Friday Outing (IC)

Moira Morley

"Booth!" Grim yelled at the same time as Stesha, eagerly following the green-haired girl's lead; she scooted her butt into the booth, removed her hat, and quickly scanned the mixed drink list.

"How awesome is this? Four sexy ladies about to get wasted!" She suddenly frowned and leaned forward, her voicing dropping low. "Wait, am I the only one who gets affected by booze here? I mean, I'll drink alone if I have to, but it's funner if you have company, y'know?"

She leans back as she tucks the laminated list back behind the soy sauce caddy.

"Also, I can't have eel or any shellfish, but pretty much anything else is a-okay. You all look totally awesome, by the way."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Doesn't affect me. I don't generally eat either." Taylor murmured in response. For all of that statement, she had a menu open and appeared to be perusing it with genuine interest rather than the usual vague dread she generally treated the food-and-socializing thing to. She chocked it up to Moira's presence. It really was always easy to get swept up in Moira's general nature. That was what came of hanging out with the greek goddess of hedonism after all. Whatever it was, everything looked delightfully tasty for once. "But don't let me hold you back."

"[divine]You should,[/divine]" Moira smiled at Taylor as they made their way into the booth, "[divine]I don't need to eat. I do because it's enjoyable. My taste buds would hate me if I didn't.[/divine]" Sitting on the end was not something she was used to. Though she would deal. She had friends, old and new.

The table was still dirty. That could easily be taken care of. Moira had this down to a science. Waving over a stray busboy that was all too happy to answer the call, the table was clean soon after. Like an orchestra conductor, the busboy was waved off again and the waiter was summoned to take their order. She smiled, just as planned.

"Good evening, ladies," the waiter greeted them with a smile, "Welcome to Satori. My name is Kim, I'll be your waiter tonight. That means I'll be serving you four hand and foot. Making sure your time here is a pleasure. We, as you know, have sushi, but let's get you something to drink before that. What'll you have?"

""Welcome to Satori. My name is Kim, I'll be your waiter tonight. That means I'll be serving you four hand and foot. Making sure your time here is a pleasure. We, as you know, have sushi, but let's get you something to drink before that. What'll you have?"

Lynn knew she wasn't quite the heavy hitter Moira was in the charm department, but only an idiot doesn't flirt with a cute waiter. She flashes him a sassy grin and playfully fans herself with the laminated drink menu.

"Hi Kim! I'll have a Raspberry Champagne Cocktail, 'cause that sounds freakin' tasty." She digs into her jeans for her wallet, and flashes her driver's license (the real one). "Anyone else joining me? No pressure or anything."

Taylor blinked at the awfully friendly waiter but assumed that was part of the magic that just surrounded Moira. She slow blinked at Grim's flirtation with him before quietly ordering some juice - sans alchohol. Since booze did nothing for her, she'd never really developed a taste for it. "Also, can we get some edamame and gyoza for appetizers?"

Since everyone else had shrugged off their coats, Taylor followed suit and tossed in over the edge of the booth with the rest of the winter wear before flipping her menu face down. She laced her fingertips together on top of it, fiddling with her rings a touch impatiently, and waited for Stesha to add her order to the list.

"I've got to be back at church by seven tomorrow morning, so I'm gonna stick with Diet Coke," Stesha decided, "and an order of the crab puffs to start with." She chuckled. "Gotta get my sinning in somewhere." Though it would take a great deal of normal alcohol to overcome Stesha's tolerance, she remembered enough about last time to be extra careful these days. She'd had enough embarrassing alcohol-fueled antics around other heroes to last a couple of lifetimes.

The waiter quickly jotted down everything as the girls spoke, remaining quiet and looking them in the eye with a smile while doing so.

As the orders are taken, Moira takes note of everything is ordered. Lynn seemed in a festive mood as opposed to the other two. Maybe they would lighten up when things got going. Seeing as there was no 'special nectar' here, she could relax, knowing nothing could go wrong if Lynn got a bit tipsy. In fact, that was her planned amusement for tonight: seeing how many sheets to the wind Lyn could get. "[divine]I'll have what my friend is having,[/divine]" she said with a mischievous grin to Lynn, "[divine]No reason to not start off with a bang, right?[/divine]"

Kim then looked to Lynn with a slight chuckle as she held out her license. "Thank you, prepared madam." Kim took the license and nodded, "Nice picture, doesn't do the real thing justice though." Kim winked to Lynn handing it back. "And you, my lady," Kim questioned. Moira gladly handed Kim her card. Kim was quiet inspecting the card, and with a happy sigh handed it back. "Your drinks and appetizers will be here in a moment, ladies," Kim said with a slight bow, "I will bring dinner menus if you need them. Or," Kim smiled thankfully to Taylor, "if you've been here before, I know it by heart and can take your orders no questions asked!"

"I will bring dinner menus if you need them. Or," Kim smiled thankfully to Taylor, "if you've been here before, I know it by heart and can take your orders no questions asked!"

