Fulcrum (PL 15) - DariusPrime (Gold)

"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." - Anne Lamott

"I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!" - Homer Simpson

Player Name: Dariusprime
Character Name: Fulcrum
Power Level: 15 (250/250PP)
Trade-Offs: -5 Attack / +5 Damage, -5 Defense / +5 Toughness
Unspent PP: 0

In Brief: Terminus-powered heroine defending the citizens of Freedom City with super strength, speed and determination!

Alternate Identities: Mona Teymourian
Identity: Public
Birthplace: Freedom City
Affiliations: Interceptors
Family: Afareen Teymourian (mother), Omid Ansari (father, deceased), Mahmoud Zandipour (stepfather), Fatima Teymourian (sister), Ava Teymourian (grandmother)

Apparent Age: 30s
Ethnicity: Persian (Iranian)
Height: 8’2â€
Weight: 735 lbs
Eyes: Dark brown (right), blue (left)
Hair: Black

Description: Ah, the girl next door, Fulcrum. If the girl next door happened to be an eight-foot, Persian amazon. She's the statuesque, athletic, 100% woman with enviable muscle tone. She's beautiful, if not in a traditional sense, then by a dignified bearing and self confidence. Admirers say her disarming smile and wavy, dark hair really make her stand out.

She really rocks her costume though. Looks like a full body racing suit, including stylin' gloves and sturdy boots. The base color is a deep blue, a gold wedge runs from the shoulders down and a long, white cape with two blue stripes at the bottom completes the look. A blue bar balanced on a triangle is centered on the chest. A white cape, much like Centurion's, completes the look.

History:
Summary: As Centurion drew his last breath, 12 year old Mona did likewise. She died only to return to life transformed. 14 years later the swift and superhuman giant donned Centurion's lost cape, becoming Fulcrum, The Eternal Balance!

Heroes' Knoll, 14 September 2009, 11 pm

A caped figure descended slowly into the Knoll. The hero hovered at eye level with Centurion's statue and then landed. After a minute of hesitation, she spoke.

"Hello, Mr Cen...Centurion. My name is Mona Teymourian. I was the little girl you visited at the Children's Ward. That was the same day as the Terminus Invasion. Good to see you again."

"I remember meeting you like it was yesterday. My mom said the Freedom Children's Foundation had responded to my wish, but I thought she meant you autographed a picture or something. I didn't expect a visit. You are...were...such a busy hero, saving the world and all. You looked so confident and powerful when you came around the curtain! I could have died right then and there."

She smiled and looked at the plaque, "You were my hero. When I was little, I wanted so much to be your sidekick. I'd put on my homemade cape and 'fly' around the backyard, pretending I was Centuri-Girl or Latin Lass, flying alongside you into danger and adventure. Saturdays mornings always started with Freedom Friends. Comic books, newspaper clippings, posters, Centurion pajamas. Mom always hated those pajamas. She thought Lady Liberty was a better role model. And you wouldn't believe the crush I had on you as a teenager. Movie stars had nothing on you."

"I just wanted to fly. To feel the ground drop out beneath me, escape gravity and soar into the clouds. I remember asking you how flying felt. You said, 'Flying feels like being free, like a bird.' And you know, you're absolutely right. But the doctor said I was too frail. Sitting on your arm while you hovered was definitely the next best thing. I still have those pictures, both of us smiling. Looking at them now, you seemed sad. Wistful even. Why were you sad? I suppose I'll never know."

"I remember the battle too. The Omegadrones were everywhere. So where heroes. More than I had ever seen together. Then buildings started to fall like dominoes. You were battling Omega. He looked like the End of the World. I was so scared. Where you scared, Centurion? I watched you land that one perfect punch. I watched you split his armor open," Tears welled in the blue and gold clad hero's eyes, "I watched you fall to the street. I couldn't believe it. You were Centurion. You were invincible."

