Power Level: PL 11 (152 PPs)

Unspent PPs: 2

Characters Name: Katherine 'Kat' Allen

Alternate Identity: Cheshire

Height: 5' 7"

Weight: 128lbs

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Description: Kat is a very attractive young woman with an incredible figure. In her regular identity she wears whatever the most fashionable designer at the moment is, as Cheshire she sports a dark blue catsuit (heh, get it?) and a matching dark blue mask that covers her whole head, leaving only her eyes and mouth free.

History:"Oh my god, did you see what Justin was wearing? He looked so hot I nearly dragged him in the- No, he broke up with her last week, don't you remember? At that thing on Elli's dad's yacht. Yeah, the one where Donna got drunk and cussed out her driver. She's checking in to rehab again? Well, I guess that's good. What? No, I can't make it to Millennium tonight, Daddy's being a troll and keeping my car for the next week. I know, it's was just a few speeding tickets, it's not like he pays them anyway, his friend Judge Bolly or whoever fixes them all. Oh, we're here. I'm looking at a new apartment, my old one has to many freaks in the building. Text me later. Bye."

Katherine "Kat" Allens. Privileged daughter of powerful and wealthy parents, and famous around the city as a premiere partier, socialite, and spoiled, vapid little brat. And the part that made Kat laugh quite a bit when she was alone?

It was all a lie.

Kat knew in junior high that she was different than the other rich girls she went to school with. She was smarter, and found the constant gossip and chasing designer labels boring even then. But she saw how the unpopular kids where treated, and decided that playing along was much easier, and before long she was Queen of the social circle. It wasn't until High School that Kat realized just how different she was. When she learned about her powers, a whole new world opened up. As she debated what to do with her knew found power (though she rarely gave a second thought about where it came from, her most popular theories being that she's either a mutant or that Mom had a little fling Daddy didn't know about with a superperson), something finally clicked when, as a joke, she broke in to the Headmaster's Office and stole her prized (and quite ugly) painting. Kat loved it. Not the stealing so much, as she was never in need of money, but the thrill of doing something illegal, or using her brains and her powers to do what wasn't supposed to be done. That really excited her. Kat did briefly consider becoming a superhero, but soon decided it was much to dangerous, and being a thief was a lot less likely to get her killed. So Kat quietly began preparing herself for what lay ahead. She studied security systems, lockpicking, she slyly began getting to know the right people. She also took as many discrete martial arts lessons as she could so that she was more than able to take care of herslef without needing to carry any weapons ( and Kat discovered in her training that with a little effort she could use some of her 'ability' to vastly increase how hard she could hit). And all that time she groomed her image as a irresponsible debutante as to be the perfect cover.

Now, Kat's ready. She's pulled a few jobs so far. Nothing major, but she hopes to move up in the world, and maybe make some real contacts soon enough. And she can't wait till the first time a superhero tries to stop her. That should make for quite the challenge indeed...

Stats:

Str: 12 (+1)

Dex: 20 (+5)

Con: 12 (+1)

Int: 16 (+3)

Wis: 12 (+1)

Cha: 20 (+5)

BAB: +5 (+9 Unarmed)

BDB: +9 (+12 with Dodge Focus)

Initiative: +13

Saves:

Toughness: +1/+8

Fortitude: +4

Reflex: +6

Will: +10

Skills: Acrobatics 14 (+19), Bluff 10 (+15), Climb 10 (+11), Diplomacy 10 (+15), Disable Device 12 (+15), Gather Information 10 (+15), Knowledge: Pop Culture 4 (+7), Knowledge: High Society 4 (+7), Perform: Dance 8 (+13), Notice 12 (+13), Search 10 (+13), Sense Motive 12 (+13), Stealth 12 (+17)

Feats: Attack Specialization [unarmed] (2 ranks), Attractive (1 rank), Benefit: Rich (4 ranks), Defensive Roll (2 ranks), Dodge Focus (3 ranks) Equipment (2 ranks), Evasion (2 ranks), Improved Initiative (2 ranks), Taunt, Uncanny Dodge, Well Informed.

Powers: Teleport (4 ranks) [Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Turnabout], Leaping (1 rank), Quickness (1 rank), Strike: 'Ability' Focus (9 ranks) [Mighty],

Equipment: Custom Protective Costume [Protection] Cellular Phone, Security/Lockpicking tools, Nightvision goggles, Binoculars.

