"Shoot /through/ me!"

McClane dispatches all but one of Gabriel's men, but Gabriel still holds Lucy and Farrell hostage. Gabriel shoots McClane in the shoulder and makes McClane watch as he prepares to kill Lucy and Farrell. However, when Gabriel grinds his gun into McClane's wound, McClane fires it through his shoulder, killing Gabriel.

For some characters (like Ace Danger or Colt or Dead Head), that tactic would work.

For others (like All-Star or Atlas or Divine), it would not, since the bullet (or sword, or whatever) cannot go through them to the target on the other side.

Question the First: how would the "shoot through me" trick work in M&M?

The trick action would be the simplest explanation. Perhaps with a skill replace heroic feat for just such an occasion, like concentration or even a will save to represent the willingness to shoot oneself. Failure means they hit something important hence the person trying to trick takes the damage.

Since damage in M&M is fairly cinematic anyway I don't think this would really even need to have a component of the person being shot through taking damage. In the case of the mighty invulnerable types I would say its just a bad descriptor of the action.

The two ideas that spring immediately to mind would be either to use the Redirect feat with the Trick maneuver (possibly burning a HP to gain the feat), or power stunting a Damage effect against the villain with the Side-Effect flaw.

The two ideas that spring immediately to mind would be either to use the Redirect feat with the Trick maneuver (possibly burning a HP to gain the feat), or power stunting a Damage effect against the villain with the Side-Effect flaw.

I think if you're going for the guy who is shooting you can just use trick and if you want the shooter to hit his buddy its the feat? Trick is odd in that its effects are entirely situational so I'm not sure if redirect would be absolutely necessary in that situation.