"Listen to me ramble," she mumbled. Unfastening the white cape, she pulled it into her arms reverently, "The reason I came here. When you broke Omega, I saw this...shock wave of energy from the point of impact. The energy swirled with crackling white and roiling black, like lightning and perfect stillness tumbling together. Knocked me to the ground, washed over me, through me. No one else saw it apparently. No one believed me," she stopped, collecting her thoughts.

"I died during the Invasion too, when you died. I got one good look at you and collapsed. The doctors said the chemo and stress were too much for me. But I came back. I heard your voice in the dark, and came back. But something else happened. I came back different. Grew up big and strong and fast and hopelessly infatuated with The Champion of Freedom. I became like you," she sniffed. Floating up, she draped the cape over the statue's hands atop the sword.

"On the 13th anniversary, a sheet drifted into my apartment window. Well, I thought it was a sheet, until I saw the twin, blue stripes along the bottom. I just knew. I planned on sending it to the Super Museum, but I couldn't help but try it on once. I hope you can forgive the indulgence. Then this urge overtook me. I stepped outside and...lifted off. I don't know how long I flew, but I soared through the clouds and felt like I touched the face of forever."

"For a while, I was arrogant enough to think it chose me. As if the cape itself was looking for a successor. I never worked so hard in my life. At one point I started lifting industrial equipment for strength training. It was if I had a new lease on life, after the Invasion, and putting on your cape unlocked the rest of my potential. Whether psychologically or physically, I can't say. Every day I seemed more powerful. I continued growing too. Yeah, I'm now an eight foot amazon. I decided, for a lot of reasons, to follow in your footsteps. I took the name Fulcrum, after your words and as a means of balance in the world."

She sighed and looked down. "I don't have what it takes to be a hero. Not like you. No one can live up to you. White Knight is a pig, but I honestly didn't think being a hero would be this difficult. That guy nearly killed me. In some ways, I understand your courage to stand up against Omega. I don't have that kind of willpower, that dedication. Guess I failed my biggest test."

"I don't know why I'm telling you all of this. Maybe its my confession, for good or bad. Thank you. For being a hero. Thank you for letting me use you cape, Centurion. I tried."

Fulcrum landed and walked away from the statue. A gust came up, rustling the still night air. The cape drifted off the statue and down onto her. Pulling it off her head, she turned and stared at the statue's face. The policewoman, standing among the other statues, flipped on her flashlight.

"You do. Don't try to be Centurion. Be yourself."

The shocked look slowly morphed into a grin. Re-clasping the cape, Fulcrum turned to the officer, "I will. Thank you."

Smiling to the statue one last time, Fulcrum launched into the night, flying as high and fast as she could.

Personality & Motivation:
Laconic, mellow, introspective, confident, ironic, thoughtful, introverted. Fulcrum is an old soul, just does her own thing, live and let live, trying for a fulfilling and meaningful life. Learning is important, as is doing. She likes a good scrap, a good meal and a good lover. Slow to anger and a force of nature when enraged. Loves making a difference for people and stands up for that which she believes. She's fallible as everyone else, and in the end, respects herself the more for it. Earn her loyalty and you'll have a friend for life. Oh yeah, she can be stubborn as a mule too.

She truly wants to follow in Centurion's footsteps. Being a direct legacy is irrelevant. Its what he stood for that matters. Doing the right thing matters. Plus she feels the calling in her bones. As if protecting this world, this universe, is her destiny and her duty. "Freedom is worth the fight."

Powers & Tactics:
Fulcrum is a powerful being and her tactics are recklessly straightforward. She faces off with the biggest foe, pummeling or strafing it at supersonic speeds. She utilizes her super strength and immunities to gain advantages, particularly by grappling, throwing or exposing foes to harsh environments. Against numerous foes, staying airborne and sweeping across the lines with heavy objects is common as well as utilizing her powerful freeze and sonic attacks. Unless something important is threatened, she has the common sense to retreat or keep an opponent at bay.

Complications:
Enemy: White Knight. Fulcrum has twice brawled with White Knight. She won both outings. Naturally, he still hates her guts.