Costs: Abilities (32) + Combat (28) + Saves (13) + Skills (32) + Feats (21) + Powers (24) - Drawbacks (00) = 150

Okay, Cheshire is my first M&M character, so let me know if I got something wrong.

Players Name: Snake Gandhi

Description: Kat is a very attractive young woman with an incredible figure. In her regular identity she wears whatever the most fashionable designer at the moment is, as Cheshire she sports a dark blue catsuit (heh, get it?) and a matching dark blue mask that covers her whole head, leaving only her eyes and mouth free.

History:"Oh my god, did you see what Justin was wearing? He looked so hot I nearly dragged him in the- No, he broke up with her last week, don't you remember? At that thing on Elli's dad's yacht. Yeah, the one where Donna got drunk and cussed out her driver. She's checking in to rehab again? Well, I guess that's good. What? No, I can't make it to Millennium tonight, Daddy's being a troll and keeping my car for the next week. I know, it's was just a few speeding tickets, it's not like he pays them anyway, his friend Judge Bolly or whoever fixes them all. Oh, we're here. I'm looking at a new apartment, my old one has to many freaks in the building. Text me later. Bye."

Katherine "Kat" Allens. Privileged daughter of powerful and wealthy parents, and famous around the city as a premiere partier, socialite, and spoiled, vapid little brat. And the part that made Kat laugh quite a bit when she was alone?

It was all a lie.

Kat knew in junior high that she was different than the other rich girls she went to school with. She was smarter, and found the constant gossip and chasing designer labels boring even then. But she saw how the unpopular kids where treated, and decided that playing along was much easier, and before long she was Queen of the social circle. It wasn't until High School that Kat realized just how different she was. When she learned about her powers, a whole new world opened up. As she debated what to do with her knew found power (though she rarely gave a second thought about where it came from, her most popular theories being that she's either a mutant or that Mom had a little fling Daddy didn't know about with a superperson), something finally clicked when, as a joke, she broke in to the Headmaster's Office and stole her prized (and quite ugly) painting. Kat loved it. Not the stealing so much, as she was never in need of money, but the thrill of doing something illegal, or using her brains and her powers to do what wasn't supposed to be done. That really excited her. Kat did briefly consider becoming a superhero, but soon decided it was much to dangerous, and being a thief was a lot less likely to get her killed. So Kat quietly began preparing herself for what lay ahead. She studied security systems, lockpicking, she slyly began getting to know the right people. She also took as many discrete martial arts lessons as she could so that she was more than able to take care of herslef without needing to carry any weapons ( and Kat discovered in her training that with a little effort she could use some of her 'ability' to vastly increase how hard she could hit). And all that time she groomed her image as a irresponsible debutante as to be the perfect cover.

Now, Kat's ready. She's pulled a few jobs so far. Nothing major, but she hopes to move up in the world, and maybe make some real contacts soon enough. And she can't wait till the first time a superhero tries to stop her. That should make for quite the challenge indeed...

Stats:

Saves:

Skills: Acrobatics 14 (+19), Bluff 10 (+15), Climb 10 (+11), Diplomacy 10 (+15), Disable Device 12 (+15), Gather Information 10 (+15), Knowledge: Pop Culture 4 (+7), Knowledge: High Society 4 (+7), Perform: Dance 8 (+13), Notice 12 (+13), Search 10 (+13), Sense Motive 12 (+13), Stealth 12 (+17)

Feats: Attack Specialization [unarmed] (2 ranks), Attractive (1 rank), Benefit: Rich (4 ranks), Defensive Roll (2 ranks), Dodge Focus (3 ranks) Equipment (2 ranks), Evasion (2 ranks), Improved Initiative (2 ranks), Taunt, Uncanny Dodge, Well Informed.

Powers: Teleport (4 ranks) [Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Turnabout], Leaping (1 rank), Quickness (1 rank), Strike: 'Ability' Focus (9 ranks) [Mighty],

Equipment: Custom Protective Costume [Protection] Cellular Phone, Security/Lockpicking tools, Nightvision goggles, Binoculars.

Costs: Abilities (32) + Combat (28) + Saves (13) + Skills (32) + Feats (21) + Powers (24) - Drawbacks (00) = 150

Okay, Cheshire is my first M&M character, so let me know if I got something wrong.

