White Wedding [OOC]

alderwitch

Okay, Atlas is going to Interpose for Grim, and spend one of his Hero points to use Ultimate Toughness and get a 36, so he saves against the damage. 3 Hero Points remaining.

Then Atlas will use All Out Attack 5, going for a melee attack on the Golem.

Melee Attack roll vs Iron Golem, All Out Attack 5 (1d20+11=19) I'm going to assume that hits. It faces Atlas' base save of DC 31 Toughness.

I will then use Improved Grab to start a grapple with the Golem with the intent of breaking its hold on Moira. Grapple check vs Golem (1d20+43=63) Natural 20! Okay, so Divine is free of the grapple.

-------------------------------------------------

Now, onto the gray area that is the grapple rules. If, after breaking the hold, Atlas and the Golem are considered to be grappling, it looks like Atlas can use the Throw action as a Move Action to finish out his turn. If so, then Atlas would like to return the Golem to sender :twisted:

Thrown Golem Attack vs Arcanix (1d20+8=25)

If not, then Atlas doesn't really have much to do with his remaining move action.

Also, Atlas will again use Interpose on the first attack targeted against an adjacent ally, though I've got a feeling there may be a few more targeted at Atlas this round ;)

IC will be up in a minute

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Golem hits Divine That's a DC 37 Tou save, Moira. It's also for lethal. (Don't worry, I'm not going to kill anyone who won't get better. ;) )
Are you sure it's 37? That's +22 damage :o and with +11 to hit that either means PL16.5 or maybe it Autofired (or Power Attacked/All Out Attacked) for 5 (PL14) or 10 (PL11.5). This guy is scary either way you put it :P

Toughness Save (1d20+17=26)

Fails by 10 or more: Staggered + Disabled + Stunned

I'll spend an HP to negate the Disabled.

Toughness Save 2: Electric Boogaloo! (1d20+17=28)

Fails: Injured + Bruised

Do you mean to negate the stun? Or do you mean useing an HP to take a strenuous action without slipping to dying?

You can take a full round action (which would take 2 rounds as you are staggered) to get a recovery check VS. the disabled by spending an HP as well if thats what you are trying to do. I'm pretty sure that trying to heal up isn't counted as strenuous action.

And Yea from the stats I've seen they look to be PL 14s and have been making all out attacks and power attacks. Given that there are 3 (4 if you count the bat swarm that have yet to ruin anyones day) and like 6 heroes mostly between PL12 and 14 PL 14, PL 14 isn't that beyond the pale to make it a challenging fight.

I just realized I completely forgot to roll for Hellion's init. Apologies.

Init (1d20+2=18)

Typical ;)

To make it easier, I'll just say it's a 15 so we can keep the order going? After Atlas and Fleur? If anyone isn't ok with this, please let me know.

Patchwork Girl: 29

Arrowhawk: 25

Scarab: 25

Grim: 19

Moira: 19

Phantom: 17

Colt: 16

Ace: 16

Arcanix: 16

Iron Golem: 16

Atlas: 15

Fleur: 15

Hellion: 15

Avenger: 14

Dark Star: 12

Doc Archevielle: 4

ok, using the free HP to surge. Teleporting to up/behind the guy (maybe even get lucky enough to hit) and what him with the sword...

attack (1d20+10=14)

Not with that roll...

using one of my HPs (2 left now) to reroll

reroll (1d20+10=19) +10 = a 29 to hit...

With this power:

AP: Strike 12 (Extras: Penetrating x3; PFs: Accurate x3, Affects Insubstantial 2) [20PP] link with Drain Toughness 8 (Extra: Affects Objects) [16PP] (The Black Blade) [infernal] [36PP]

The Golem and Patchwork Girl are both strong enough that they don't need to make a save; Dark Star's Gravity Control is below their heavy load. Arcanix is weak enough that he cannot possibly pass Dark Star's save. What the heck, he's been the Butt Monkey of the fight so far, no reason why these trends can't continue. :D

Dr. Archeville is up; we'll give him a little bit before we start a new round.

I know what I would like to do: use his knowledge of anatomy/surgery to attack key stitches on the flesh golem with the laser setting of his Electromagnetic Screwdriver. Effect? I'd think either Drain Dex, or Paralyze (or maybe just Paralze/Slow), or maybe even Drain Toughness (as her skin starts becoming loose).

I'm also unsure if that's something that should just be bought via the pps in his Gadget, or as an AP of his Pseudonatural Brain.

Groovy 8-)

... frack! Stunting it off his Pseudonatural Brain & using it this round would be impossible, since it would require two uses of Extra Effort, but you can only use EE 1/round. (One for the power stunt, and one to surge so he can use it, since anything stunted off his Pseudonatural Brain would take a full round to switch.)

Right, pure Gadgets it is.

Standard action to switch Gadgets:

Amped Up Surgical Laser (and Applied Anatomical Knowledge): Drain Toughness 7 (Extras: Affects Objects, Range/Ranged; Flaws: Action/Full Round, Objects Only; Drawback: Reduced Range 2/2 increments)

Extra Effort to surge (and an HP to nix the fatigue), and a full round to attack.

22 hits? If so, DC 17 Ref save vs. the Toughness Drain.

Patchwork Girl passes the Reflex save that she gets as a Construct to avoid that attack.

On her turn, she attacks Ace: the first blow targets Ace's bulletproof vest, passing through the object and rendering it useless. (As that's the problem with equipment.) DC 26 Tou save vs lethal. (Since I'm happy to say that going through the vest first at least cuts down on the damage.)

She surges (have another HP, durf; perhaps you'll want to use this one on Toughness as well.) DC 34 vs. lethal, this one with just your base Tou.