Friday Outing (IC)

Moira Morley

It had been a while since she had an outing. Moira planned to gather up old friends and new. Tonight would be a celebration! Opening up her little black book she wondered who she would call. It'd have to be a small crowd; five, maybe six at the most. Stesha, Taylor, Lynn, Elena, Angel. Angel and Elena didn't pick up, so she left them both a message to call her back. Next up was Taylor. Dialing up the number, she listened to her ringtone, Crossbones new single. The "voodoo rap" group was slowly growing on her. Rocking along to the beat, she waited for Taylor to answer.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor picked up after a few rings and answered, sounding like she'd just woken up from a nap. Her voice was curious over the line as she didn't recognize the number and it clearly wasn't in her list of contacts. Stifling a yawn, she flipped the cell phone open and answered, "This is Taylor."

"Hi Taylor," Moira said gleefully, "I hope I didn't wake you up at a bad time." Kicking back on a chaise lounge, she thought about catching a few Zs later herself. "So, I was wondering, are you busy tonight? I was planning on rounding up a few people. You, Stesha, and a few others and having a night out on the town. You up for it?"

"Uhm, sure," Taylor agreed bemusedly after pausing to sit up and rub her eyes. She glanced down at the book that she'd fallen asleep on and hoped she didn't have ink smudges all over her face. Closing the heavy tomb with a thump, Taylor dropped it on the coffee table and padded around to try and find a clock, "Where and what time?"

"Savvy? Have you been watching Pirates?" Taylor asked distractedly before she forced herself to focus on the question, "I didn't realize I was the top of the list. Yeah, tonight is fine, late enough that I can finish my nap sounds even better. Hey, how about dinner first?"

She added that last as a sudden afterthought, not thinking at all about how unusal a suggestion it was for her. "We should just meet for dinner and go from there."

Moira chuckled at the pirate comment and wondered if Taylor had any psychic powers. About a week ago she and a few friends made a night of it and watched the whole series. A movie would be something they could do after dinner. She would check movie times after the call if they all agreed. "Dinner sounds good. Though let's get the get the others in on it." Lifting her head from the phone, she touched a button and the call went through to Lynn. It had been a while. She hoped she remembered their time together. Lynn was of legal age now. The ringtone chose a Crossbones tune again. Moira hoped Taylor didn't mind the dark but upbeat beat. "We'll call Lynn first, so I can introduce you."

"Lynn?" Taylor questioned, stifling another yawn as she stretched back out on the couch with the phone held to her ear although slightly away so that the music wasn't pounding quite directly in. The song wasn't bad but it wasn't really something she was in the mood for when half awake. Or maybe a quarter awake, "Oh, Grim. I know Grim, we were teammates for a while."

If she'd been less sleep addled, Taylor might have had a moment of trepidation at the idea of Moira and Lynn combining their forces on an outing.

Lynn sighed as she spawled on her bed in the Brownstone, iddly flipping through the December issue of Marie Claire. Once again, the blondes ruled the world as she stared into the dull eyes of Blake Lively; she'd tried to get into Gossip Girl, but it just wasn't working for her, since really she just wanted all the rich girls to fall off a cliff and die.

"I miss Veroncia Mars." :(

But then her phone started to play the Chili Peppers cover of 'Rollercoaster of Love', and she frowned as she dropped the magazine on floor; who had she assigned that ringtone to again?

"Whataminiute..."

The nimble shapeshifter did a somersault off her bed, sprang to her feet and yanked her phone off the charger cord.

"Hi, is this Moira? I didn't think you still had my number, O goddess of many curves."

Moira chuckled, "Yeah, it's nice to hear from you again too." She stretched a bit. The lounge was too comfortable. Sitting the phone on her chest, she clicked the speaker phone button, "I was wondering, if you're not busy would you want to go to dinner with us? Us being Taylor, Stesha, and maybe Elena and Angel if those two call back." She smiled, "Taylor's on the line too if you wanna say something. I'll be calling Stesha after this. So, what say you?"

"Taylor's on the line too if you wanna say something. I'll be calling Stesha after this. So, what say you?"

Lynn tucks the phone into the crook of her shoulder, then summons forth three tennis balls, whcih she procedes to juggle.

"I say that sounds awesome, M! Hi Taylor, cómo estás? How's married life treating you?"

"We need the potted poinsettias every three rows along the aisle, and give that altarpiece some attention too, it started listing sideways in the car. Get some evergreen sprigs from the back if you have to cover something up." Stesha stood in the nave of the church she was decorating, consulting her list and trying to delegate enough chores to get her assistant out of her hair. Lately, her floral arrangements looked best if she could deal with them alone, thanks to her powers. "Downstairs in the fellowship hall..."

She cut herself off as her cell phone buzzed in her pocket, pulling it out to look at it. "We'll do it later," she told Paul, waving him off into the sanctuary while she opened her phone. "Hey Moira, what's up?"

"Stesha," Moira exclaimed, "How's it goin?" Before she could answer the question, Moira went into her pitch, "I was thinking, when's the last time any of us went out and had some fun? So, I've been calling people. Taylor and Lynn are on the line. Waiting to hear back from Angel and Elena. We're gonna meet up for dinner and discuss what to do after that. Are you up for that?"

