Stay Frosty People (IC)

Geez3r

Despite his upbringing, Atlas still loved snow. Truth be told, he felt weird when there wasn't some around. Besides, it was warm here, or at least compared to back home anyways, and it wasn't like he got cold often anymore. So when he felt the need to make a snowman, he didn't question it and immediately went off to Liberty Park. He took one great big leap, soaring high above the snowy streets of Freedom. Although he never mentioned it, Atlas wished he could fly. Whenever he took the big leaps he always liked to spread his arms out and pretend he was flying.

Landing with a thud, Atlas took a moment to adjust his hat while he surveyed the area, looking for a good spot. Finding one, he went about making a snowman. Within a few minutes, he had a snowball nearly 3ft in diameter.

Christmas time is a time to spend with family. But then again, Moira had no family. Well, family she would associate with at the time. The last of her earth family passed almost a year ago. Now all she had was friends. Friends with families they needed to attend to. But Moira didn't.

Rather than wallow in self-pity, she got up and got ready for a stroll around Freedom City. She didn't need much for protection from the cold given her physiology, so she dressed in a sleveless red silk dress that went down to her ankles. Snazzy enough if she got caught offguard by someone.

Everything was closed on Christmas, so their was nothing but beautiful white scenery to take in. It was gorgeous enough that she took her camera. It was one of the many gifts that were under her tree this morning. Some from a few secret admirers, some from friends, some from the jolly old elf himself (she knew to leave milk and cookies, hang a stocking and to get plenty of rest)!

She walked around for a few hours looking at all the decorations and scenery when she found the perfect untouch landscape. It was a parklike something from a postcard. She gleefully snapped everything up into digital form, but by the end was a most intriguing sight. A giant red man. Rolling a snowball. What luck! It was Atlas. She had met him at Taylor and Jack's wedding reception. He was a nice guy. She wondered why he was here. Walking over she waved to the big man. "Hey," she smiled when she got over to him and his giant snowball that reached well up to her waistline. "Merry Christmas."

Atlas stood up from his work in surprise at the close voice, he had been son engrossed he apparently hadn't notice Moira sneak up on him. His eyes also widened in shock when he realized he was being greeted by someone in a red silk dress in the middle of winter. "Vhy hello zere, and a very Merry Christmas to you too." said Atlas with a smile as he gave a small bow at Moira's arrival. "Aren't you a little cold?" he asked nodding at her dress.

Moira chuckled. She didn't tell him about her... uniqueness at the reception. "Nah, I have my own way to not get cold," she said stepping up on the giant mound of snow. She still wan't as tall as the red behemoth. "Let's just say I'm a very giving being," she said looking up to him with a mischievous wink, "Isn't that what the season is all about?"

Stepping down from her impromptu podium, she looked around the area. All she saw was the great big ball of snow. She snapped a picture of it and then looked back up at Atlas. "So, what do you have planned for this? World's largest snowman?"

I'll bet you are. mused Atlas. He couldn't help but get a big smile on his face watching Moira's antics. "Indeed it is." Atlas looked at the snowball at his feet, and starting rolling it some more. "I had figured I was just going to make a snowman until I got bored, but I only just got out here, so it is probably going to be huge. Zis is ze first time I have made a snowman since I have been..." Atlas held his arms out at his sides as if to say "me". Atlas stopped pushing the snowball again, having made it nearly a foot wider already, and stood up to talk to Moira some more, pointing at her camera "I assume you came out here to take some pictures of ze city vhile it is still in ze holiday cheer. A Christmas present maybe?"

Moira sighed with a bit of remorse while looking at her camera. She didn't want to mope, but it was sort of hard considering the circumstances. All of her friends had family. All she had was friends. Not that having friends was a bad thing! She enjoyed having the friends she had. She had gifts for them all. Stesha, Ace, Jack, Lynn, Derrick, Elena, Angel, Taylor... Alright, enough of this pity trip! She was here to get the fact that her friends had better things to do off her mind!

She looked at Atlas with a half-smile, trying to not reveal her plight. "Yeah," she said softly then spoke up getting back to her cheer-filled tone, "Yeah sorta. There's so much beauty out there that you never see when everyone's inside like today." She flipped though the list of pictures on the camera, showing Atlas the snowy empty scenery of the city. "This snowman will make an awesome addition," she said looking at the more giant ball of snow then back up to Atlas, "Would you like some help?"

