Beyond the Veil (IC)

Oliver butted James' fingers with his head appreciatively, still purring, but seemed content to let Mark hold him for the moment. "Sounds good to me," Erin agreed. "Might as well get out of here before one of the seniors finds us and tosses us out anyway." She started replacing the chairs that had been pushed aside for the ritual, setting the room back to rights. "What about it, Mark, you hungry?"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You bet!" said Mark jovially. "James knows some really awesome places," he confided to Erin. "When I broke up with Alex, he took me down to Miami and we..." He thought about those memories for a moment and decided not to share all of them with Erin. "We had a really nice time. I don't suppose you can take us down to Miami Beach again, can you?" he asked James with a snicker.

James smiled wryly. "Sure, if you wanted. It's about 4 'ports or so, assuming the YF 'porter won't get us there. Either way, we could be there in 10, 20 seconds I suppose. I've got an apartment down there for crashing if needed. A little on the small side, but plenty to store things at and stay for a couple days. We'd have to do another shopping run for clothes and such. I've got no idea what's there from the last time I went."

Erin raised an eyebrow. "Sounds like fun, but I've got way too much homework. I'll let you guys take care of the partying, if there's partying to be done. And you should probably leave the cat. I'm not sure he'd like Miami very well, and he really doesn't like being cooped up in small places." Oliver yawned agreement at that, arching his back and jumping down from Mark's arms to give himself a quick bath. "Just don't forget your sunscreen."

"I usually don't burn," said Mark contentedly. "I just sort of get a really deep tan. Just..." He shook his head, an odd look passing over his face as Oliver jumped out of his arms. "Well, I was going to say just lucky, but that's not really true, is it?" He looked a bit unsettled, but still much improved from how he'd been just a few seconds earlier. "I'll see you later," he said to Erin, giving her a serious look. "I really appreciate you coming out for me. It means a lot to me."