It was all a lie.

Stats:

Saves:

I love the concept, but you may want to reconsider a few things:

1. With a toughness save of +0, you will likely not make it past a combat encounter with an NPC much less any of our heroes. It is typical for heroes and villains to have a Toughness save = to their PL. There are several ways you can accomplish this in keeping with your villain's "style." Protection bought as a Device (costume) and Defensive Roll come immediately to mind. With a BDB of +12, you can have up to +8 in Toughness.

2. You probably already know this, but with only 1 rank in Pheromones, it will likely be very ineffective on heroes (The save DC is 11). However, against normal folks it should be pretty effective (work about 50% of the time).

3. Unless you plan on avoiding fights (not unheard of), you need at least 1 PL-level attack (somewhere close to +10 to hit and +10 Save DC).

Do understand though, these aren't criticisms. If you intended to make a character that can't stand up in a fight (again, not unheard of), great! It should make for some great RPing. I only mention these things because you said this was your first MnM character.

And welcome to the board!

1. With a toughness save of +0, you will likely not make it past a combat encounter with an NPC much less any of our heroes. It is typical for heroes and villains to have a Toughness save = to their PL. There are several ways you can accomplish this in keeping with your villain's "style." Protection bought as a Device (costume) and Defensive Roll come immediately to mind. With a BDB of +12, you can have up to +8 in Toughness.

2. You probably already know this, but with only 1 rank in Pheromones, it will likely be very ineffective on heroes (The save DC is 11). However, against normal folks it should be pretty effective (work about 50% of the time).

3. Unless you plan on avoiding fights (not unheard of), you need at least 1 PL-level attack (somewhere close to +10 to hit and +10 Save DC).

Do understand though, these aren't criticisms. If you intended to make a character that can't stand up in a fight (again, not unheard of), great! It should make for some great RPing. I only mention these things because you said this was your first MnM character.

Okay, that's probably a good thing to know. Will adjust accordingly.

Understandable, I was figuring as much. Though with your other advice I may just drop it and use the points for other stuff.

Yeah, that might be a good idea too.

Well, my intention was for Kat to be able to handle your average mooks (security guards, normal cops, gang bangers, etc) fairly handily, but be outclassed by any sort of combat oriented super. After all, she's there to steal stuff and run away. So, you advice is quite welcome. I'll adjust a few things and post her again.

Understandable, I was figuring as much. Though with your other advice I may just drop it and use the points for other stuff.

Well, my intention was for Kat to be able to handle your average mooks (security guards, normal cops, gang bangers, etc) fairly handily, but be outclassed by any sort of combat oriented super. After all, she's there to steal stuff and run away. So, you advice is quite welcome. I'll adjust a few things and post her again.

Okay, revision 1. And that was a painful point cutting, let me tell you.

Power Level: PL 10

It was all a lie.

Kat knew in junior high that she was different than the other rich girls she went to school with. She was smarter, and found the constant gossip and chasing designer labels boring even then. But she saw how the unpopular kids where treated, and decided that playing along was much easier, and before long she was Queen of the social circle. It wasn't until High School that Kat realized just how different she was. When she learned about her powers, a whole new world opened up. As she debated what to do with her knew found power (though she rarely gave a second thought about where it came from, her most popular theories being that she's either a mutant or that Mom had a little fling Daddy didn't know about with a superperson), something finally clicked when, as a joke, she broke in to the Headmaster's Office and stole her prized (and quite ugly) painting. Kat loved it. Not the stealing so much, as she was never in need of money, but the thrill of doing something illegal, or using her brains and her powers to do what wasn't supposed to be done. That really excited her. Kat did briefly consider becoming a superhero, but soon decided it was much to dangerous, and being a thief was a lot less likely to get her killed. So Kat quietly began preparing herself for what lay ahead. She studied security systems, lockpicking, she slyly began getting to know the right people. And all that time she groomed her image as a irresponsible debutante as to be the perfect cover.