It Atlas noticed Moira being a little down on herself, he didn't mention it. Atlas crouched down low so he could peer over Moira's shoulder as she scrolled through the pictures. Atlas pointed out a few of his favorite ones. She smells like vanilla and cinnamon... thought Atlas as his eyes momentarily glazed over. "I vould love some help!" said Atlas happily. "Vith ze two of us vorking togezer, ve could create an army of snow men and rule ze vorld! ...Or pass an hour or two, vhatever comes first."

Moira snickered at the thought of world domination. She hummed the tune of a theme song she couldn't quite remember the lyrics to at the moment. Something about laboratory mice. Hanging the camera around her neck (in case she needed it for any sudden photo moments), she squatted down and picked as much snow as her hands could hold and molded it into a ball. Quickly standing up she ran to show her accomplishment to Atlas. "[divine]Well, it's not a ball the size of me, but it's a start![/divine]"

"OK. So maybe ve kill zree or four hours." joked Atlas, grinning while sticking his tongue out as he looked at the small snow ball. "Time vell spent zough." added Atlas. He went back to pushing his own snow ball, which was soon nearly 5ft across, and Atlas still had no difficulty pushing the ball around. However, it was getting a little lop sided so Atlas took a moment to smooth everything out with his hands, trying to get the ball to stay as round as possible. He went about his task quickly and expertly. This was clearly not the first snowman he had made in his day.

Moira was impressed by the veritable hill of snow. A hill was the only way to classify it. The thing was almost as tall as her. There was no way she was going to beable to measure up to the big red man's balls. She chucked what she had and walked over to the huge mound, nodding her approval. "[divine]Now,[/divine]" Moira said with a mischievous grin while patting down the large thing to make it more firm, "[divine]Is this gonna be a one hump snowman or are we gonna start working on a second hump?[/divine]"

Atlas smiled at Moira's youthful exuberance as she went about firming up his big snowball. "I don't know." said Atlas pausing for a second. "Usually I just make a hump as big as I can before I get too tired to do anyzing more. But, I pounded out ze first hump vithout even zinking about it. Ve could be out here making dozens and dozens of humps all afternoon." Atlas paused for a moment to think. "Okay. How about ve make 2 big humps before ve finish off ze head, and zen ve repeat until ve used up all ze vhite stuff da?"

Moira smiled with a twinkle in her eye as she listened to the big red man speak. Try as she might, her innuendo wasn't meant, it just happened. Though this behemoth could prove some fun later. But this snowman would be finished before anything else happened, she would make sure of it. "[divine]Alright, let's get this snowman big and strong then,[/divine]" Moira continued with the flirtations as she packed in the snow, "[divine]You know what they say about big snowmen, right?[/divine]" She winked playfully, "[divine]Big hats.[/divine]"

"Heh, big hats indeed." When Moira next turned around, he took off his hat and plopped it on Moira's head. The scene was reminiscent of a little kid trying on the biggest baseball helmet in the store and it promptly falling over their eye lids.

After a bit more work, and many more shenanigans, their snowman was nearly done. The basic form was complete anyways; they just needed to do the finishing touches to make it complete. "Ve make a pretty good team." said Atlas standing back and admiring their handiwork.

Moira laughed aloud as the hat plopped down on her head. She thought about keeping it as a souvenir, but the big red man would probably need it more than her. She kept it as long as Atlas would let her keep it, not mentioning it until he took it off of her.

The snowman grew to be fifteen foot tall! fun times and shenanigans indeed were had and done. Atlas learned that Moira was stronger than she looked. In fact it was her lifting of the giant that the snowman got so tall. Moira learned Atlas was very ticklish at the back of his knees. A fact that Moira seemed to enjoy exploiting. When it came time to put the face on, Moira opted to climb mount Atlas to do it herself. Armed with coal and carrot, she jammed them all in with the customary smile. Now it was time for crowning moment.

Atlas squirmed a bit as Moira climbed her way up his back. He had offered to simply pick her up, but protested saying something to the effect that it would be more of an adventure to do it this way. But after a few near falls and at least one misplaced foot to the face, Moira was in position. She jammed the coal and carrot into place on the snowman's head. Atlas passed up the top hat to Moira while averting his eyes, and it completed the snowman.

Not waiting for a complaint this time, Atlas plucked Moira off his shoulders and set her down on the ground next to him. Firstly, he didn't want her treading all over him again, this time with gravity aiding her, and secondly, it gave him an excuse to keep his arm around her while they took a few steps back to admire their finished handiwork.

