Battle of the Century... bridge. (IC)

GM POST

Century Bridge, Between Kingston and Port Royal over the Century narrows

“This is Chip Chopper, high in the sky in the Channel Four Action News Copter!â€Â

“We’re broadcasting live from above the Century Bay Bridge, and I’m telling you it’s a madhouse down there! Take it from

me folks, it’s going to be more than the usual rush hour slow down today!â€Â

“There’s a swarm of… what look like bugs, big metal bugs, crawling up out of the bay. Each one is as big as a car. They

climbed right up the bridge tower, and now they’re spread out across the road, right in the middle of traffic. All lanes have

screeched to a halt, and there are collisions and fender-benders everywhere!â€Â

“I can see something else moving down there, something bigger than the bugs... (Get me a close-up Fred!) … It’s striding

among the smashed cars, now it’s stepping right over a jack-knifed truck. It’s big all right! It’s got long legs, and some kind of

transparent dome at the top. I can see someone inside! Someone at the controls of that thing… Sorry folks >brrzzz< we’re

getting a lot of >brrzzz< (Fred! Can’t you clean up that signal?) There’s some kind of interference… >brrzzzzzzzz<â€Â

The news broadcast disappears in a wash of static, replaced by the blurry image of a Boy’s face.

“You think I don’t know? Do you think I haven’t heard, your mocking, your ridicule? As though even a single one of you were

fit to judge to me, yes, even YOU Daedalus, to fathom the depths of my brilliance. Oh how you’ve laughed, you petty insects.â€Â

“Will you still laugh when my Bugbot horde sweeps over this city? I think not. And this city is only the beginning, only the

beginning. You have mocked me for too long. Now the day has come when you will pay. You will pay dearly.â€Â

“Let the world know, let all the world know, that the moment of their conquest is at hand! This day, Dr. Otaku shall be your

master!â€Â

"Oh that's not good!" Breakdown sighed, after the radio broadcast fizzled out. He got his gear ready, and teleported off to do battle with the crazy Dr. Otaku.

Once on scene, he stood on top of one of the bridge towers and looked down at the strange walking machine Dr. Otaku was encased inside of. "Sorry, Otaku. But this city dances to a different tune than the one you're singing. Now why do you I'm afraid you're not even worth the freedom league's time. So why don't you just take this break dance on home. I'm sure your mommy would tell you its great!" Breakdown put his hands on his hips and summoned up the most judgmental pose he could muster.

“Let the world know, let all the world know, that the moment of their conquest is at hand! This day, Dr. Otaku shall be your

master!â€Â

The evening was young, the sun still shining on the horizon, but Razorwing had already geared up and set out to patrol North Freedom when he heard the proclamation of conquest over his radio receiver. Game on.

Speeding down the lanes on his Razorcycle, the young hero races towards the bridge.

There was already panic on the bus.

"OH MY GOD!!!"

"WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!"

"I NEVER STOPPEd BEING A VIRGIN!!!"

"ALL RIGHT, ENOUGH!!!!" Mr. Hoover bellowed his deep Voice over the bus. "Okay here is how we'll handle this. As of this moment the personn sitting next to you is your partner. We're going to exit from the back and walk to the other side of the... what is it Jeremy?"

"Uhm... Yukio was sitting next to me..."

"What do you mean 'was'..."

It was true. The bus that was carrying students of Frederick Roosevelt High from a school trip was missing one student.

A student who snuck out the back during the confusion, crawled underneath the bridge and switched to more... comfortable clothing.

Not once did she consider the fact that she didn't have an excuse for disapearing, the people on that bridge needs her, and darn it... she was going to help them...

GM POST

Doc Otaku

Inside his Tripod Walker, Otaku turned in his chair and listened to the infidel speaking something or another. Not worth a response. Instead he adjusted some targeting co-ordinates and a dozen Bugbots began climbing up the side of the Bridge Tower after him.

"You all think that behind your precious Freedom League, that you're safew and cozy. You think that they can save you from your own ignorance and your own hypocrisy. You're wrong. Watch as my Bug-Bots dismantle your precious cars! watch as the fruits of my genius will turn your own technology against you!"

All around the Giant Tripod Walker, the Bugbots begin cutting and bitting into cars, taking them apart all over the bridge.

After securing her civilian clothes underneath a girder, Yukio began leaping amidst the steel under frame of the bridge, reaching the the egdge and wallcrawling up to see...

Sparta.

Robots (were they Robots?), that looked like bugs (Bugs? Ewww...), were crawling all over the place, biting and snatching away pieces of cars and trucks and whatever was on the bridge.