Fame: An eight foot giant is hard to miss, so Mona lives openly as Fulcrum. Additionally, she is unofficially working as a Centurion legacy, which puts her every move under scrutiny.

Honor: Seek peace. Keep your word. Support just laws. Support the common good. Live with compassion, courage, virtue and wisdom.

Power Dampers: Fulcrum wears sturdy power dampers that absorb her energy emissions. They are disguised as bracelets and anklets and are quite durable. Nonetheless, damaging, disabling or destroying these devices will cause her Terminus Radiation complication to come into effect.

Prejudice: Iranian, female, bohemian, artist, feminist: take your pick of issues minor or major.

The Big One: Centurion legacy. Mona is trying to follow in Centurion's footsteps, a little too much for some peoples' liking.

Responsibility:
Family. Her extended family lives in the West End of Freedom City. Heaven help anyone, particularly a maniacal supervillian, that threatens them.
Freedom City. Centurion protected the entire world, but for many years Freedom City was his 'home' turf. For this reason and her own love, she is protective of the city and its people.
Interceptors. They're her second family. Do the math.
Viktor Archeville. Like her family, Mona is very attached to her boyfriend and will fight fiercely to protect him.

Terminus Radiation:
Fulcrum is a liminal being: a Terminus hybrid organism acclimated to conditions within the multiverse. Her physiology is fundamentally alien, and mimicked traits (pigmentation, heart rhythm, etc.) left over from her slow transformation allow her a 'normal' physical appearance. Microscopic and molecular studies suggest a homogenous, non-cellular biochemical structure unrelated to Terran life. Her metabolism consumes localized matter and energy (particularly cosmic energy) to power and maintain her body. The waste product is a low-energy cosmic energy, compatible with Terminus radiation, which emanates from her at all times. This radiation is typically invisible to the unaided eye; however, individuals with the proper detection equipment can visualize the energy as a shimmering, black aura with some characteristics similar to normal cosmic energy. This Terminus radiation has been described as 'malignant' given its propensity to induce severe alterations in the surrounding environment. Emission rates spike during strenuous physical activity.

Long-term exposure examples: Disease, mutation, healing/injury, super powers, power modifications, dimensional rifts, warping reality, powering devices/beings, other unusual properties, etc. Using Extra Effort or similar exertion releases a large quantity of energy, potentially causing immediate effects similar to long-term exposure.

Abilities: 32 + 2 + 36 + 4 + 6 + 4 = 84PP
Strength: 50 (+20)
Dexterity: 12 (+1)
Constitution: 50 (+20)
Intelligence: 14 (+2)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Charisma: 14 (+2)

Combat: 16 + 14 = 30PP
Initiative: +5
Attack: +10 Melee, +7 Ranged (+8 Base, -1 Size)
Grapple: +34 (+10 Melee, +20 Str, +4 Size)/+48 (+14 Max. Super-Strength)
Defense: +10 (+7 Base, +4 Dodge Focus, -1 Size), +3 Flat-Footed
Knockback: -21 (-15 Imp. Toughness, -2 Toughness, -4 Size)

Saving Throws: 0 + 4 + 12 = 16PP
Toughness: +20 (+20 Con [Impervious 15])
Fortitude: +20 (+20 Con, +0)
Reflex: +5 (+1 Dex, +4)
Will: +15 (+3 Wis, +12)

Skills: 60/60R = 15PP
Craft (Artistic) 13 (+15)
Diplomacy 13 (+15)
Knowledge (Art) 8 (+10)
Languages 3 (English [Native], Galstandard, German, Persian)
Notice 12 (+15)
Sense Motive 11 (+14)
Stealth 0 (-3, -4 Size)

Feats: 18PP
Accurate Attack
Attack Focus (Melee) 3
Dodge Focus 4

Eidetic Memory

Environmental Adaptation (Zero G)
Fearless

Improved Initiative
Interpose

Luck 1
Move-By Action
Power Attack
Takedown Attack
Ultimate Save (Toughness)

Powers: 3+13+12+15+3+6+6+35=93PP

(Descriptor: Cosmic [Terminus])