Stats:

BAB: +6

BDB: +12

Initiative:+5

Saves:

Fortitude: +1

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+15), Bluff 10 (+15), Climb 10 (+11), Diplomacy 10 (+15), Disable Device 10 (+13), Gather Information 10 (+15), Knowledge: Pop Culture 2 (+5), Knowledge: High Society 4 (+7), Perform: Dance 6 (+11), Notice 12 (+13), Search 10 (+13), Sense Motive 12 (+13), Stealth 10 (+15)

Feats: Attractive (1 rank), Benefit: Rich (4 ranks), Defensive Roll (2 ranks) Equipment (1 rank), Evasion (2 ranks), Instant Up, Taunt, Uncanny Dodge, Well Informed.

Powers: Teleport (4 ranks) [Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Turnabout], Leaping (1 rank), Quickness (1 rank), Strike (9 ranks) [Mighty], Device: Custom Protective Costume (4 ranks) [Protection]

Equipment: Cellular Phone, Security/Lockpicking tools, Nightvision goggles, Binoculars.

Costs: Abilities (32) + Combat (36) + Saves (10) + Skills (30) + Feats (14) + Powers (28) - Drawbacks (00) = 150

It was all a lie.

Kat knew in junior high that she was different than the other rich girls she went to school with. She was smarter, and found the constant gossip and chasing designer labels boring even then. But she saw how the unpopular kids where treated, and decided that playing along was much easier, and before long she was Queen of the social circle. It wasn't until High School that Kat realized just how different she was. When she learned about her powers, a whole new world opened up. As she debated what to do with her knew found power (though she rarely gave a second thought about where it came from, her most popular theories being that she's either a mutant or that Mom had a little fling Daddy didn't know about with a superperson), something finally clicked when, as a joke, she broke in to the Headmaster's Office and stole her prized (and quite ugly) painting. Kat loved it. Not the stealing so much, as she was never in need of money, but the thrill of doing something illegal, or using her brains and her powers to do what wasn't supposed to be done. That really excited her. Kat did briefly consider becoming a superhero, but soon decided it was much to dangerous, and being a thief was a lot less likely to get her killed. So Kat quietly began preparing herself for what lay ahead. She studied security systems, lockpicking, she slyly began getting to know the right people. And all that time she groomed her image as a irresponsible debutante as to be the perfect cover.

Stats:

Saves:

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+15), Bluff 10 (+15), Climb 10 (+11), Diplomacy 10 (+15), Disable Device 10 (+13), Gather Information 10 (+15), Knowledge: Pop Culture 2 (+5), Knowledge: High Society 4 (+7), Perform: Dance 6 (+11), Notice 12 (+13), Search 10 (+13), Sense Motive 12 (+13), Stealth 10 (+15)

Feats: Attractive (1 rank), Benefit: Rich (4 ranks), Defensive Roll (2 ranks) Equipment (1 rank), Evasion (2 ranks), Instant Up, Taunt, Uncanny Dodge, Well Informed.

Powers: Teleport (4 ranks) [Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Turnabout], Leaping (1 rank), Quickness (1 rank), Strike (9 ranks) [Mighty], Device: Custom Protective Costume (4 ranks) [Protection]

Equipment: Cellular Phone, Security/Lockpicking tools, Nightvision goggles, Binoculars.

Costs: Abilities (32) + Combat (36) + Saves (10) + Skills (30) + Feats (14) + Powers (28) - Drawbacks (00) = 150

It was all a lie.

Stats:

Saves:

I think you'll have much more fun with this version of your character. Now, when she gets in a fight (because you can't run from 'em all), she'll not have to teleport away immediately.

There are a couple of things that you might not have noticed if this is your first character, so I'll point them out here and you can choose whether you want to do them or not, based on your concept.

1) You can make an Acrobatics check at DC 20 to get the same benefit as the Instant Up feat. If you change the pp you spent on the feat to another four ranks of the skill, you can't fail a DC 20 Acrobatics check, and it gives you the extra four ranks for the other uses of Acrobatics.

2) It looks like Cheshire primarily fights hand-to-hand. You could change some of your attack bonus to Attack Focus (melee) or Attack Specialization (unarmed) if you wanted more points for other things. Similarly, you could take some of your ranks in Defense as Dodge Focus. Since you have Uncanny Dodge, you'll usually keep your dodge bonus, even when other characters would be losing theirs.

