Crossroads [IC]

alderwitch

"We should go shopping," Stesha decided, gesturing very definitely with her chopsticks. "I'll take a day off sometime when you're free, and we'll go out. Visit some of those fancy baby boutiques downtown, get all marinated in baby stuff. How can it really seem real until you start collecting everything you'll need, right? Then we can get you some new clothes. Jack's credit's good for it, right?" she asked, grinning, with a look around the sumptuous penthouse. "Especially if we get you some really excellent clothes. It'll be a few less things to worry about."

'

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That would be wonderful. I would really like to get out of my frumpy jeans and college sweatshirt look," Taylor agreed wryly, "I should really just be grateful that I don't feel sick to my stomach anymore. Although the teleporting still makes me a little dizzy. I haven't had to stop to be sick in the bushes before dealing with the bad guy in a few weeks which makes me happier than I can possibally say.

She wrinkled her nose and finished the last of the food in the carton, setting it back with a thump and a happy sight, "That was really, really tasty. Thank you."

"Anything to prove that eating's not so bad," Stesha teased, cleaning up some of the detritus from the table. "There's a couple more entrees in the bag, you can put them in your fridge and have them later. I picked up plenty." She folded the top down on her own half-eaten food and laid the chopsticks across the lid. "Do you think you're going to start calling and telling people tonight, or just let the news unfold? And do you want Derrick and I to keep mum about it still?"

"We'll start telling people as it comes up, I think. Its still a little hard to talk about without having to go into how we managed it in the first place. We'll tell our team, I imagine and then just others as it comes up. I can't exactly hide in my apartment until the baby's born. I have to attend classes, and all of that normal life stuff." Taylor waved her hands at 'normal' and smiled. Nothing here was ever like normal.

"So I think you and Derrick can have your sworn to secrecy status removed but I can check with Jack just to make sure. He's probably retreated to his office again."

When Taylor arrived in Jack's office, she found her husband sitting behind his desk, looking exhausted. At the sight of her, he looked up and gave a genuine smile. "Hey. How's it going out there? You guys gossiping yet?" That last smile showed teeth. "Because if so, I wanna get Dark Star here so we can...split the difference, I guess." Not that Derrick would actually have that kind of conversation with him.

Taylor laughed quietly as she moved around his desk to brush his bangs back and press a quick kiss to his temple, "No, just girl talk. We plotted about how to spend your hard earned money on clothing and Stesha asked me about the doctor's. Nothing too interesting, I don't think."

She straightened back up, her tone questioning, "Stesha was asking if she and Derrick were still sworn to secrecy. I said no?"

Jack frowned, his eyebrows furrowing. "Who were they going to tell?" he asked, not sounding terribly pleased at the prospect. Rising to his feet, he took a few moments to compose himself and said, "Actually, no. It's important to trust people, right? Yes. These are our friends. These are heroes." He took a step to the door and called out to Stesha, "Stesha, you and Derrick can tell people don't have anything to hide!" he said, putting his arm around Taylor. "We are what we are!"

Taylor patted his chest gently, her other arm slipping around his waist. She smiled faintly, the dimple deepening in her cheek at Jack's righteous tone. "Honey, I don't think we're talking about getting into the details. If the metaphysics make my head hurt, chances are good they're not going to be a real popular conversation topic. Its more about not ruining a big reveal."

Taylor glanced back at Stesha and did a quick Jack-to-human translation, "There's no one we mind finding out by word of mouth in the super hero circle. We'll make sure we contact our team tonight and Jack will probably call Elena. Other than that, we won't be doing anything big."