Fisticuffs Fundraiser! (OOC)

Geez3r

Ah, good point! Guess a roll is in order, then.

Acrobatics Check vs. DC 31. (1d20+15=20)

Uh, no. Gonna blow that HP from Jack's earlier antics to reroll.

Acrobatics reroll (1d20.minroll(11)+15=33)

Now that's more like it! Sorry, Heritage, Jack lives to annoy another round!

Edit: Alright for Jack's turn, he'll start with a DC 31 Distract, then try another Stealth check, rolling for it this time: Stealth check. (1d20+15=33) ...woah. 18's my lucky number, apparently. Oh, and Defensive Stance, natch.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack's taunts appear to be working on Invisible Castle as well! :D

Jack's not just obnoxious, he's meta-obnoxious, radiating annoyance particles into other planes of existence!

So, using his mad ninja skills (which only work in a crowded location provided the target has voluntarily blindfolded his or herself), Jack will make a surprise attack with full Power Attack trade-off: Unarmed attack, Power Attack 5 (1d20+6=17) So that's DC 22.

Now, that clearly gives his position away, but Jack will use extra effort to make a second attack anyway, this time using a full Defensive Attack because, seriously, if Grim gets her hands on him at this point, she is going to mess him up. Unarmed attack, Defensive Attack 5 (1d20+6=23) DC 17, for the sake of argument, and it puts his Defense at 31.

For a move action, I'll go for the dream and try for a Taunt with the -5 penalty for speeding it up. Move action taunt (1d20+16=18) Ha, well, that was bound to happen sooner or later. I'll use my remaining HP to get rid of the effects from using extra effort.

Aw, boo. Well, fine, I guess that makes the second attack roll effectively an 18. Fail. Hey, Heritge, any chance you could flub your Toughness check, use your final HP to reroll, flub it again and get stunned so that the second attack hits? Maybe? No?

I actually think I'm out of HP; she blew two, that's all I thought I had.

Ok, the first one is a definite hit. Flatfooted Toughness check: 1d20+4=9 That would be a miss by 13, stunned and staggered. I really can't afford that right now, so let's blow Grim's final HP on a reroll.

Reroll on FF Toughness save: 1d20+4=21. Grim has been bruised!

Okay, now she's gonna surge (!) and do an Acrobatic Bluff, DC 33. After that she is gonna Power Attack +3 and hopefully make some kinda contact.

Swing at Jack (including PA adjustment): 1d20+7=13 Augh! Next round she's fatigued! :wallbang:

Alright, I guess I should roll against the Acrobatic Bluff anyway: Acrobatics Check vs. DC33 (1d20+15=32) Since he already beat an Acrobatic Bluff earlier, I'm pretty sure he gets a +1 bonus, which matches the DC, but seeing as even flat-footed Jack can avoid a 13, I guess it's a moot point anyway.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm spending that HP to shake off the fatigue from last round's surge. I'll go for +3/-3 Defensive Attack: Unarmed attack, Defensive Attack 3 (1d20+8=24) That's DC 17, and Defense 29. Next Jack will try a move action Feint, I guess: Move action Feint (1d20+16=33) Uh. Wow. That's... that's pretty good. Guys, I think Invisible Castle might be hitting on me.

Grim's lucky streak continues with another stellar roll!

Bluff to resist Feint: 1d20+18=20

"I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects. Do you like Beethoven?"

Toughness save: 1d20+3=18 - huzzah, she is uneffected!

Okay, doing the move action Acrobatic Bluff feint; based on Skill mastery (I can't trust IC), that's a DC 28 on Jack's Acrobatics roll. Then she's just gonna try for a normal swing at -1 due to bruising.

Swing at Jack: 1d20+9=14. Ya see what I mean about not trusting IC? Jeez Louise!

Can we get a ruling on the cumulative +1 bonus against Feint? So far Grim has used a regular Bluff Feint here and the Acrobatic Bluff version here and here. Jack beat the first two for sure, and beat the third assuming he got at least a +1 bonus.

The current Feint is the forth overall and the third Acrobatic Buff. Does Jack get +3, +2 or no bonus at all? Again, it doesn't make a lot of difference this time, since Jack can avoid that 14 flat-footed, but it'd be good to know for future reference.