3) I've had pointed out to me that there is Equipment that provides a +5 Toughness save, so having a catsuit that gives (+5 Protection, Subtle) is within the realm of possibilty. Buying equipment rather than a device saves pp, and in your case, where it's only providing a Protection bonus, there's not too great a difference.

4) Leaping doesn't do much for you, given your Teleport. Still, if you want to keep your Teleportation a secret, or you're concerned about someone Nullifying the Teleportation, 1 pp doesn't make much difference.

5) You have a pretty big weak spot with your low Fortitude save. That may be intentional, but if it's only that low because you lacked the pp to increase it, some of my suggestions above might help you find those points.

The last thing's a question. How exactly does Cheshire's Strike work? You don't have any descriptors on it, and the story wasn't changed to explain that ability.

I think you'll have much more fun with this version of your character. Now, when she gets in a fight (because you can't run from 'em all), she'll not have to teleport away immediately.

There are a couple of things that you might not have noticed if this is your first character, so I'll point them out here and you can choose whether you want to do them or not, based on your concept.

1) You can make an Acrobatics check at DC 20 to get the same benefit as the Instant Up feat. If you change the pp you spent on the feat to another four ranks of the skill, you can't fail a DC 20 Acrobatics check, and it gives you the extra four ranks for the other uses of Acrobatics.

2) It looks like Cheshire primarily fights hand-to-hand. You could change some of your attack bonus to Attack Focus (melee) or Attack Specialization (unarmed) if you wanted more points for other things. Similarly, you could take some of your ranks in Defense as Dodge Focus. Since you have Uncanny Dodge, you'll usually keep your dodge bonus, even when other characters would be losing theirs.

3) I've had pointed out to me that there is Equipment that provides a +5 Toughness save, so having a catsuit that gives (+5 Protection, Subtle) is within the realm of possibilty. Buying equipment rather than a device saves pp, and in your case, where it's only providing a Protection bonus, there's not too great a difference.

4) Leaping doesn't do much for you, given your Teleport. Still, if you want to keep your Teleportation a secret, or you're concerned about someone Nullifying the Teleportation, 1 pp doesn't make much difference.

5) You have a pretty big weak spot with your low Fortitude save. That may be intentional, but if it's only that low because you lacked the pp to increase it, some of my suggestions above might help you find those points.

The last thing's a question. How exactly does Cheshire's Strike work? You don't have any descriptors on it, and the story wasn't changed to explain that ability.

Thanks, that's some useful advice. I'm gonna think on the stuff you mentioned and make a few changes. As for this,

I went by the book saying Strike could represent pure barehanded striking power, so thats what it is. I'll add a descripton to clarify that in the next revision.

Thanks, that's some useful advice. I'm gonna think on the stuff you mentioned and make a few changes. As for this,

I went by the book saying Strike could represent pure barehanded striking power, so thats what it is. I'll add a descripton to clarify that in the next revision.

Sounds good. One other possibility for the Strike is that part of it comes from her Teleportation ability, somewhat like Blink from Exiles. That could help explain how she developed such a strong attack, since she's hitting harder than a shotgun now. :)
Damn, that is a neat idea. Consider it stolen :)

And now, with all the great advice I've gotten worked in, here is revision 2.

It was all a lie.

Stats:

Saves:

Skills: Acrobatics 14 (+19), Bluff 10 (+15), Climb 10 (+11), Diplomacy 10 (+15), Disable Device 10 (+13), Gather Information 10 (+15), Knowledge: Pop Culture 4 (+7), Knowledge: High Society 4 (+7), Perform: Dance 8 (+13), Notice 12 (+13), Search 10 (+13), Sense Motive 12 (+13), Stealth 10 (+15)

Sounds good. One other possibility for the Strike is that part of it comes from her Teleportation ability, somewhat like Blink from Exiles. That could help explain how she developed such a strong attack, since she's hitting harder than a shotgun now. :)

It was all a lie.

Stats:

Saves:

Skills: Acrobatics 14 (+19), Bluff 10 (+15), Climb 10 (+11), Diplomacy 10 (+15), Disable Device 10 (+13), Gather Information 10 (+15), Knowledge: Pop Culture 4 (+7), Knowledge: High Society 4 (+7), Perform: Dance 8 (+13), Notice 12 (+13), Search 10 (+13), Sense Motive 12 (+13), Stealth 10 (+15)

It was all a lie.

Stats:

Saves: