Growing Up Vampire [IC]

alderwitch

Jack kept his face nearly impassive, but reached out to squeeze Taylor's hand supportively. "I never doubted that for an instant," he said, and it was one of the tinier lies he'd told in the last several months. "And what do you mean alive?" He smiled at Taylor, not wanting to leave her hanging, and mouthed, "It's good news. I think."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I knew he wasn't the sharpest fang in the pack, but this is-

He is anxious, concerned, and probably freaking out; some confusion is completely normal.

Pft, as if anything about wither of those two is normal.

"Vhat do you mean, 'vhat do I mean'?," Archeville's repeated. "It's ALIVE! It is a living fetus, mit functioning organs, a metabolism, all of dat! In fact, de only anomaly I haff found in him stems from Taylor's side of de equation, not yours. It is nothing serious, dough, or at least does not appear so, but I vould prefer to speak about it in person razher dan over de phone. Vhen vould be a good time to meet up?"

• 3 weeks later...

Taylor squeezed his hand back, hard enough that if he wasn't a nigh invulnerable corpse, it probably would have hurt. She continued to grip his hand with hers and clutch the towel to her breasts with the other, her dark eyes never leaving his face.

She opened her mouth to ask questions but shut it with an audible click, knowing that adding questions into the mix would only make it take longer to get answers.

"We'll be there right away. Soon as we're dressed," Jack amended. "I'll talk to you then." He hung up the phone and stared at Taylor for a moment, then hugged her, putting his arms around her and resting his hand on her stomach. "Dr. Archeville says he's okay." Jack fought back tears. "He's...he's fine. He's really fine. He's got a little magic in him or something that he wants to talk to you about, but nothing vampire. Oh God, Taylor, I didn't kill our baby!"

Taylor wrapped her arms around him, her slender body relaxing against him in mingled relief and support, shaking slightly as the tension started to leak out of her. The face she buried against his neck was suspiciously damp and her words were muffled but heartfelt, "Oh, thank God."

Demon invsion and certain death were one thing but Taylor was used to risking herself. She was even used to risking Jack. After all, their relationship had been built largely in costume, but the idea of being responsible for something so helpless, so fragile was downright terrifying. As quickly as the relief came, it was swamped by panic as it became real. She looked up at him with red rimmed eyes and tear streaked cheeks as she whispered, "Oh, Jack, how are we going to do this?"

~~fin~~