That moment however would be far too brief, for there was someone watching them from afar. "Ah young love... how entirely delusional. This isn't romance, this isn't a magical time of the year; its when a guy will sink his teeth into you, take everything he wants from you and then leave you the instant he has the slightest whim. The only thing that comes from such a union is pain. It's a harsh lesson, but one you should learn before it's too late."

Medea speaks words of Eldrich power and the snow man begins to stir...

Moira looked at the huge snowman with glossed over eyes as she held to Atlas. It reminded he of simpler times. Back to her childhood when she was just the really strong cute girl, not the goddess of hedonism. Though she didn't regret the position at all. The moment was ruined as a bolt of magical energy crashed into the snowman. Confused, Moira looked up to Atlas to see what was the matter. It seemed he didn't know either. Then the snowman started moving. Letting go of Atlas she looked around to see where that bolt came from. Medea! This couldn't be good at all! Turning back to the snowman, her suspicions were confirmed when the giant snowman took on a menacing demeanor. "[divine]This is cold, Medea,[/divine]" Moira shouted back to the witch. "[divine]Time to put Frosty on ice,[/divine]" she said looking up to Atlas with a devilish grin.

As the scene unfolded Atlas's expression soured. A guy could really learn to hate this town sometimes... "Dammit voman! In Soviet Russia snowball fights you, not America!" he called out to the mad sorceress. He scanned the area looking for anything else that was out of place (ie: moving) but didn't see anything other than a handful of wise civilians beating feet in the opposite direction. He breath a sigh of relief at that small comfort and smiled as he looked down at Moira. "Let's kick some ice!" The stupidest things were always the most contagious...

The snow had been magically reinforced and was now far stronger than steel. Moira was causing damage to the snowman, but not before the snowman clobbered her with one of it's tree like arms "RAWR!"

"Will these petulant morals never learn? Power does not come from strength of arms, but rather strength of the mind." With another Eldrich chant, Atlas' mind is assaulted by terrible visions of death and destruction.

Atlas is able to shake off the horrific visions and returns to the now, which is still rather horrific. When the creature had assaulted Moira, it had left itself open, a mistake Atlas was sure to exploit. He rushed the creature and struck with all his might at the very same spot Moira had weakened. The monster was reeling as it was flipped end over end by the force of the blow.

Moira picked up two large sticks off the ground, they were meant to be arms for the snowman, but they weren't large enough. She buried one of the sticks deep into the snowman's lower ball; and then the other. She began to scale the writhing mountain of snow one jab at a time. If the thing wasn't so adamant about her not climbing it, she would have made it to the head. She dodged whatever the snowman threw at her and even Atlas's headlong rush until she stopped at Frosty's mid-thorax. She grabbed one of it's arms and swung around behind it. Such was the momentum that, climbing sticks still in hand, she burst a hole through the other side when she connected both of them with it's back.

The snowman let out a terrible roar as it was impaled, and yet it still moved. "Petulant child! You will see things my way even if I have to force you!" roared the infuriated Medea. Moira felt another presence in her mind as someone else wrestled for control. On the ground below, Atlas hammered the snowman and a crack ran up the length of the snowman, purple eldritch energy leaking from it. "How do you like zat!?"

Moira grimaced as the magical wench tried to enter her brain. Sure she would play with Frosty! The way snowmen were meant to be played with! Scurrying up to the snowman's head, she planted her feet in it's neck and went around front to meet it face to face. With sadistic glee she snapped off the big carrot nose. The snowman staggered around still trying to whack Moira off. Moira would have no such and and jammed the carrot right in the snowman's forehead! The thing flailed around a bit while she pulled the carrot out again. Trying to stab it again but the flailing made her miss the thing's forehead and the carrot few off into the distance.

As the snowman and the goddess fought with the fury of the heavens, Medea set to even the odds again. Medea spoke more words of eldrich power and overran Atlas's mind. He was able to shake off most of the effects, but it did leave him staggered and his vision a little blurred. "No matter how strong you may be brute, it will fail you one day and all you will have is your frail little mind."

Moira gritted her teeth and stood her ground as the thing flailed, planting her foot in the hole she made in it's forehead. Stepping up again she sat her butt on the thing's hat. She might have been a wild raging beast at the moment, but there was no way this new dress was getting messed up. Latching on to the things two coal eyes, she began to pull with all of her might. These things did not want to come off as easy as the nose. Bearing her feet down in the snowman's forehead hole, she would not give up on this!