[Campaign] Heroes for the Holidays, Ch. 1: Trick-or-Treat!

Barnum

To allow players to "jump in" after an encounter has started will make it very difficult for me to properly challenge the players. "GMs" who are trying to run scenarios for players here will already be at a huge disadvantage in that they had no say in character creation. "Missions" will need to be tailored to whatever heroes are recruited for that mission, so that the missions will be sufficiently challenging and yet doable for the heroes. Also, I'm really not interested in trying to manage more than 4 or 5 players in a thread. More than that is just too much for me.

So, whatever you decide I'm fine with. I certainly won't argue, but I probably won't try to run any scenarios, if I don't know going in all the heroes capabilities and new heroes can jump in at any time into the scenario.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To allow players to "jump in" after an encounter has started will make it very difficult for me to properly challenge the players. "GMs" who are trying to run scenarios for players here will already be at a huge disadvantage in that they had no say in character creation. "Missions" will need to be tailored to whatever heroes are recruited for that mission, so that the missions will be sufficiently challenging and yet doable for the heroes. Also, I'm really not interested in trying to manage more than 4 or 5 players in a thread. More than that is just too much for me.

So, whatever you decide I'm fine with. I certainly won't argue, but I probably won't try to run any scenarios, if I don't know going in all the heroes capabilities and new heroes can jump in at any time into the scenario.

It really does.

I do think we can be somewhat flexible, as long as we do it in a measured fashion. Such as . . .

After the first major encounter, players that want to move on can, and new players can be added. I'm going to try to keep things really "open" given the nature of what Endless Flight is trying to do here.

More info coming in the next day or so.

So, if my short campaign has 6 "encounters: the first battle, the clean-up, the investigation, the second battle, the fall-out, and the third battle. We fight the first battle with four heroes. At the end of that encounter, old players can move on, new players can join. Then we play the second encounter, etc, etc.

It really does.

I do think we can be somewhat flexible, as long as we do it in a measured fashion. Such as . . .

After the first major encounter, players that want to move on can, and new players can be added. I'm going to try to keep things really "open" given the nature of what Endless Flight is trying to do here.

So, if my short campaign has 6 "encounters: the first battle, the clean-up, the investigation, the second battle, the fall-out, and the third battle. We fight the first battle with four heroes. At the end of that encounter, old players can move on, new players can join. Then we play the second encounter, etc, etc.

It really does.

It really does.

It really does.