The Kudos Thread

Barnum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Kudos to Warmonger for a great line (he's a "merc for hire") . . .

The bar was devoid of patrons except for the man in the black coat who was sitting at small table. Mary stood behind the bar, watching him carefully. She looked up as Ronin entered, and pointed toward the man at the table.

The man in the black coat was sitting calmly at the table with his arms folded. There was a glass of water there that he hadn't touched but he seemed to be studying. Beside the glass was a small silver briefcase. The man in the black coat didn't look up when Ronin entered the room

Ronin scowled under his mask. Hell is going on? Mary looked like she had swallowed a cat. And it was clawing its way back up. Ronin hesitated. Maybe I should just go home. Man listen to me, I'm acting like Mary now.

Ronin walked up to the stool beside the stranger and sat down. His weapons clanked against the bar. Mary gave him a strange look then moved to the otherside of the bar. Ronin turned to brazenly stare at the man. He looked him up and down but couldn't find antyhing all that intimidating about him. Escept for the way he seemed to fill the bar stool with the quiet calm of a professional. This one wasn't some rich twit looking to take down his ex-wife. Ronin Broke the silence.

"Water huh? I hope your not cheap, cause you're in the wrong place."

Kudos to Warmonger for a great line (he's a "merc for hire") . . .

The bar was devoid of patrons except for the man in the black coat who was sitting at small table. Mary stood behind the bar, watching him carefully. She looked up as Ronin entered, and pointed toward the man at the table.

The man in the black coat was sitting calmly at the table with his arms folded. There was a glass of water there that he hadn't touched but he seemed to be studying. Beside the glass was a small silver briefcase. The man in the black coat didn't look up when Ronin entered the room

Ronin scowled under his mask. Hell is going on? Mary looked like she had swallowed a cat. And it was clawing its way back up. Ronin hesitated. Maybe I should just go home. Man listen to me, I'm acting like Mary now.

Ronin walked up to the stool beside the stranger and sat down. His weapons clanked against the bar. Mary gave him a strange look then moved to the otherside of the bar. Ronin turned to brazenly stare at the man. He looked him up and down but couldn't find antyhing all that intimidating about him. Escept for the way he seemed to fill the bar stool with the quiet calm of a professional. This one wasn't some rich twit looking to take down his ex-wife. Ronin Broke the silence.

"Water huh? I hope your not cheap, cause you're in the wrong place."

Kudos to Heridfel, for his excellent work in Disco Fever. It has been the longest adventure thus far on the board, with consistent and engaging GMing throughout. He made a concentrated effort to work with a couple of very difficult players, (namely Heritage and myself :D ) who apparently had no interest in changing the past despite joining a thread whose sole purpose was to do just that. :)

Thank you very much for your previous efforts, that continue on to present day. (Of course, present day seems to be an Orwellian nightmare, where few dare thread for fear of being persecuted by a horrific mash-up of Centurion and Omega. :lol: )

• 1 month later...

Kudos to Griffalo (Raindance), MarkK (The Emissary), and Thevshi (Velocity) who joined the "Heroes for the Holiday" story back in October. 6 1/2 months later we just wrapped up. We had a few others come and go along the way, but those three endured until the end.

Well done!

A huge kudos to Barnum, Cosmicarus, Heridfel, Veiled Malice, and MBCE for acting as Referees for my games and making each one memorable and exciting. And an additional and equally huge kudos to Heritage, Heridfel, Warmonger, Thevshi, and Veiled Malice for gaming alongside me with their intriguing, dynamic characters. Heritage's ongoing role as Nightrival's "young ward" continues to be exemplary and deserves special recognition, like an invisible trophy or a lolcat - it's hard to materially show appreciation on the internet.

Toptomcat and Uninverted also deserve a kudos though I haven't seen them around. They get one regardless.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...