Colt's Vignette-Knights of Cydonia

Knights of Cydonia - Song and Lyrics by Muse

"Reckon there's still things about this dimension that fascinate me. One'a those things is yer music. We never really had any of this high budget musical numbers back home, but I reckon I quite like it. One song'n partic'lar I heard on the radio the other day I really liked."

Ahh Ahh Ahh

Ahh Ahh Ahh

Ahh Ahh Ahh

Ahh Ahh Ahh

Come ride with me,

Through the veins of history,

I'll show you a god

Who falls asleep on the job.

And how can we win,

When fools can be kings,

Don't waste your time,

Or time will waste you,

"This song really reminds me of my life. I've spent a lot of time moving around from place to place. Never really had much of a home. It really was all due to my lifestyle as a shooter. But honestly, it was one of the few ways to make a living back home. An' thats why I did it. See, where I come from, ain't anybody there ta watch over people. Never really believed in god meself. This song really reflects my desire to make somethin' of meself because there ain't anyone ta do it for ya."

Ahh Ahh Ahh

Ahh Ahh Ahh

Ahh Ahh Ahh

Ahh Ahh Ahh

No one's gonna take me alive,

The time has come to make things right,

You and I must fight for our rights,

You and I must fight to survive,

"Can't tell ya how many Times I heard that line. 'Ya ain't gonna take me alive!' It's cliche, but true. Some'a the men I met'd rather be pushin' up daises than rottin' away where I put'em. But that's just the problem. I gotta take'em in on account of the fact that I'm fightin' on the side'a good. Reckon that's why it always comes down ta fightin'. Them fightin' just ta stay outta' prison, an' me fightin' ta put bread on the table."

No one's gonna take me alive,

You and I must fight to survive

(solo)

No one's going to take me alive,

You and I must fight to survive.

(solo to outro)

"It ain't bad livin' though. I reckon I enjoy it quite well. It keeps me honest, keeps ma shootin' sharp, it's excitin, and ya get ta meet a ton'a interestin' people. Sometimes, they bring trouble back ta you, but that Can't be helped. I like ma job, an I ain't quitin."