The Velvet Glove [IC]

alderwitch

"You can take the credit for finding us. I don't mind," Alex announced affabally. She beamed at him, "And don't be silly. I just think of things quicker. Being smart is the last thing all of you need me for. If anything, I hinder everyone in that department by providing answers more often than I probably really should. No, you need me for my stunning fashion sense."

Her gamine grin showed that she knew full well her friends had early wondered if she was simply color blind. With a little skip, Alex kicked off the ground into floating, ankles crossed. She hovered at about eye-height with him and rested her hands on his shoulders. "I'm glad you're smiling more now than when I first found you. I should get some sleep, but don't hesitate to come find one of us if you get glum again. Friends are great and you need to take more advantage of us."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He chuckled. "Yeah, that must be it." He didn't go into how her fashion sense could likely blind some people for life. It worekd for her, in a bizarre kind of way. "Thanks Alex. It's been nice. But I'll try and limit my 'taking advantage of' and all. Still, it was good talking to you and I'll work on it. Now go get some rest and I'll see you around tomorrow." He resisted the urge to ruffle her hair with a smile. She was like a kid sister he'd never had. Sort of.

She laughed and ducked her head good naturedly under his hand. Alex haphazardly brushed a hand through her red curls to straighten them, "I'm off then, and I'm taking all my good advice with me."

She laughed and with the beaming smile that flight always put on her face, launched herself skyward, leaving a glittering, zigzagging energy trail behind her.