Somebody call for a detective?

Heridfel

Kevin wrinkles his forehead as he closes the computer programs, "Is it a restaurant or a place? Or a chain, I guess? Whichever's closer, or easier traffic. I haven't paid much attention to that stuff, since I don't have a car here. I should have asked to borrow one of the guys' cars over break."

When everything's closed, he looks over to her. "Ready to go when you are. Did you need to get on a computer?"

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabrina gave Kevin a curious look. “Is what a restaurant? Riverside? Riverside is a neighborhood on the edge of downtown.â€Â

When he asked if she need to use the computer, she then shook her head as she stood up. “No, not really. Sides, you sound hungry.â€Â

Sabrina gave Kevin a curious look. “Is what a restaurant? Riverside? Riverside is a neighborhood on the edge of downtown.â€Â

When he asked if she need to use the computer, she then shook her head as she stood up. “No, not really. Sides, you sound hungry.â€Â

"Sentry Statute. I thought that was the name of the restaurant, but I'm just confused. I'll figure it out when we get there," Kevin says. He stands up slowly, so he doesn't make Sabrina feel like he's rushing her. After all, she's doing something nice for him, and he'll definitely appreciate the company. It's been a while since he's had a meal alone. Even breakfasts are usually with the team when they're in town.

"Sentry Statute. I thought that was the name of the restaurant, but I'm just confused. I'll figure it out when we get there," Kevin says. He stands up slowly, so he doesn't make Sabrina feel like he's rushing her. After all, she's doing something nice for him, and he'll definitely appreciate the company. It's been a while since he's had a meal alone. Even breakfasts are usually with the team when they're in town.

Sabrina chuckled slightly as Kevin admitted thinking Sentry Statue was the name of a restaurant. He must have been really focused on the Football team to miss one of the city’s major tourist attractions, and one you could easily see at the Eastern end of the downtown.

“Yeah, I am sure you’ll see what it is soon enough.†She said out loud as she lead him out of the library and back towards where she parked her mom’s 2003 Honda Accord.

“Its nothing fancy, but it is reliable.†She said as they got into the car and she started off towards the Route 4 bridge that would take them across the South River and into the edge of downtown, and from which Kevin could get a good view of Sentry Statue.

Sabrina chuckled slightly as Kevin admitted thinking Sentry Statue was the name of a restaurant. He must have been really focused on the Football team to miss one of the city’s major tourist attractions, and one you could easily see at the Eastern end of the downtown.

“Yeah, I am sure you’ll see what it is soon enough.†She said out loud as she lead him out of the library and back towards where she parked her mom’s 2003 Honda Accord.

“Its nothing fancy, but it is reliable.†She said as they got into the car and she started off towards the Route 4 bridge that would take them across the South River and into the edge of downtown, and from which Kevin could get a good view of Sentry Statue.

"Don't sweat it," Kevin says as he gets into the car. "I've got a pickup truck back home, and trust me - that thing's more beat than your car. I mean, cows have run into it. Not me running into them - them running into me," he shakes his head. He gets in shotgun, and buckles up while Sabrina's turning on the car. He pointedly avoids touching the radio, whether it's on or not, and is generally a well-behaved passenger.

"Oh, man, Sentry Statue. Where was my head," Kevin says from the passenger seat, more as a statement than as an actual question. "Yeah, I saw it from above when my plane came in, but it looks a whole lot different from the ground, looking up."

"Don't sweat it," Kevin says as he gets into the car. "I've got a pickup truck back home, and trust me - that thing's more beat than your car. I mean, cows have run into it. Not me running into them - them running into me," he shakes his head. He gets in shotgun, and buckles up while Sabrina's turning on the car. He pointedly avoids touching the radio, whether it's on or not, and is generally a well-behaved passenger.

"Oh, man, Sentry Statue. Where was my head," Kevin says from the passenger seat, more as a statement than as an actual question. "Yeah, I saw it from above when my plane came in, but it looks a whole lot different from the ground, looking up."

Sabrina had the radio set to one of the alternative stations in the city, but she turned it down a bit so it would not make it hard to talk. She smiled as Kevin spotted the famous statue and realized what she had been talking about.

