Mall Meeting (IC)

Sandman XI

Wesley, being an avid fan of consumerism, loves the mall. It's where you can get anything you want or need in one place. Having no other reason to be there than just to be there is a relaxing feeling. It's Halloween season and all the cliche things are out. Skeletons, pumpkins, black cats, ghosts, witches, spiders, and everything in between adorn the decorated stores. Wesley is here for a costume. Sure he could use his powers and look like a werewolf, but where is the fun in that? He has to do it himself. Walking into a shop, Hallowed Evening, he finds it's suprisingly empty. It has great looking costumes and atmosphere, he wonders why no one is here. After looking around a bit he finds there is someone else in the store, well besides him and the cashier. A woman in in street clothes much like himself. Weird, it being autumn in the north. She must be a super, or crazy. He non-chalantly walks over to where she is looking at the things around her to see what she was going as this year. "Hey," he says breaking the silence, "Whatcha got there?"

As the young woman turned to look at the man speaking to her, it was obvious that she wasn't a normal. Because normals do not have glowing red eyes. The mix of blue and blonde was quite exotic, but any hair stylist could do that. The outfit is what you'd expect of a normal teenager though, consisting of a pair of tight jeans and a light blue tank top.

"Wha? Oh, hey," Ionica comments. "Uhm, I got like some thing for 'alloween'n'stuff, yaknow. Ain't that why you're 'ere too, or sumthing?" She studies the guy in front of her, not much older than her apparently. "So, uhm... What's up and stuff?"

Wesley chuckles and smiles at her statement of the obvious. She's definitely a metahuman, he thinks, I wonder if what type. Picking up a fake plastic greatsword, he holds it on his shoulder, "Not much. Just getting my stuff together like you said." With his free hand he reaches out for a greeting, "I'm Wesley."

The young girl looks at the extended hand, as if she's trying to figure out what it's for, and then she accepts it. Her handshake is very strong and almost bonebreaking.

"Uhm, Wesley ya say? Cool cool. I'm Ionica, since that's cooler than my other name." She pause for a second, before she points to the outfits. "So, uhm, can you like help me? I'm trying ta find sumthing for a party'n'stuff."

Wesley wonders what her real name is now, but respects her privacy and doesn't go into it. He wouldn't want people asking his real name when he was in his Knight persona. "Sure," he says looking over to the female costumes and then back to her, "So, got anything in mind? Witch? Demon? Angel? Pixie? Maybe something unconventional?"

As the guy starts making suggestions, Ionica's left eye starts twitching, as she's straining her brain to keep up. Then finally she shrugs. "I dunno. It just gotta be awesome'n'stuff. And uhm..." She looked away slightly. "... uhm, not cost too much. Uhm, I'm kinda not rich'n'like that"

Wesley thinks for a moment, looking at the costumes. When is the last time he did something good for someone that didn't involve saving their life? He would help this girl get a costume. A nice one too. "Nah, don't worry about it," he said with a smile, "I gotcha covered. Besides, what's Halloween without an awesome costume?" He chuckles, "Halloween is serious business. Go big or go home."

After the last comment, the young girl looks very confused, looking around to see if others stare strangely at her, before her gaze goes back to Wesley.

"Uhm... I'm not that big, am I? I always thought I was like normal size'n'stuff, not big, not small, just normal. Uhm... So, does that mean I can't do this 'alloween thingie, 'cause I'm not big enough?"

Her lower lip quivers a bit and it looks like she's on the verge of breaking out in tears.

"No no no," Wesley says softly as he pulls a white hankerchief out of his pocket and hands it to Ionica, "It's a saying. It means you gotta be at your best or don't try at all. Because why try if you're not gonna be your best?" He clears his throat, "I will help you be your best, no matter what." What is a paycheck for anyway? He can sustain himself until next pay. This is a legitimate good deed. "So," he said crossing his arms and looking at the costumes, "Let's pick you out a few out a few, shall we?"

The ionic girl stares at Wes after he tries to assure her that he didn't mean she wasn't big, then shrugs. "Uhm, okay, if you say so, right? So... yaknow, it's not like uhm, dunno what's awesomest and stuff, so what's the best'n'stuff?" She then hears him say something about a few, then shakes her head, rather much actually and if one didn't know for certainty that there weren't many brain cells up there, one would fear that some were lost in that move. "Uhm, not few, uhm, only one, dun need more 'an one'n'stuff, like I can only use one for it, yaknow."

"Oh..." Ionica mutters... For a few seconds it looks like someone pushed a pause button, before she repeats, just a bit more, as if it not made sense to her. "Oh!" The the girl gives Wesley a smile. "Yaknow, that's kinda cool'n'stuff. Didn't know ya could like do that'n'such. Used to like, ya get what ya get, no trying stuff 'n so on. Uhm, that's actually very cool'n'stuff," she finishes, not noticing how she repeats herself and possibly causes poor Wesley to lose some brain cells just trying to understand her.