"Dinner?" Stesha asked, taking a second to wade through all the information. "Um, sure, as long as it's a little later. I'm probably going to be tied up with work until seven or so tonight. If you guys want to go out earlier, I can always catch up with you afterwards." She laughed. "Everybody and their sister wants a just-before-Christmas wedding, seems like. Where are you going?"

"Everybody and their sister wants a just-before-Christmas wedding, seems like. Where are you going?"

Switching to bowling pins, Lynn continues to juggle as she talks.

"Hi Stesha! Lynn here. Uh, I try to keep kosher, which makes me a bit of a fussy eater, but any place that serves fish or vegitarian would be cool with me. Worst case scenario, I can always get soup and salad."

There was a bit more kibitzing back and forth until sushi was settled on, and then a bit of further discussion about which sushi place to go to. Eventually, they settled on a semi-upscale sushi place that was more of a sushi-and-bar establishment. It was a popular Friday night destination but as it was Moira wheedling the reservations, there was no real problem getting in.

Taylor waited outside for the rest of the group, forgetting to look affected by the brisk december weather as she stood outside under the neon sign. There was already a small line forming to the outside which was why she'd decided that the best tactic was to stand and wait for Moira and the others to arrive. She didn't mind the weather after all. The tailored coat over her pleated knee skirt was mostly for appearances sake. Taylor stuffed her hands in her pockets and wondered briefly, and not for the first time, what she was doing out at a nightime hotspot. She imagined she'd be carded. She was always carded.

Thing is, they never carded Moira. Sure it didn't matter now, but it was nominally illegal the things she got away when she was a teenager. It didn't matter at the moment though. Moira decided to go simple with a dark green sweater dress, with a pair of black stockings and flats that matched her dress. The wear didn't matter much either, she didn't get cold, it was all about style. When she arrived she saw Taylor was the only one waiting so far. "[divine]Taylor,[/divine]" she said walking up to the newlywed bride, embracing her. She didn't know if Taylor got cold. If so, this would warm her up. Letting go after a second or so Moira looked at her with a smile, "[divine]Hopefully I didn't keep you waiting.[/divine]"

Looking as addled as she felt, Taylor stepped back when she was released from the hug. Oh, that was how she got talked into these things. Moira, right. Blinking to clear the lingering fog, she shook her head firmly, "No, its not a big deal. With my travel speed, I'm usually the first one here. It's really not a big deal."

Reaching up, she tucked her long hair back behind one ear and asked, perhaps a little desperately, "Stesha and Lynn should both be here any minute."

Just as Taylor spoke, Stesha walked around the side of the restaurant from the alley. She'd had to stop a half-block away at the nearest isolated tree and walk the rest of the way, as most of the dandelions and flowerboxes she counted on were not available this time of year. And it was freezing! Huddled into a puffy blue jacket with a matching knit hat. scarf, and mittens, she hurried up to the others. "Hey guys," she said, her voice a little muffled, "hope I'm not late. I had a terrible argument with a gang of very aggressive hyacinth, but I won. Can we go in yet?"

Taylor glanced at Stesha's bundled look before glancing down at her ensamble. There-in lay the problem with asking the vampire if she'd dressed appropriately for the weather outside. Jack had given her a sweeping glance that seemed to linger on her legs before pronouncing the coat sufficient. Next time she'd glance out the window to see for herself how bundled people were. Rolling her eyes at herself, Taylor stepped between Stesha and the wind to provide some shelter. No doubt Moira would make with the hugging again as well.

"I can wait out here for Lynn if you two want to go in and get a table," Taylor offered offhandedly. "I'm sure she'll be along shortly."

"I can wait out here for Lynn if you two want to go in and get a table," Taylor offered offhandedly. "I'm sure she'll be along shortly."

"I'm-a comin', I'm-a comin'!"

Trotting up to the group on stylish Italian boots, Lynn was doing a fairly good job of acting cold, or at least dressing the part; her black wool peacoat and the knit Alpaca hat tied under her chin looked nice and warm. She pulled her hands out of her pockets and made a show of blowing on them; she even remembered to hop from foot to foot, just like she used to back in high school.

"Hi guys! Oh God, I hate winter! C'mon, let's get inside before poor Taylor freezes to death!" ;)

Taylor rolled her eyes and gave a very unconvincing shiver. It was downright sarcastic but she headed in through the doors first. Moira was overkill to get by even a Freedom City bouncer. Taylor was of course carded on her way through the doors but that part at least she'd been prepared for. Tucking her wallet back in her pocket, where it promptly vanished back into the Void, she stopped shortly inside. It was a lot noiser than she'd thought a sushi place would be. Of course, when Moira had enthusiastically suggested sushi, Taylor had something a little different in mind. Maybe some nice hole in the wall place. Something with lots of quiet background noise.

Not something in the hip-twenty-something nightspot range. Taylor hadn't even noticed places like this existed. Raising her voice to be heard over the crowd, Taylor asked, "Booth or bar?"

"Booth!" Stesha called back, angling her way through the crowd. "Might be a little quieter away from the bar, and we can talk!" Stesha was a veteran of nights out with friends in places like this, and managed to catch a booth in back that hadn't yet been bused. Tugging off her coat, she slid into the booth and waved everyone else in as well. It would be a bit of a squeeze, but they were all friends here, right?