By All your Powers Combined (IC)

Finding the spot wasn't really tough, the forest seemed to guide them to Tempest's location. Tempest had contacted the heroes the previous day because he was having a difficulty of some kind, but didn't really elaborate on it when it contacted them. He simply told them to meet him in the State Forest, and he would explain the rest there. Without much effort the heroes made their way their own separate ways to where Tempest had more or less made his home. The trees and ground looked almost "lived in". There seemed to be a presence about the area, and the source was sitting in the middle of the "clearing".

Although Tempest had little anatomy that people could readily recognize, even the untrained observer that Tempest looked sick. He wasn't changing elements as fast as normal, he seemed sluggish and groggy. He also seemed to almost have an ashen complexion. Whatever was happening, it didn't seem to be doing Tempest any favors.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colt's motorcycle motored along the path through the forest. His coat blew in the wind behind him, and his goggles kept his eyes clear of the debris his motorcycle was kicking up. Eventually, the path grew too thin and treacherous for vehicles, and Colt had to continue on on foot.

Pushing his way through some of the denser trees, Colt finally came upon a clearing, and his friend. Though seeing Tempest in a weakened state was not something colt enjoyed.

The cowboy strolled into the clearing. Standing near his friend, Colt simply observed the seeming affliction. Finally, he looked about and fixed his eyes on what should be Tempest's face. "Well, I'll be...That's another expression, mind ya... At the risk'a point'n out the obvious, y'all don't look too good. Guess this's why ya asked me here?"

"Hello, Colt human. Indeed it is." Tempest seemed... out of breath? Tempest stood up stiffly to greet Colt, if he had bones, they would surely be creaking right now. "My condition is not contagious, don't be alarmed. I shall explain it in detail when the others arrive. I wish to avoid repeating myself and I xpect the othe hero humans to have a number of questions in regards my explanation."

"Reckon that's fine then." Colt answered, not really expecting an explanation anyway. More and more he was finding out that most people in this town never offered one, unless it was the last thing you wanted to hear.

"Who all else's comin'?" Colt asked, hoping to at least make some headway, "Anithin' I c'n getcha while we're waitin'?"

"Quite the ecclectic group. I believe Geckoman human and Fulcrum human are also joining us today. Others are possible, but unlikely due to my inability to contact many of them effectively. I require nothing immediately for now Colt human, though your offer is generous. However, as the host I have provided some meager refreshments if you are so inclined." Tempest motioned to the "chairs" that were set up along with a collection of berries and what appeared to be honey around a center "table".

"Well, thank ye kindly." Colt strode over to the table and chairs. Without taking a seat, he plucked a berry off the pile and tossed it into the air, catching it in his mouth.

"Ya know? I don't care what anyone else's sayin'. I reckon yer gettin' the hang'a this whole..." Colt circled his hand in the air, searching for the right word, "Society thing."

The Pitchoo spiralled and looped as it headed towards the forest. "WHY! ARE! YOU! ON! FIRE!" shouted Geckoman as smoke belched from the dashboard, punctuating each word with a bash of a hammer. "Who knew demonic brimstone would mess up your engine so badly? WHO KNEW!?"

Then the engine cut out and he started plummetting towards the ground. "DAMN! CRAP! WHHHHHHHHY?" The ship crashed through several branches before the engine finally exploded into life, leaving the Pitchoo hovering inches from the ground and one of the seats near the back on fire. After several minutes of muffled swearing, Geckoman staggered out the side hatch coughing and spluttering. "Sorry I'm late, with all this Christmas stuff going on I can't afford to get my engine cleaned. Nor are there really many people who'd know where to start..."

"It is no problem Geckoman human. I am merely glad you could arrive at all. Though in the future, I would advise you to attempt to avoid the trees. Please, have a seat." For the time being, Tempest seemed completely oblivious to Geckoman's rather eccentric nature. Though the particular form of landing was unique, Tempest did not know enough about the Pitchoo to know that wasn't the way it was supposed to land.

Colt simply stared starkly at the Pitchoo. A seemingly space ship coming to a crash landing mere feet from the back of his chair was just another strange happening in a strange world even he was trying to get used to. He counted Tempest as lucky. Maybe ignorance was bliss after all.

As soon as he recovered the ability to speak, he also stood and addressed Geckoman, "Geckoman, eh? Reckon I seen you somewhere before. Name's Colt." He extended his hand to shake.

Hot on the heels of the Pitchoo came another flying figure. The white caped giantess descended slowly through the ready made opening in the trees. Landing in Tempest's clearing, she took in the scene before her, "Hi, everyone. Sorry I'm late."