In the mean time... Surprise Power Attack: Unarmed attack, Defensive Attack 5 (1d20+6=7) Drat. Well, that was bound to happen sooner or later. Let's try a move action Taunt: Move action taunt (1d20+16=18) Wurg...

Can we get a ruling on the cumulative +1 bonus against Feint? So far Grim has used a regular Bluff Feint here and the Acrobatic Bluff version here and here. Jack beat the first two for sure, and beat the third assuming he got at least a +1 bonus.

The current Feint is the forth overall and the third Acrobatic Buff. Does Jack get +3, +2 or no bonus at all? Again, it doesn't make a lot of difference this time, since Jack can avoid that 14 flat-footed, but it'd be good to know for future reference.

I believe I was told in chat that they're all cumulative for both normal and acrobatic Feints; it's just hard to keep track of all the adjustments :P

And on that note, what is Jack's current Defense? BTW, I actually don't think we were doing feint right earlier in the fight, or at least I don't think I was. Is the normal idea that you woud do a Feint one round, then recieve the benefits the next? Earlier I think I was having Grim feint then attack all in the same round, without any -5 until it was brought up in the chat.

This combat has literally hurt my brain :D

As a side note, I just want to explain some of my roleplaying here. Yes, Jack's taunts really got under her skin, but for the record I've been trying to roleplay through the worst set of rolls I have ever seen in any combat. Having Grim get frustrated and emotional is really the only in-charcter way I can explain her horrendous performance this fight.

In short, Jack will be quickly forgiven (not that he's really guilty of anything); Invisible Castle, not so much :P

And on that note, what is Jack's current Defense? BTW, I actually don't think we were doing feint right earlier in the fight, or at least I don't think I was. Is the normal idea that you woud do a Feint one round, then recieve the benefits the next? Earlier I think I was having Grim feint then attack all in the same round, without any -5 until it was brought up in the chat.

This combat has literally hurt my brain :D

Jack's Defense right now is just his regular 26. And yeah, since Feinting is a standard action, a lot of the time you'd have to wait until the next turn to attack. That's part of why Jack spent so much of the early fight jumping around instead of attacking; normally he'd take the penalty and use it as a move action, but Grim's Bluff is too high for that to work most of the time. I wouldn't worry about it; if the bonus works the way we think it does, he's managed to beat all of Grim's various Feints so far anyway; if not, he's avoided the hypothetical surprise attacks, too. We could retroactively factor in the -5 penalty, and it wouldn't actually change anything.

Jack will be quickly forgiven (not that he's really guilty of anything); Invisible Castle, not so much :P

Good to know! Jack'd probably be feeling a little guilty regardless. You'll notice when he was sparing with Blink in the Underground, he scored based on touches alone; the whole "bludgeon the petite woman with your fists" thing feels kinda skeevy to him. When he said he liked to hit on girls, this isn't what he meant, *rimshot*, hurr hurr.

Jack's Defense right now is just his regular 26. And yeah, since Feinting is a standard action, a lot of the time you'd have to wait until the next turn to attack. That's part of why Jack spent so much of the early fight jumping around instead of attacking; normally he'd take the penalty and use it as a move action, but Grim's Bluff is too high for that to work most of the time. I wouldn't worry about it; if the bonus works the way we think it does, he's managed to beat all of Grim's various Feints so far anyway; if not, he's avoided the hypothetical surprise attacks, too. We could retroactively factor in the -5 penalty, and it wouldn't actually change anything.

Okay, here's what's gonna happen now. Both competitors clearly want the fight to end; Grim is going to surge so she can feint as a standard action, which will push her to Exhausted. She will either hit Jack or be close to passing out, and either way, we are closer to the end of the match.

So, full DC 33 on the Acrobatic Feint, with Jack getting the cumulative bonus for all the other feints. Grim is going to adopt the Aggressive Stance, which I'm told gives her +2 on attack, -4 on Defense. Again, if she doesn't hit Jack this round, she's closer to being dropped by Jack the next, and fight is that much closer to a conclussion. As I understand it, Grim will feel the effects of Exhaustion next round, so this round the +2 and -2 cancel each other out, yielding her normal +10 to hit

Grim's swing at Jack: 1d20+10=17 if the feint works, I believe that finally hits Jack. DC is 17.

When he said he liked to hit on girls, this isn't what he meant, *rimshot*, hurr hurr.

That's so funny I forgot to laugh! :P