Lynn's face crumples a bit. "Uh, I hate to be a pain, Kim, but I kinda try to keep kosher. Can I trust you to order me some awesome stuff with no eel or shellfish?"

She places her hand over her heart and crosses her fingers.

"I swear I will be as sweet as sunshine, and eat whatever you bring me. And also order oodles more drinks."

"Do you have a chirashi dish?" Taylor confirmed before ordering one of those. On the bright side, the sushi place did seem top notch. She added an order of the nigiri too that with a polite smile. Taylor settled back into the booth and glanced around the room while the other women ordered, taking in the place now that she had adjusted too the level of noise and crowd inside.

Stesha consulted the menu again, brushing a stray wisp of green hair back behind her ear. "Hmm, how about a Mona Lisa roll to start with, and see where we go from there," she decided, smiling at the eager waiter before setting aside her menu. It had been a long day of work, with another long day to come, but it was nice to get a chance to unwind a little. "How are things at the bar?" she asked Moira. "They getting used to having you back?"

Kim smiled again at Lynn again after her question, "Oh, of course, all of our dishes have kosher substitutes. My suggestion for you my חנוכה celebrating friend, we have the chef's special. We even have kosher knives so you can rest assured that it is fully to your specifications!" Writing something down, Kim went on to write down what Taylor and Stesha ordered greeting all three of them with eye contact and a smile.

"[divine]Hm, so hard to decide,[/divine]" Moira thought out loud, "[divine]Just bring me one of each of your nigiri.[/divine]"

Kim bowed slightly again, "Your drinks shall be here shortly. If you need me I'll be waiting for your beck and call."

"[divine]Well, I'm not there much anymore,[/divine]" Moira sighed dreamily answering Stesha, "[divine]I've been trying to do the heroic dealie more. I mean they're my family. I'm still there, but not as much as I'd like. So yeah.[/divine]" Pulling her head out of the clouds, she looked to the rest, "[divine]What about the rest of you?[/divine]"

Taylor turned her attention back to the table and grinned as she ran down her own list with dry humor, "Got married, doing school, working as a transcript translator free lance. All of that in between saving life as we know it on a regular basis."

She lifted her shoulders in a shrug, "Still adjusting to sharing an apartment with anyone, though. Jack's so darn quiet, I sometimes forget he's there and then he accidentally startles me into a wall. Grim?"

"Still adjusting to sharing an apartment with anyone, though. Jack's so darn quiet, I sometimes forget he's there and then he accidentally startles me into a wall. Grim?"

Lynn unbuttons her tweed riding jacket and carefully reveals a T-shirt to her tablemates that reads, "IT'S LYNN, DAMN IT, LYNN!" in big block letters, but she still winks cheerfully at the newlywed as she closes the jacket once more.

"Well, Taylor, things are good; work is fun and challenging, and Billy is awesome - wow, it sounds so weird to call him that! I'm thinking of taking ballroom dancing lessons, but I don't know if he'll be up for it; if not, screw 'im, I'll just dance with strange men. He seemed fine with that at the reception, right?"

She grins evilly as she takes a sip of water, then turns to the mistress of green things.

"How's Derrick?"

"Derrick is good," Stesha replied, digging into her purse and setting her cell phone to vibrate. Not that anyone would hear it in this place, but it was only polite. "He's been working a lot lately, but so have I, with the season. It'd be nice to get away for a weekend sometime in January, after all the holiday parties and weddings are all settled. January's such a blah month anyway, especially in the city." She grinned. "Every January I find myself wishing for someplace warm and sunny with drinks served in coconuts. Maybe this year I can actually manage it. No airfare or anything to worry about."

"[divine]Mmm, yeah,[/divine]" Moira thought of the beach setting. Palm trees, hula girls, pineapples, hula girls, surfboards, hula girls... Then she thought of the time she and Stesha were on the beach. That was when she conspired to set Stesha and Derrick up. "[divine]So, how's that bouquet you caught the other day,[/divine]" Moira looked to Stesha with a devious smile, "[divine]You plan on using it anytime soon? I hear June is wedding season![/divine]"

Taylor quirked a brow at the conspiring glance Moira shot in her general direction on her way to pressing Stesha about possible wedding plans.

"Don't look at me. Jack proposed in the middle of an 'oh my God, we're going to die' fight. I know Derrick's going to do something that involves a good deal more forthought and planning than that. Once he figures out that he should. Derrick will probably even ask permission for her hand and all that. I mean, he's more than a bit old fashioned." Taylor said with a smile over at Stesha, "He'll do it up right, after all, that's what he does."

"We haven't really talked about it yet," Stesha admitted, her cheeks coloring a little. "We've only been dating six months, and he hasn't even met my family yet. And with everything that happened at the wedding, we didn't exactly have time for a discussion on the subject that night. But yeah," she agreed with a smile at Taylor, "if and when, he'll probably be really traditional about it. He never really moves fast, but that's okay. In any case, it wouldn't be June," she joked, "it's my busiest month at work. Are you and Ace going out now?" she asked Moira, "or were you at the wedding as friends?"

