steel-working from great-uncle Sharizee. Linda was "fooling around" a bit with Ylfa's brother Hrolf, but nothing steady from what I hear, and Rufus was still single, I could be wrong though.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

We've got sporadic contact, no visits as such but letters help us keep in contact with not to much effort.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

I'd say I "love" my aunt Rachel a bit more than I do the rest of my family, or at least slightly differently. There's no one I'd say I hate though, happy and loving as I said.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

Rachel, as I've said before. She's a bit of a mentor, and certainly a confidant when she's around.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

Well, my maternal grandfather did turn his back on the family, did so hard and left my grandmother in tears. Only thing that kept a lot of the family from going after him was her pleading to let him be. Turns out he got himself killed about twenty-five years ago.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Err, the Great Father is still alive and well over back home. I guess he'd count, what with titles like "God-Slayer" and the like. But growing up just about everyone was related to him, so I can't say how it's affected my life.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

No children, and no permanent partner. I do have an open relationship with Moira Morley that I treasure deeply. She's loving to a fault, brave and capable. Damn, she's almost intoxicating to be around. Beautiful, so darn beautiful. Goes out as Divine, so a fellow super-hero to boot. And accepting of me, something I am eternally grateful for.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

See above

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

At the moment I can only point to Moira, but I truly can't say. I'm likely centuries from really trying to settle down.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Sadly, as of this writing, I can probably the only I can call more than a cursory friend is Moira.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

Moira, again. As for how we meet, we kinda ran into each other looking to meet the newly arrived angel Heyzel. We exchanged a little contact information, and then meet up a week later and just hit it off. As for how close. I would die for her. Granted, I'd come back but even if I didn't I'd still do it.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

Hmm, Moira and Sarah Prescott leap to mind among the ones in the city. Pretty much my whole family would worry to some extent once they got wind of it as well.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

No

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

No, not that I am aware of.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

See above

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

During the Hell Invasion (which kinda didn't happen) I was tortured, mainly psychologically, to the point where I almost gave in and joined the demons. Ended up killing myself to keep that from happening.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

I would say more or less in this order:

My Family / Moira / The Public

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

That would be the Great Father. Part of my upbringing I guess, but some part of me just knows that his foremost interest is the family, the clan.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

I'm going to have to settle for Bigotry as a thing I despise.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

A loving heart, an open mind and a sense of self-discipline. I'm only having to work on the last bit.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Unfounded prejudice, close-mindedness and a willingness to hurt others for purely selfish reasons. And I'm afraid I do posses the last of those, I do my best to pay that willigness no heed.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

Not really, haven't particularly tried to keep it a secret during the last two years.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I can certainly work on teams, I just don't often have chance to do so. Usually I fall in behind whoever seems to have a grasp of the situation and is actually leading already, otherwise I might take up the reins to get things going at least.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

Moira and I are in process of forming one. Rather small at the moment. I trust Moira implicitly, and while I haven't known Sarah long I think I'll be able to tell her a bit more about just what I am before long.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

No.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Oh, let's see. In no particular order here's the main ones; Rachel (who'm I've mentioned repeatedly by now), The Great Father (only meet him twice that I can recall, but hearing about him for nearly my whole life has left a mark) and Centurion (who'm I only learned off after arriving here).

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Over the years I've become mildly disillusioned with Rachel, no longer quite holding her up as high in my mind as when I was a younger. I still look up to her and certainly respect a lot of what she's done and said, but I know she's also done stuff that's questionable.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Yes, I do like it. The feeling of having done good and helped others does a fair bit to help keep me going. And the opportunity to actually hit people hard with legitimate reason and without legal action being taken is a definate perk.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

Yes. I can all to easily see that happening. I don't want to discuss the details further.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I would like to get in on an actual superhero team, failing that just have managed to expand my connections to a dozen or so other heroes I can reliably call if things get really bad for me.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I don't know. It depends on how attached I become to this world, whether I leave or not.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

To loose myself. I would no longer be truly me. And when this is triggered I try my outmost to clamp down on it, struggle to stay myself.

A very close second is to lose Moira.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

Yes, a fair number of things. Granted, I now know I'd come back from it. But even if I didn't I would willingly die to save the life of another of my family, or Moira.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Meh, it can be useful and nice to have at times. But I'm free with it and see it as a means to an end; living well and helping others.

How do you generally treat others?

I try to be kind and understanding, but if someone is abusive towards me or my friends I almost instinctively respond in a similar vein. "Treat others as you would wish to be treated"

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I'm fairly trusting. Being good at reading people helps. And no, I haven't been abused as such.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Extroverted and confident.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Being habitually flirtatious I generally get close, get to know them a little and see where it goes. Moira was actually the only time in the last few decades I had trouble with that, she just seemed so far out of even my league.

What are your most annoying habits?

Constant flirtation?

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Rapists, I shouldn't have to say anything more than that.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

No particular favourite, not having to eat I tend to savour and enjoy my meals.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Fruit juice actually

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

"Strawberry"

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Not of what you'd usually consider food no.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

Though choice, but I guess I have slight preference for purple, no particular colour I dislike.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

Like with most things, it's ecletic and varied. And no, I don't really hate any kind of music I've encountered.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Vanilla, slightly ahead of scent I wouldn't get away with mentioning here.

Do you have a favorite animal?

No

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

I'd guess it's the amethyst pendant my mother gave me when I left. I hardly ever wear it, but it's a connection to home and family that I do treasure.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

I definetly enjoy my creature comforts, but I have little against roughing it at times. A bit change is refreshing, and you enjoy what you have more when you know what it's like without them.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Oh dear. I think I would actually do just about any task given enough pressure/incentive to do it. Let's not list those I wouldn't alright?