Her eyes lingered on the Pitchoo long enough to inquire, "Is something on fire?" as she pointed into the recently exited hatch. Looked as if she didn't know what to make of the ship either. She shrugged to Colt.

Clearing her throat, she turned her attention to Tempest. If Geckoman and his ship were an unknown factor, then Tempest was something completely alien. Still she recognized the urgency of the situation by his appearance alone. After Colt introduced himself to Geckoman, Fulcrum offered a hand to Tempest, "Pleasure to meet you. I'm Fulcrum. I suppose you already know that." She smiled, but still looked a little uncertain.

"Greetings Fulcrum human." said Tempest shaking her hand, his grip noticeably weak. "I believe all are gathered that are attending, so I shall now proceed to explain the reason you are here, and the reason for my current state of being. If you would please make yourselves comfortable..." Tempest motioned to the various chairs laid out. He waited until everyone was settled before continuing. "As many of you have likely surmised, I am not human. As such, I was not born, but rather created. The process by which this was done is impossible to explain to humans as it requires intimate understanding of 3 different senses humans do not have. As a side effect of this process, I must enter a state of being that you humans have likened to "Nirvana" or "Enlightenment" on a regular basis. Should I fail to do this, my connection to this realm of existance would be severed and I would no longer be Created. At this point, I believe it would common place for me to say "just roll with it"

Tempest paused for a moment to let all of the information sink in and for the assembled heroes to ask any questions.

Tempest looked first to Colt. "Dying is the closest word you humans employ to convey the condition I have." Tempest then looked to Geckoman. "If I have properly interpreted your rather unique sayings Geckoman human, then yes. I estimate that I have what you humans refer to as a week before the link is fully severed. And I believe that the three of you can help me reestablish this link. I can sense a unique... connection is not the proper word, but it is the closest you humans have to the real one... to the sort of energy I need to harness. For that reason I believe that the three of you can help me mend this tear in the realms."

"Hmm...," Fulcrum gazed uncertainly at Colt and Geckoman and back to Tempest, "Not to be a downer, but I'm not sure how much I can really help, 'connection' or not. Sounds like you need a scientist or mystic, and I don't qualify in either department."

Popping a berry into her mouth, she added facetiously, "If you wanted a portrait or something smashed, I'm your gal."

"That's true...," she stopped in mid sentence. Realization dawned on her face that she didn't actually know the cowboy or the green guy. They looked so familiar though. She had heard something about a space cowboy. The Invasion! That's right! No one really had time for fresh introductions that long day. The whole thing must have really messed with her head.

Shaking the cobwebs out of the old cranium, she turned to Tempest, "As will I. You have my word."

As for the others, she addressed them together, "My name is Fulcrum. It's a pleasure to meet you both," and offered a slightly over-sized handshake to each.

Something though still bothered her. Externally the only indication was a wrinkling of the brow, like she had a headache. Inside her head she finally noticed the low, locust buzz wasn't background noise. When she focused on it, the drone wasn't rhythmic, but rolled like bubbles from boiling water. Of course that was a bad idea, as everything blurred from strength of the source.

"Connection?" said Geckomam, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, you keep referring to me as Geckoman human, which is true despite the redundancy of it. I'm pretty much human, albeit apparently with reeeeeeeeally odd DNA. Mystic stuff isn't my area of expertise at all. Hell, I can't even draw a pentagram without it being off-center."

"Humans, do not doubt yourselves, but rather believe in me who believes in you. You may not know the ways of the "mystic" forces at work here, but they are a part of you. The forces at work here, or rather that were at work are the most basic forces in the universe. They are not arts to be learned, but rather instinct that is to be honed. Trust me when I say that you can do this humans. If you are willing, I ask that you accompany me to a place that is suffering from an affliction similar to my own, and I fear that it may be just the first. There we may hopefully learn more about the root of the problem. What do you say humans?"

Fulcrum shrugged and turned to Tempest, leaving her proffered hand extended, "I'll do my best. Before we go though, I think I'm getting an idea of your problem." She looked up in thought, "I can sense...energy...flowing around me. I wouldn't call it mystical, but it seems really primal, like universal or cosmic. The stars twinkle with it at night."

Rubbing her temple, she continued through a grimace, "To make a long story short, you're venting or leaking that energy. Like a cracked dam. A lot."

"My only question is what're we waitin' fer?" Colt asked, to the point as always.

Rubbing her temple, she continued through a grimace, "To make a long story short, you're venting or leaking that energy. Like a cracked dam. A lot."

Colt scratched his head, puzzled, "Well, I reckon we should find us some sort'a stopper an' get that fixed up then."