House Call

cosmicarus

The man's eyes shift to Satori's foot and anchor there - his whole body slouches with despair. The weapon wielding hand becomes limp. When he hears the name 'Adam Kirk', he looks back at Satori's face with a face. "Mr. Kirk isn't here. He's away tonight - studio ball thing - for Christmas." The last word is said almost contemptuously. His eyes fall once again to the downed ladies, and his breakdown is almost complete, "Please get off her..." he trails off, the silence broken only but his sobs.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You will tell me where this 'studio ball thing' is. You will provide me with Mr. Kirk's cell phone #. You will, for that matter, volunteer any other information you think might interest me."

"Should you /not/... well, if you truly are /that/ stupid, then I should be talking to someone else anyway."

"You will tell me where this 'studio ball thing' is. You will provide me with Mr. Kirk's cell phone #. You will, for that matter, volunteer any other information you think might interest me."

"Should you /not/... well, if you truly are /that/ stupid, then I should be talking to someone else anyway."

The man continues to look incredibly scared and blathers while he talks, "We... we don't have his cell phone number - we don't interact with him directly. He's only here a few months a year. We just look after the place; go through his people we need to do major repairs." Each sentence comes out in rapid bursts as he makes his way from start to finish as quickly as possible - perhaps afraid he won't have time to reach the end. The knife is still in the man's hand and pointed toward Satori, but his arm hangs pretty much by his side. Despite his fear, he hesitates before continuing, "Mr. Kirk, his ball... he's at Watergardens Hall in Hanover - big party there."

The man continues to look incredibly scared and blathers while he talks, "We... we don't have his cell phone number - we don't interact with him directly. He's only here a few months a year. We just look after the place; go through his people we need to do major repairs." Each sentence comes out in rapid bursts as he makes his way from start to finish as quickly as possible - perhaps afraid he won't have time to reach the end. The knife is still in the man's hand and pointed toward Satori, but his arm hangs pretty much by his side. Despite his fear, he hesitates before continuing, "Mr. Kirk, his ball... he's at Watergardens Hall in Hanover - big party there."

"You 'don't interact with him directly'? You say this to me while his clothes are laid out in the master bedroom upstairs?"

Satori's eyes narrow... and then his hands blur, and an arrow drives directly through the man's right knee.

Nocking another arrow on his bow, Satori continues coldly, "You are now a man who will need a leg brace for the rest of his life. You will be permanently impaired. Yet still able to perform whatever menial tasks you perform... merely with more difficulty."

The man stares fixedly at the point of the arrow as it raises and steadies on its target.

"The /next/ lie makes you a man who will need a /wheelchair/. And the next lie after that, a corpse."

"You 'don't interact with him directly'? You say this to me while his clothes are laid out in the master bedroom upstairs?"

Satori's eyes narrow... and then his hands blur, and an arrow drives directly through the man's right knee.

Nocking another arrow on his bow, Satori continues coldly, "You are now a man who will need a leg brace for the rest of his life. You will be permanently impaired. Yet still able to perform whatever menial tasks you perform... merely with more difficulty."

The man stares fixedly at the point of the arrow as it raises and steadies on its target.

"The /next/ lie makes you a man who will need a /wheelchair/. And the next lie after that, a corpse."

The man howls with pain - tears stream from down his cheeks. He holds his leg vainly and topples over to the ground. Blood pours freely from the wound. He screams between hards sobs, "I don't live here... I just... work... I don't know... we... were... playing cards..." His breathing is laboured - he's an old man and he suddenly looks very weak - very pale. "Oh Lord...." he rolls over, hands still over his wound, but they grow weaker by the second.

The man howls with pain - tears stream from down his cheeks. He holds his leg vainly and topples over to the ground. Blood pours freely from the wound. He screams between hards sobs, "I don't live here... I just... work... I don't know... we... were... playing cards..." His breathing is laboured - he's an old man and he suddenly looks very weak - very pale. "Oh Lord...." he rolls over, hands still over his wound, but they grow weaker by the second.

All of this noise doesn't go unnoticed. Heavy didn't think that Satori would scream like that. No, somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that if there were screams, then Satori was the cause.

He isn't able to move quickly towards the noise. Even though the dark is no impediment, the sounds of the dying man aren't easy to pinpoint. When he does come upon Satori, though, he stands stunned in the doorway. That is only for a moment, however, before he readies himself to stop Satori before he kills again.

All of this noise doesn't go unnoticed. Heavy didn't think that Satori would scream like that. No, somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that if there were screams, then Satori was the cause.

He isn't able to move quickly towards the noise. Even though the dark is no impediment, the sounds of the dying man aren't easy to pinpoint. When he does come upon Satori, though, he stands stunned in the doorway. That is only for a moment, however, before he readies himself to stop Satori before he kills again.

Before him, Heavy sees the results of what has transpired while he wandered the hall - a middle aged woman lies contorted on the floor, her face being hidden behind an ornate couch. In the next room, clearly the kitchen, Satori stands over a young woman who sits in her chair only by the intervention of Heavy's partner. Next to them lays an older looking man. He's faced away from Heavy, but he's easily visible through the double doors - as is the pool of blood he lays in. The woman on the chair doesn't seem to be waking up, despite Satori's efforts.

Before him, Heavy sees the results of what has transpired while he wandered the hall - a middle aged woman lies contorted on the floor, her face being hidden behind an ornate couch. In the next room, clearly the kitchen, Satori stands over a young woman who sits in her chair only by the intervention of Heavy's partner. Next to them lays an older looking man. He's faced away from Heavy, but he's easily visible through the double doors - as is the pool of blood he lays in. The woman on the chair doesn't seem to be waking up, despite Satori's efforts.

His trained awareness sensing Heavy's approach, Satori whirls around and readies himself for battle.

Hrm. My erstwhile associate enters stage left, visibly prepared to fight me regarding my recent actions. Regrettable. Now I am going to have to find my /own/ transportation to Watergardens Hall. My lapse in partnering myself with such a squeamish individual.

Still, he /did/ provide the computer connection and transport here. So I did not /entirely/ waste my time. Perhaps I will still send him a token something after I collect the payment.

These thoughts flit across Satori's mind as he vaults the table, dives headfirst through the kitchen window, and then smoothly turns and fires back through the window at the ruptured gas line coming from the ceiling...

Use your surroundings. Do not let them use you.

The armored figure lashes out with one of his gravity beams, knocking aside the first arrow before it can ignite the gas, but Satori's hands blur with effort beyond effort as he manages to fire just one... more... arrow...

And so.

And with a roar of thunder, the ruptured gas line exploded.

His trained awareness sensing Heavy's approach, Satori whirls around and readies himself for battle.

Hrm. My erstwhile associate enters stage left, visibly prepared to fight me regarding my recent actions. Regrettable. Now I am going to have to find my /own/ transportation to Watergardens Hall. My lapse in partnering myself with such a squeamish individual.

Still, he /did/ provide the computer connection and transport here. So I did not /entirely/ waste my time. Perhaps I will still send him a token something after I collect the payment.

These thoughts flit across Satori's mind as he vaults the table, dives headfirst through the kitchen window, and then smoothly turns and fires back through the window at the ruptured gas line coming from the ceiling...

The armored figure lashes out with one of his gravity beams, knocking aside the first arrow before it can ignite the gas, but Satori's hands blur with effort beyond effort as he manages to fire just one... more... arrow...

And so.

And so.