Invasion! - West End (OOC)

Cyroa

here's the ooc

Some ground rules/info

- Barring the ability for dimensional travel, you cannot leave FC. Likewise, communication to the outside is not working.

- Jumping to different threads: not going to generally allow it. However, that said, if you feel it makes perfect sense and somehow know about the other thread, then I’ll reconsider on case by case. (Mainly it’s because I don’t want a massive thread with 10+ people duking it out unless I have to. Already going to have one of those…) Basically: just ask before you do it.

- The entire FC is being corrupted and changed by the infernal presence. There is a general ‘fear/depression/hopelessness’ aura going on all the time. It’s minor/background and I’m having anyone roll for it. You’re the heroes; you fight past it. Just remember that it is there in the RP.

- There is going to be some weird time-dilation affect going on; strength depending on where you are. It won’t matter to most chars as they can’t tell anyway. But just wanted to be upfront about it.

- I’m going to try and keep this going fast (and putting most of my personal threads on the back burner so hopefully I won’t slow us down ;) ). Please check regularly. I don’t want to get hung out for days waiting…

Now to save time: everyone roll inits now as it’s going to come up as soon as someone starts swinging. Feel free to do some RP posts though (unless you start blasting right away ;) )

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initiative (1d20+12=18)

Yuck! Oh well.

Okay Just a quick question, neither the HQ or the MAVERIC have technically been approved yet. However since you started us in our HQ I am just going to assume that we have at least RP access to the stuff inside of it.

My more pertinent question regards the MAVERIC. Are we able to use the thing to at least get to the battlegrounds (most of us have sufficient movement otherwise, but Grim would need to be flown or teleported there.)

For now I'll just be vague about this stuff until you have the chance to answer me.

Just post freely for now, I think. No reason to tack us down to initiative order just yet. (Unless Cy says otherwise)

EDIT:

Originally, I forgot to include "Jack!" In Colt's speech and who should be running to the MAVERIC. :oops: I've edited it back in, so if you want to adjust your post, Gizmo, you can. If you would rather leave it, or if Someone else responds to the way it is currently, etc. I can always take that one word out again :) sorry about that!

Nah, don't worry about it. It gave Jack an excuse to talk to All-Star. He knows the big guy can get those people to relative safety a lot better than he could. Jack's a proud guy, but he's pretty much asking for help here. Besides, All-Star chucking him at the demon is way funnier and more visually interesting.

Here's my view: use the thing and HQ. consider it a temporary GM bonus for the thread if it isn't approved. But this thread takes place on Nov 10th. We are just starting early given how long PbP tends to be.

I'm fine with you guys using it. If there is something about it that is holding up Ref approval, just don't use that part. *shrug*

And I jst had you roll init first to get it out of the way. I included the descriptor of what is going on around/outside the base so you know. You are more than free to RP before heading on to do good. When you guys are ready to go out and what some baddies, go for it. I do not want to rush RP.

Hurm. My one concern about starting this thread early is continuity re: PP spending for the month of November. If this event takes place on 11/10 but is started in October, I think it means we're still using our October builds in a November thread.

However, I do see one nifty way around this: it's during the strain of battle that our heroes dig deeper into themselves, and discover newfound powers! For Grim, this would be reconnecting with her primal fae nature and once again accessing her pixie form for her first post after her PP spending approval. Does that seem reasonable?

I already stated this one/thought about it. You are using your current build. However, when in RL Nov 1 happens (or whenever your PP expenditures are approved), you are free to immediately start using them. Don't worry about continuity issues. it shouldn't be a big deal. However, if you are going gold at end of Oct (ie getting a huge boost to your char), just start with the PL10/11/whatever version now. There are issues of course, but they should be minor enough to be "swept under the rug".

Hope that helps.

I already stated this one/thought about it. You are using your current build. However, when in RL Nov 1 happens (or whenever your PP expenditures are approved), you are free to immediately start using them. Don't worry about continuity issues. it shouldn't be a big deal. However, if you are going gold at end of Oct (ie getting a huge boost to your char), just start with the PL10/11/whatever version now. There are issues of course, but they should be minor enough to be "swept under the rug".

Hope that helps.

Re: Timey Wimey Ball

Ha, that'd explain a lot.

*demon roars* "Nnnh, keep it down, would ya? My head is killing me! Agh, what day is it? I feel like I haven't shaved in like a week..."

So, we've got:

24 - Jack

18 - Colt

14 - Blink

13 - Grim

11 - Razorwing

Uh... thank goodness for Velocity? We average pretty good initiative bonuses, too. Go figure.

As stated: players who don't post with 48 hours of their 'turn' will be NPCed to not hold up players who can/do post. When you return, on your turn you can post again obviously.

So, shall I start the combat going or would you guys like another day or two to RP?

Up to you, Cy. The reason we post stats online is so that everyone can see them, and USE them.

Also part of the interceptors agreement was that you should be able to post frequently. They knew that when they got into this ;)

I'm fine with NPCing them as long as they stay in the fight. So it would be cool if they do nothing complicated like simply, "I attack" etc. If we have to NPC them out, that would stink. Maybe we can just have Velocity and All-Star saving people.