â€ÂYeah, kind of hard to miss, even from the air, least by most of the approaches to the airport.†She replied. “You can go inside the statute to an observation deck up in the head.†She added.

Soon they were across the bridge and into the busier traffic in downtown Freedom City. Making their way along the Waterfront, Sabrina kept watch for any places to stop, figuring it might take too long to wait until they were in Riverside. “Let me know if you see a place that looks good.†She said to Kevin.

Sabrina had the radio set to one of the alternative stations in the city, but she turned it down a bit so it would not make it hard to talk. She smiled as Kevin spotted the famous statue and realized what she had been talking about.

â€ÂYeah, kind of hard to miss, even from the air, least by most of the approaches to the airport.†She replied. “You can go inside the statute to an observation deck up in the head.†She added.

Soon they were across the bridge and into the busier traffic in downtown Freedom City. Making their way along the Waterfront, Sabrina kept watch for any places to stop, figuring it might take too long to wait until they were in Riverside. “Let me know if you see a place that looks good.†She said to Kevin.

"Sounds like a - STOP!" Kevin shouts. A black Escalade in front of them doesn't stop so quickly, and it slams into a woman clad in some sort of power suit (or a man in a power suit made for a woman). The SUV crumples around the person, who pushes back on it slightly to get unstuck, then continues walking down the street. Kevin and Sabrina can see the number 2 written on her power armor. Kevin fumbles for his cell phone.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to living in Freedom City," he says as he dials 911.

"Sounds like a - STOP!" Kevin shouts. A black Escalade in front of them doesn't stop so quickly, and it slams into a woman clad in some sort of power suit (or a man in a power suit made for a woman). The SUV crumples around the person, who pushes back on it slightly to get unstuck, then continues walking down the street. Kevin and Sabrina can see the number 2 written on her power armor. Kevin fumbles for his cell phone.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to living in Freedom City," he says as he dials 911.

Sabrina focused her gaze on the woman in the power armor, recalling learning about a group of mercenaries that used power armor when she was at Claremont. Dang it, why didn’t I pay more attention? She thought to herself as she gave Kevin a quick glance. He was getting out his cell phone, hopefully to call the police.

She looked back at the scene, wondering what she should do. The armor seemed really tough, having taken the hit from the car like that, so she might not even be able to stop it. But if the woman started causing more damage and threatening people, she would have little choice but to try and do something. But how in the world would she get away from Kevin to dot that?

Sabrina focused her gaze on the woman in the power armor, recalling learning about a group of mercenaries that used power armor when she was at Claremont. Dang it, why didn’t I pay more attention? She thought to herself as she gave Kevin a quick glance. He was getting out his cell phone, hopefully to call the police.

She looked back at the scene, wondering what she should do. The armor seemed really tough, having taken the hit from the car like that, so she might not even be able to stop it. But if the woman started causing more damage and threatening people, she would have little choice but to try and do something. But how in the world would she get away from Kevin to dot that?

"Hello, police. There's a woman in armor walking across the street, and a car just ran right into her. No, like science-type armor, and I can't see her face. She's not hurt, but the car is smashed up real good. Uh..." he looks over to Sabrina. "What's the nearest intersection to here?" As he speaks, he glances back towards the woman. She's still walking away, though not very quickly. It looks like she's either in a slow set of armor, or she's sporting some damage already.

Meanwhile, the Escalade is leaking fuel and oil into the street. The doors haven't yet opened, and it looks like they are fairly smashed into the car. It would only take a spark for the car to catch fire and burn the people inside to death. Kevin hasn't noticed yet, focused as he is on trying to do four or five things at once.

"Hello, police. There's a woman in armor walking across the street, and a car just ran right into her. No, like science-type armor, and I can't see her face. She's not hurt, but the car is smashed up real good. Uh..." he looks over to Sabrina. "What's the nearest intersection to here?" As he speaks, he glances back towards the woman. She's still walking away, though not very quickly. It looks like she's either in a slow set of armor, or she's sporting some damage already.

Meanwhile, the Escalade is leaking fuel and oil into the street. The doors haven't yet opened, and it looks like they are fairly smashed into the car. It would only take a spark for the car to catch fire and burn the people inside to death. Kevin hasn't noticed yet, focused as he is on trying to do four or five things at once.