From the number of snowballs that connected with his sizable frame one might have thought Mike somehow didn't understand the point of the game. Other than his interceptions on Alex's behalf however he made the effort, if largely unsuccessful, to avoid the incoming snowballs.

Taking note that Alex had exhausted their stockpile of snowballs he set about to rectify he situation. His arms were a blur as in a matter of seconds he transformed a large portion of the drift they huddled behind into a pile of neatly stacked snowballs which he proudly presented to her with a smile.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex's laugh was childlike in its delight at the impromptu snow fight. This was really the real gift of Claremont. No teen here had to worry about keeping to human norms and a day of playing in the snow could be exactly that but free from worry of what a passerby might think of such things. She beamed at Mike and announced, "Kay, trade!"

Without waiting for his response, Alex shifted places with him to take the defensive spot. For a moment she looked entirely ludicrous in front of her boyfriends much larger form. Her booted feet splayed out for traction in the snow. Laughing at the first barrage, she began to form up force walls that she used to deflect the snowballs, "Let 'em have it, Mike!"

"Oh that's the kind of fight it's gonna be, huh?" Eddie quickly gave up trying to actually throw snowballs and began sending them down field with his own powers. After a few launches had piffed off of Alex's shields, he dove behind a pile of snow for cover. By this time, Eddie was almost completely covered in snow. His jeans were caked, and his sweatshirt had turned from black to white in just a few minutes. "Can't hit me here, Mike!" He taunted playfully.

"Is that a challenge?"

"Ahhh!" The Russian girl squeels in terror and delight; just before Mike's throw hits her, she collapses into a puddle of goo, which then shoots up a psuedopod into the branches of a nearby tree, only to reform back into Lenya, boots playfully dangling into space.

"Here I am safe from the American hooligans!" :D

From her perch, she starts raining down hastily-packed snowballs onto the heads of her earthbound prey.

"Noooo!!!" Eddie yelled as he got a veritable dump truck of snow poured on top of him. The section of the ground where he used to be lying was still. Then suddenly a large snow covered humanoid form stood up from the ground! Eddie vibrated the snow around him so that it would stick to his body, effectively turning him into an abominable snow man.

"Raaawwwwrr!" Eddie began to loose bits of his outer snow covering at Mike as he chased him around the quad.

Alex giggled, packing a light ball of snow between her mittened hands. She watched the boys run round and round for a second or two, her bright eyes watching the pattern with uncanny intelligence.

"Hey, Mike! She lobbed the snowball at him just as he looked up, catching him by surprise. It pffd harmlessly against his shoulder but Alex thrust both hands up in the touchdown gesture and declared through her laughter, "There can be only one!"

Mike got his shoulder up just in time to avoid getting the snowball right in the face. He clutched at his shoulder and crudely pantomimed a dramatic death before dropping into the snow with a thud. He lay there for a moment before standing and dusting off to jog over to rejoin Alex a mischievous glint in his eye, as he attempted to hide a small handful of snow behind his back.

"American hoodlums!?" cried Chris indignantly. "I resemble that remark!" Scooping up a handful of snow, he ran up the tree next to the Russian girl's and clung to it with his feet as he started pelting her with snow. "Apologise for your unfounded accusations of hoodlumness! We are not hoodlums! We are thugs!"

Having felled one opponent, the abominable snow man turned its eyes to other more interesting prey. There was a gathering by one of the trees that needed its attention. It shambled towards the two students as a large jagged maw opened up in the area of the creature's face. "Rwoaaarrr!!!"

Oh man is this fun! We should totally do this more often.

""Apologise for your unfounded accusations of hoodlumness! We are not hoodlums! We are thugs!"

Lenya laughs uncontrollably under Chris' icy barrage, ineffectually blocking her face with her gloved hands.

God, I miss this! Exactly how long ago did I stop being a kid?

She flips over backwards to hang from her knees, as she shakes the snow of her hat and out of her hair. "You are good with climbing, my friend, but you will regret fighting this day! Dosvedanya!"

She sticks out her tongue, then drops like a stone, landing softly on the blanket of snow in a low crouch.

