New feat sets

Moira Morley

Feat sets are mostly fighting styles (in fact I cant think of any other feat sets). So I've been wondering, can you make new ones? Warriors and Warlocks has Jaded. It makes you immune to emotion effects for 5pp. Think about it, there are six emotion effects (fear, despair, hate, hope, calm, love). One of them you can't be immune to (hope). So, would Jaded work as a feat set?

IS there a reason not to just have them as a set of immunities?

Generally I feel that for the standard setting (Warriors and Warlocks differs a bit IMHO) things like that should be left as powers. Effectively the feat replacers get you a power that has innate for free. Now in some cases this is reasonable, you could develop such an ability (IE some of the grappling feats, like chokehold that effectively gives you strangulation).

The one outlier to me has always been fearless so there is certainly a basis for such a feat set. I woudl say though that rather than 1 5pt "jaded" effect you take an immunity feat to the specific emotion control powers you want to be immune to. Even with that I would say looking into why you are immune to such effects should tell you if its really a feat or if its a power.