Lantern Corps Recruitment

Gizmo

Well, from Sinestro's perspective, he's always been about saving the universe by providing justice and order. He just happened to think that the best way to do that was to rule over it with an iron fist. He put that on pause for a while because his ridiculous ego demanded revenge against the Guardians for kicking him out of the Corps, but I think deep down he never stopped thinking of himself as a Green Lantern; maybe even the only real Green Lantern, and certainly the best.

That's probably why Hal ticks him off so much: everyone's always going on about how Jordan's the greatest Lantern ever. Screw that! He's just as weak and shortsighted as the rest of them! Only Sinestro has the vision required for true greatness! Hal merging with Parallax has got to be like your assistant getting the promotion you've been working toward for years. Well not this time, buddy boy! This time Sinestro's gonna show all a' y'all!

• 7 months later...

Because I'm a sucker for this thought exercise...

First, my one created NPC.

Tranquility Tyrant would be a Yellow Lantern. Even though he has the whole "angry at the world" thing going on, his baser motivation is to make the world "right" through the application of force (and thus the inducement of fear). Thus, Yellow Lantern.

He'd primarily use it to augment his protections further, give him slightly better movement, and add in TK and Create Object (to herd his victims). I doubt he'd use it more directly offensively, but he might create an energy-sword to fence with or some big knuckledusters to punch with.

Next, my very first character here.

Gabriel is a Blue Lantern so much it hurts. He's got the skills for inspiring hope, and his whole motivation is "I have hope this city can be better, so I'm going to help it along". While he's got plenty of compassion, it's not quite the focus that his Hope is. That said, it'd be a "patch job" to give it a few more abilities without the necessary presence of a Green Lantern.

First and foremost, the ring would drastically increase his survivability, giving him much better defensive measures. As well, he'd have great team-boosting abilities, using a combination of natural Charisma, Inspiration, and of course a Boost. Likely use it to make constructs to defend civilians while he uses his natural powers to beat down bad guys. Might be able to use ring constructs to extend his range on some abilities.

Finally, my newer hero.

Cobalt Templar, despite his name, would be a Green Lantern. Well, eventually. He still has to work through some motivation and confidence issues, but when he does, determination is the name of the game. His sense of duty and (eventual!) fearlessness would combine to make him an implacable foe for evil. One day he'll be standing the line against the worst nightmares the multiverse can offer.

Of course, the GL ring can't really do anything more than what his current ring can. I suppose they'd feed off of each other, and let him do more things at once.

There. Sorry for "thread necro", but this brain bug wouldn't leave well enough alone. :P

Would it be weird that I'd put both my ladies in Blue rings? That's the real secret of heroes, after all: they inspire hope in us, inspire us to reach beyond what we merely think we could do.
I guess it depends. I mean, the Blue Lanterns are about both bringing hope, and feeling hope. So, ultimately, it's about what you think dominates your character more, in that respect. *Shrugs*

Realistically, Clad's probably in a Blue ring (creating her power armor from pure ENERGY!) while Robin's Green. magic requires a lot of willpower, dont'cha know. I just have no idea what a mystic would use power ring for that her magic wouldn't do. Well, I know what Robin's magic couldn't do, but the point stands.

Realistically, Clad's probably in a Blue ring (creating her power armor from pure ENERGY!) while Robin's Green. magic requires a lot of willpower, dont'cha know. I just have no idea what a mystic would use power ring for that her magic wouldn't do. Well, I know what Robin's magic couldn't do, but the point stands.
Well, I'd say it could do a lot of passive stuff, like sense enhancements, protection, that sort of thing. Maybe use it for creating objects like walls to protect civilians, and then use magic to blast enemies, or vice versa. That, or use the ring to super-charge your magic. In M&M, it'd basically give you a 2nd array, so you could have a couple different effects; that's what I envision with both of my characters. The boost idea is based off of a Darth Vader with Yellow Ring build I saw on ATT a while back.