"Who will battle Rusalka, she-ghost of the cold and deep!" :D

Mike smiled wide, "What makes you think that?" He asked full of faux innocence. Quickly closing the last few feet to Alex's side he gently deposited the handful of snow atop her hair. "I accept your offer of truce." He said as he finished squishing it in.

He took guarded step back, "So lunch?" He asked breaking into a small laugh.

"Rwaaarrrr-food?" Eddie demonstrated his good hearing, as suddenly the abominable snow covering fell to his feet.

Turning from the two he had been charging towards, Eddie looked across the field at Mike. Lowering his arms from their zombie-like position, he asked, "Did someone mention food? I'm starving! Not that you couldn't tell from the abominablenss."

Alex laughed and brushed off the cold snow from her red curls. Shivering a little, she quickly bent at the waist and shook her hair until it was simply damp.

"Brrrr....! That was most unkind, Mike." She teased him before she saw Eddie rounding on them - snow free. She beamed at him and nodded, "Yeah, I'm starved. Thrashing about in the snow you really work up an appetite. Besides, thanks to someone, I could use a chance to dry off. Not all of us are immune to the cold, you know."

She poked Mike in his unyielding stomach with one index finger before asking, "Joining us, Eddie?"

"Oh you bet!" Eddie's smile grew as he continued to think about all the delicious food he would soon eat.

"Oh man, what was I thinking!" Eddie palm his forehead in exasperation. "Guys, this is Lenya. I found her, well, she found me really, in the office. She's new, and I thought it would be cool to give her a tour. But hey, what would any tour be without showing off all the wonderful places to eat around here, right?" Eddie smiled back to Lenya as he introduce her with a gesture of his hand.

I'm a narc I'm a narc I'm a narc...

The beautiful polymorph smiles shyly and waves. "Hello! It is strange to be fighting someone before introduction, but that was very much fun! I am Lenya Sokolov; it is very nice to meet you all."

She looks from face to face as she shoulders up her backpack. "So where is lunch? I am always hungry after snowfight."

"Hi, Mike Harris." Mike said extending a friendly hand, "Lunch is in the cafeteria, and is usually pretty good actually." Of course compared to his mothers rather creative dietary choices most anything was pretty good.

The tall youth motioned int he appropriate direction and swung and arm over Alex's shoulder planting a chaste kiss on her forehead, "Sorry sweetie but you did start it." He said with a wink and a gentle smile.

"Well, should we get going?"

Lenya makes a face of mock-horror as she follows the group in the direction of the cafeteria. "It is dog? Even in the darkest times of Soviet Union, schoolchildren got to eat horse." She shakes her head sadly. "Truly it is sad day for the once-great capitalist paradise." ;)

Looking to change the subject (and get her head back in the spy game), the faux Russian lass starts digging in her backpack as she askes nonchalantly, "So what is favorite class of everyone? In math, I am not so good, but history is more my favorite."

Yeah, as long as no one asks me about Russian history :roll: :?

Arm still around Alex, Mike led the way towards the cafeteria, "Its not nearly as bad as they make it out to be, better than home cooking any day of the week if you ask me but I'm told my opinion may be an aberration."

"Besides," He added with a laugh, "Its chicken nuggets day. Can't screw up chicken nuggets."

"Oh, I don't know about that..." Eddie warned, "That totally depends on who's home cooking your talking about. My mom has always been a pretty damn good cook. This stuff would make her sick."

He shrugged as he followed mike. "And I totally prefer Taco Tuesday, just for the record."

With a quick look at Lenya he responded to her question. "Music!" He said with another nonchalant shrug, "Duh!"

Alex's brow furrowed, not responding to the chatter as Mike steered her gently towards the cafeteria, "Favorite class? That's tough. It would have to be either the study of astrophysics and interstellar communications with Dark Star or... Ethics for the Metaphyisical Mind."

Alex frown deepened and she added, "Oh, or driver's ed. That was fun too."

"Oh, or driver's ed. That was fun too."

At the mention of cars, Lenya noticibly perked up, looking from face to face. "You are driving now? Which of you has car? After classes, we must go to nearest mall, if only for window shopping."

How long do you honestly think you can keep this up, little lady? And was a Russian really the smartest choice? I'm thinking no.