It was like something off an anime she watched on the net.

She slowly crawled up and ducked behind a car. Due to a lack of buildings, Web-swinging was a limited option at best. Looks like her agility would have to be enough.

Okay Yuki, in 3... 3... 1...

Crap! We gotta do something fast! Breakdown thought as he watched the mechanical bugs pick apart the cars on the road.

He saw another costumed hero leap onto the scene. Hadn't met the girl before, but backup was always nice. Hoping she might be able to do something to slow the bugs down, Breakdown decided to go straight to the top...of Doctor Otaku's robot of destruction.

"What's that old saying?" He asked aloud. A second later he was standing on top of the Doctor's robot. "Oh yea, 'cut off the head and the rest of the snake dies'!" Breakdown cranked up the rock and roll, intertwined his fingers, and brought his fistscrashing down on the glass dome protecting Doctor Otaku.

GM POST

Otaku growled as the Tripod blared a breach warning. His finger was reaching for button before the shock of Breakdown's blow knocked him out of his seat. He pressed a button on his wrist.

"ANGELS! We have a problem. Get out there and solve it!"

"Hai, Master Otaku!"

As the voice of the Angel Androids leader, Aki, confirmed his order, Otaku slowly climbed back into his chair.

Meanwhile, the Bugbots continued their rampage. Several of hem that was chasing Breakidown, took desparate measures, leaping at the Teen's new location. Several made it, but others narrowlw missed, dropping from the sky and onto the cars below!

On the Ground, the Bugbots continue to cut into cars with what look like weilding torches and metal Pinchers. Some of he cars and vans have people in them, screaming to get out!

The few Police Officers that ARe on the scene are shooting at a couple that are approaching their cars. the bullets are bbouncing off them!

Arriving at the bridge Razorwing realizes that the traffic jam would make it all but impossible to ride in on the Razorcycle, not to mention the robot bugs that were tearing vehicles apart would most certainly be an obstacle.

Dismounting his motorcycle, Razorwing pulls his grapple gun free from it's holster and fires a swing line up to top of the bridge's nearest suspension column. From his perch, he looked on the scene of chaos below, evaluating the dangers posed by the bug-bots, the gigantic tri-pod (It's that kid with the hair, again.), and the wreckage of the vehicles.

3... 2... 1... GO!

Yuki leap into the air and with spider like reflexes, her eyes scanned the area for her landing point. The group approaching the police were the perfect target.

"Oh come now! Surely you know that if you're shot, you're supposed to play dead! don't anyof you pay attention to the ruoles?" Yuki slammed both her feet into the body of one ot the bugs, bouncing off it and landind between them and the cops. "Hello, fellow officers! Anybody called for an exterminator?"

"...but you're dressed as a spider..."

Burn.

"Hey! I'm the only one who can crack one-liners here, pal!"

GM POST

Not to be out done, Doc Otaku, having regained his composer, stabbed a button on his master console. In a few split seconds, energy siphoned outwardly through dozens of nanofiber wire along the glass, and Tripod body, Zapping Breakdown as he sweapt the top of the Tripod clear of Bugbots.

The Bugbot yuki pounced on shuddered and brokedown onto the concrete pavement. But three others took it's place, lunging at her with Metal Limbs. None of them hit her.

"Report Status!"

"Atomic Batterres to power! Turbines to speed! Blue, Ready!"

"Atomic Batteries to power! Turbines to speed! Green, Ready!"

"ANGEL FORCE! GO!"

"ANGEL FORCE! GO!"

"ANGEL FORCE! GO!"

A slot opens up infront of the Tripod Walker and three misles fire! No, not missles... Girls! Each dressed in a colorful, full bodied and super tight latex body suit. One Red, one Blue and One green. The setting sun reflects off the super shiny material and helmets as the three jet propelled beaties fly in formation around the Tripod before breaking off into separate directions ...

The dazzling electrification aura of the tri-pod mecha's hull pulled his attention away from surveying the damage below, and a few seconds later a trio of... the hell?.. color-coded females flew from an opened hatch in the mechanical beast, swarming the young man who was caught in the mecha's responsive attack.

Pushing off from the support column, Razorwing's arms fly out to unsheathe the pair of glider wings housed in his suit. Focusing, he shifts his weight to glide underneath the machine behemoth and drew his grapple gun and fired towards the tri-pod's undercarriage. Reeling himself up onto the chassis of the walking menace, he finds his footing and hides within the shadows of the colossus, calculating how much explosive it would take to topple the machine and how to do it without endangering the civilians below.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Three Bugbots leaps over their fallen comrades...

