Interceptors; A 'Chance' Meeting [Jack/Blink] OOC

blink

She could use Total Defense; that's a standard action that gives +4 dodge to defense. It leaves a move action free, if there's something else she wants to do.

"Each hit you get on me, I answer one question, guaranteed honesty, no evasions. I hit you, you have to answer one of my questions. First to three hits wins."

Defesive attack... wait for it... wait for it... 1d20+5 = 7

Now since you made the attack do I have to worry about the distract? My Def will go to +18 if I get an action, otherwise I guess I go full defensive. I'm not to familiar with distract, but isn't it a standard action?

If I do need to resist the distract then 1d20+15=30

Either way, I'm not hitting you at all, and you can modify the defense based on what I can, or can not do.

Huh, I thought I could reduce Distract to a move action by taking a -5 penalty on the check, just like any other interaction skill check in combat, but now that I double check, maybe not. We could call it a taunt instead, which would just hit her with a -2 to attack, not that it makes a difference. Let's assume her Defense goes to 28, then.

Now, I know I can Feint as a move action (1d20+16=17), though not very well, apparently! Nor can he hit her, evidently: Attack roll. (1d20+15=22). Unless you royally fumble your save against his Feint, that is!

Ok defense against the feint... Well looks like I'm biting on it.

So it's time to go back on the offensive!

Standard Action: All out attack... +5/-5 trade off.

Yep, that's not happening any time soon :)

Move Action: Acrobatic Bluff (not sure if I can do this or not, but I think so...)

nor is that...

Free Action: None

Ok Castle's got it in for me this round! It wants to protect your secrets! Oh, just for the record, I don't think I have a defense this round...

I'm hoping that Jack has some kind of comment that will make Blink feel like a total heel at this point... or if he has a way to smack her off, that would be well deserved. Then there can be crow eating and question answering and apologizing :) I just figure that it's not in her nature to loose very graciously.

Oh and if I didn't say it, very well done on the double touch.

• 2 weeks later...

It's good to be back! I can't see Gizmo's last post and Ex, did you post in this thread too, or just commenting on the missing post? If so, I can't see either of yours.

On a related note, I think it must be a permissions thing. If I click on the "Read first undead post" icon next to the thread title, I get a "you are not authorized to view this" type of error.

• 2 weeks later...