"[divine]Oh no,[/divine]" Moira chuckled lightly at the thought of being in a steady relationship, "[divine]Me and Ace aren't the relationship type. We just happened to be like-minded. We're just friends. Friends with benefits, if you will.[/divine]" Moira never liked the idea of settling down. It was almost instinctual for her not to. The last guy she tried to go exclusive with got left on Olympus somewhere, the poor guy. Well, it was somewhat deserved, but she couldn't put that much into one person anymore. She loved all people equally.

"[divine]As for you and Derrick,[/divine]" Moira smiled, "[divine]Take all the time you want. I know you guys are made for each other[/divine]." She turned to Taylor, "[divine]And you too! You and Jack will make it![/divine]" Turning to Lynn, "[divine]Though what about you and Mr Cowboy? Details are needed![/divine]"

"[divine]Though what about you and Mr Cowboy? Details are needed![/divine]"

The tiny brunette's cheeks go a little pink, and she starts twisting her napkin into funny animal shapes.

"Well, at first I told him we had to go slow; I mean, I'd just broken up with Wesley, which was a whole thing, plus I've had some...issues in the past. I normally go way too slow for most guys, which, y'know, I'm not trying to be a tease or anything, but I've been hurt in the past. Physically, too, one time; the sick &*#@."

She drops the poor napkin and rubs her face.

"So anyway- ooh, drinks!" She snags her drink, gives Kim a quick wink, and then continues. "So like I was sayin', taking it slow kinda went out the window, especially after the horror show at Ace's place."

She shudders, but then leans in conspiratorally. "Have you guys ever smelled Colt? Like, really smelled him? The guy's like catnip! I have three of his shirts hidden in my room right now!" ;)

Taylor was shaken out of her appalled 'why is he not dead' expression Grim's off hand mention of getting smacked around by the question of 'smelling' Colt. She shook her head with a quick laugh and said wryly, "No, I certainly haven't. Nor, despite the glowing recomendation, do I have any intention of smelling him in the future. I'll take your word for it."

She fiddled with the straw of her drink although she hadn't taken a sip of the juice yet. Her expression was still amused as she tacked on, "I think there's probably some code of conduct about sniffing your friend's significant others that I wouldn't want to cross."

Moira snickered that the thought of Lynn using the cowboy as a catnip ball. She could attest to some people smelling better than others, but she never wanted for someone's clothing. Though she couldn't deny Lynn her pleasure, that would just be unbecoming of her. "[divine]Aw come on Taylor,[/divine]" Moira said cheerily chiding her, "[divine]You can't tell me you've never smelled anyone for the purpose of smelling them.[/divine]"

Moira picked up her drink as it was set in front of her. She beckoned him to her with a come hither finger, then whispered something in his ear out of eyeshot of the other girls. Kim nodded happily and rushed off. Moira raised her glass to the others, "[divine]To us,[/divine]" she said before taking a drink. That was really good. She'd have to order more.

"I think there's probably some code of conduct about sniffing your friend's significant others that I wouldn't want to cross."

Lynn shrugs and has another sip of tasty goodness. "Hey, that's cool with me; for what it's worth, I'll do my best to stay upwind of Jack." ;)

"[divine]To us,[/divine]"

The petite brunette raises her glass as well. "To us, the lovely ladies of Freedom City; long may it wave!" She frowns at her own bizarre toast, but then drinks anyway. Casually wiping her mouth on the back of her hand, she addresses the group.

"So, quick question. Uh, how do I do this in public..." She scrunches up her face in thought. "Uh, as far as 'work' goes, are any of you guys...a 'team player' now? I'm not sure what everyone's situation is like, y'know, work-wise. I, for one, am enjoying my new team..firm..whatever." :?

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor laughed at Lynn's antics with the secret identity and shrugged, "I don't think anyone is evesdropping or anything. They're mostly just staring at Moira."

She shrugged and nodded, "Jack and I have a group we're working with at the moment. Its working out well. We share similar out looks... and problems."

Stesha shook her head and laughed. "Not me. I'm still practicing, but my main, heh, teamwork technique mostly involves hiding when anything bad happens. I think I have a ways to go before I'm going to be too much use for any team situations. But hey, you never know, I guess. Are you and Colt working together these days, then?" she asked Lynn.

Moira took a sip of her drink while stealthily looking around the room. It appeared Taylor was correct.

When Lynn asked about being on a team, Moira did wonder if she would ever get back into the hero business. It had been a long time since the Knights. She heard that they had went their separate ways in an explosive fashion after she left. Apparently it didn't affect friendships though. Keeping quiet she listened to the other girls talk about this. Maybe something would come up that she could try again.