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Not really.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Most of my family, so no specific individual

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

Not relevant

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I know all to readily that I could kill, fortunately I haven't done so.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

I might just say that it's in my blood.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

Yes. I would personally kill to keep my family and those closest to me safe if I believed that necessary and no other cause of action seemed available. Context and circumstance play such a major role, and are so nebulous, that it's very hard to pin much down here.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

Again, context. If it seemed to be a case of "overkill" where it was unnessary I would be saddened and try to find out just why if it was a friend. If it was an enemy of mine I would bring the pain.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I would try to locate the item in question and the one who stole it. If I could only go for one or the other I would prioritize the item. Should I find the culprit I would try to device some suitable punishment, or hand him/her over to the authorities.

How would you react to public humiliation?

I usually react by plotting vengeange while playing up my role as victim if possible.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

It hasn't happened to me, for which I am fortunate. But if it was accidental I would be grief stricken and try to find some way to aliviate the pain. Purposely? I would launch a hunt for those responsible and not stop until involved had paid for it, bringing in as much of my extended family as necessary. We don't take lightly to those who harm our kith and kin.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Mind-rape with forced and involuntary personality rewrite/wipe I do actually believe. It's destroying an individual beyond even what murder can cause given that I know there is an afterlife.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

As of now?

- Say goodbye to my family, tell them I love them.

- Inform any one who would miss me.

- Make sure my important stuff will be taken care off.

- Provide any relevant information I can think of to friends, family and other allies so as to if possible find some way to avenge/avert/overturn my impending death.

- Have wild passionate sex with Moira, and if she allows it try and sire a child so that even if I die permanently I leave some form of legacy.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Just about all of my relatives recieve similar training, so not really special.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

What "extra" training I've had has come mostly from Rachel actually, whom I've mentioned a couple of times by now.

We were fairly close, aunt and niece.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Teleportation and my dimension pockets I guess. It took me ten or so years of study back home to pull off, then I've spent a couple more years improving them.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

Not for a living. I do in fact do some translation work on commision for extra money, but it's not what I live on.

What is your preferred combat style?

To be honest I tend to power on ahead, abandoning defence in favour of offence and trusting my high durability and capacity to for healing to keep me from going down before my enemy does. That said I can strike with just about equal proficiency up close or at a distance so I often go at it in the way my opponent seems least capable himself.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

No

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

Apart from directly combat applicable skills, those always being useful for someone like myself, I do have an interest in expanding my knowledge of more intellectual matters. Primarily matters arcane or history, though such things as theology, philosophy and the workings of the mind are also of interest.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I know there's always more to learn, and those who are demonstratedly better than myself are generally a good source of improvement.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Spend time on patrol, get home and read a bit, out and socialize around lunch, patrol, read, maybe eat a little, patrol/train, socialize with the evening crowd, maybe call and socialize a bit with Moira, maybe see if I can find someone out for the evening, maybe just go back to patrolling. I don't have to eat or sleep, so I generally do what I feel like when I feel like it (within acceptable limits of course).

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Yes. I do read a lot. A number of webcomics (wonderful stuff to discover upon coming here), some manga, a bit of history, and fiction of the historical, science or fantasy variants. Apart from the more tradional all-text books I picked stuff up after arriving here. I do also engage in activities best not described for "decency's sake".

What do you do for fun?

Hobbies my dear man, didn't you just ask about that?

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

No

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Street wear, jeans and halter-tops are favourite.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Given that even most times I go to bed I don't actually sleep, it tends to be what I was born wearing.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

No

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

I carry the most important of my valuables, such as they are, in a series of extradimensional pockets.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Flight, with Teleportation included if speed is needed.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

No

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

My rather unusual heritage should make any DNA test or the like rather conclusive at the least.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Being loving, caring, and hopefully selflessly heroic.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Yes, I am a rather powerful "meta-human" and should I snap and head my darker impulses I would definetly be a threat.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My flexibility I believe.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

Lack of focus?

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

"Now, Alex, you're doing great overall. You probably should tone down the flirtation a bit though. And don't go to pieces over your "darker impulses", you aren't really any closer to snapping after two years then you were after one. Keep doing your part to help others and loving those close to you."

• 1 month later...

TvTropes which apply to Maenheld (more to be added as they're found, and I have the time and inclination)

Trope count at: 24

Ambiguously Brown

Anything That Moves - Not an extreme version, but it fits.

Bare Your Midriff - Not uncommon

Cat Girl - She's assumed this form on a few occasions (off-screen)

Charm Person - Can do this, but rarely does

Chivalrous Pervert - Fits well enough

Clothing Damage - She takes a fair bit of this given that she hasn't got anything to wear that's remotely as durable as she is.

Divine Parentage

Energy Blasts

Even The Girls Want Her - Kinda what her Supernatural Attractive power does

Flight ...

Flying Brick - An unconventional one, but it's kinda a baseline for her

Good Bad Girl - Oh yes

Hammerspace - She's got this, often having it appear as either Trouser Space or Victoria's Secret Compartment

Healing Hands

Horny Devils - To be found in her family tree

Immortality

Power Perversion Potential - ...

Really Gets Around - Has yet to really appear 'on screen', but this is true of her

Super Strength - Not all that strong compared to most paragons, but she can rip steel with her bare hands like it's cardboard

Teleportation

Voluntary Shapeshifting - Minor