Flight 1 (10 mph/100 feet; Power Feat: Moving Feint) [3PP]

Growth 4 (Large; Extras: Continuous +1; Flaws: Permanent -1; Power Feats: Innate) [13PP]
Growth Modifiers (+8 Strength, +4 Constitution, +5 ft Speed, -1 Attack, -1 Defense, +4 Grapple, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidate, Space 10 ft, Reach 10 ft, +5 Str Carrying Capacity, -4 Knockback)

Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep, Starvation/Thirst) [12PP]

Impervious Toughness 15 [15PP]

Regeneration 1 (True Resurrection 1/week; Power Feats: Persistent, Regrowth) [3PP]

Super Senses 6 (Extended Hearing 2 [1000 ft increments], Extended Vision 2 [1000 ft increments], Ultra Hearing, Low-Light Vision) [6PP]

Super-Strength 1 (Flaw: Carrying capacity only -1; Power Feats: Countering Punch, Freeze Breath [Snare = Str bonus], Shockwave, Strike of Valor [Vampiric], Alternate Power 1) [6PP]

AP: Super Movement (Space Travel) 3 (Intergalactic, Drawback: Only in space -1) [5PP]

Terminus Array 14 (28 points; Power Feats: Alternate Power [Dynamic] 3, Dynamic) [35PP] (Power of the Void)

DBP: Flight 14 (Flight 15 [500,000 mph/5,000,000 feet] total maximum) [28PP]

DAP: Drain (Toughness) 20 (Channel the Terminus; Extras: Affects Objects +1, Ranged +1; Flaws: Distracting -1, Action (Full Round) -1; Power Feats: Accurate 2, Affects Incorporeal, Improved Range 3 [2000 ft increments] , Precise, Slow Fade 1 [1 min]) [28PP]

DAP: Quickness 14 (x50,000) (Extra: Linked: Speed 14 [250,000 mph/2,500,000 feet]) [28pp]

DAP: Super Strength 14 (total effective Str 130; Heavy Load 800,000 tons) [28pp]

Drawbacks: -6PP

Weakness (Energy absorbed by daka crystals, Frequency: Uncommon -1, Intensity: Moderate -1, -1 Dexterity per round -4) [-6PP]

DC Block:

ATTACK RANGE SAVE EFFECT
Unarmed Touch DC35 Toughness (Staged) Damage (Physical)
Drain Ranged DC 30 Fortitude (Staged) Drain (Toughness)
Freeze Breath 200-ft. cone DC30 Reflex (Staged) Snare

Abilities (84) + Combat (30) + Saving Throws (16) + Skills (15) + Feats (18) + Powers (93) - Drawbacks (6) = 250/250 Power Points

Abilities: Add up, but please note your enhancements from Growth (even if they are innate) from your regular abilities

Combat: Adds up, please note the minuses and plusses from Growth

Saves: Adds up

Skills: Intimidate should be +2 as you have no bonus to Charisma

Feats: Attack Focus (melee) 2 is the correct format

Powers: Looks good

As per Angelica's wise suggestion...all updated, Sandman. Thanks!

Abilities: Enhancements from Growth added separately to Strength (+8) and Constitution (+4)

Combat: Included Growth modifiers to combat: -1 Attack, -1 Defense, +4 Grapple, -4 Knockback

Skills: Intimidate bonus reduced to +2

Feats: Melee Focus reformatted to Attack Focus (melee) 2

Definitely, I'm willing to accept the possibility of severe incapacitation. I wanted to incorporate, frankly, a Achille's Heel/Superman-ish weakness into the character for flavor. Having the weakness show up will be part of the fun of the character's roleplay, even if mechanically pain will result. As long as we don't drift into crazy-multi-colored-kryptonite territory, I'll be happy. I figured daka crystals would be rare enough to warrant a severe reaction when they did show up. Plus the idea of tainted daka crystals has all sorts of adventure possibilities.

If the weakness is unsuitable, I can certainly change or remove it. I have a variant build that does not have the weakness.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...