Yuki didn't have time to gloat as Three of those... 'things' pounced on her! She ducked one Metal limb, rolled underneath a side swipe for another and slide between the legs of the final one. In mid slide, she kicke it's under belly.

"Gee whiz, where's a can of raid when you need it?"

"Urk--k--k--k--k--k--k--!" The electricity from the tripod coursed through Breakdown's body! "Youch! Man that really stings! Guess I won't be sticking around for the after party, Doc, I'm out of here!"

"Report Status!"

"Atomic Batterres to power! Turbines to speed! Blue, Ready!"

"Atomic Batteries to power! Turbines to speed! Green, Ready!"

"ANGEL FORCE! GO!"

"ANGEL FORCE! GO!"

"ANGEL FORCE! GO!"

"Oh, well that's not good."

Breakdown quickly slapped one of the buttons on his sleeve, and trance music began emanating from his body. He quickly performed a strange dance step on top of the robot, before blinking back to the top of one of the bridge's towers.

Aya smiled sweetly as she swooped towards Breakdown. "Hello big boy!"

She angled her body so that the glint of the setting sun sparkled of her shapely behind and right into Breakdowns eyes...

Leaving him wide open for a head shot from her teammate, Aki's, laser blast cannon. Several more blasts followed, overwhelming the teen hero!

Meanwhile, Doc Otaku was alerted by another breech alert. A hidden Camera caught another interloper climbing underneath him. He considered using another charge, but remembered his power issues. He turned on his communicator. "Angels! We have company underneath the Tripod control Center. Uploading data!

Aki Recieved the data. "Ako... do you have a shot?"

"Oh, do I ever... hehehehe..."

The High pitched giggle may have revealed her presence to Razor (no sneak attack) as she fired off a laser barrage towards him...

All the fire works in the sky seems to draw away the athletic Clinic that Tarantula is showing. A large group of bugbots are lunging and swiping at her... and not one of them can lay a metal limb on the Teen heroine!

GM POST (End of Combat Round report)

As the three heroes continues with their own struggles, The Bugbots sinister programming is going full swing. They dismantles cars, vans and trucks... and uses the parts to create NEW bug-bots. The blasted things are making more of themselves! If this keeps up unchecked, they will definitely yhreaten to overwelm the bridge and the city!

Falling Hero!

Yuki moved into auto pilot, ducking spinning and sidestepping each of the Bug-bots swipes, before flipping foward, landing and planting her feet into the head of another bug bot, and launching her self into the air, catching the falling man as he was plummeting. "...you do realize that this isn't Gotham City? You must've made a left turn at Albuquerque."

She shot a Webline and swung safely to the ground. "You look shaken... are you alright?"

"Well, that didn't work..." Breakdown only managed to utter a few words before an energy blast from one of the girls slammed into him.

The blast hurt. A lot. However, Breakdown was able to grit his teeth and stand his ground. I can't keep taking hits like that. I'll end up the same way I did when I fought the Power Corps. Halfway across the city!

"Yikes! And here I thought you girls were going to be nice to me!" Breakdown called out to the assembled team of robotic females. "How about if we see if you like a taste of your own medicine?"

Breakdown tapped one of the buttons on his sleeve to switch out to a different style of music. Ska music began projecting out to the area around him. However this particular song seemed to have an influential Russian undertone. To commemorate this, Breakdown suddenly began to do a Russian dance. In the middle of his performance, he kicked one of his legs out particularly higher than the he had previously done. He used the movement to launch a blast of sound waves at female robot who had distracted him with her looks.

GM POST

Aya's face was covered in absolute terror as the blast _Barely_ missed her. She pulled a tight loop and flip that ended with her face inches from Breakdown. "Naughty boy... you almost hurt me!"

She gave a bright smile and shot up in the air in sync with her sister, who fired another blast at the teen...

Mean while, their other sister was silent, beaming inward at her successful attack of one of Otaku's enemies...then she went two for two, as she managed to blast another costume as she caught her first target. With a giggle, she began to close in for the kill...

The Bugbots are rapidly mu;tiplying and the newly built bugs began to clamber after the heroes...

"...you do realize that this isn't Gotham City? You must've made a left turn at Albuquerque."

She shot a Webline and swung safely to the ground. "You look shaken... are you alright?"

The young man was stunned, not yet putting together what had just happened as he tried in vain to make out the red and white mask that was staring down at him.

GM POST

Doc Otaku (on virtue of seize init)

With his Angels keeping the Heroes at bay, Otaku began his next phase. Soon the Bugbots will have gathered enough raw material to complete their programming. It was genius, pure genius! Soon... soon phase two!

He began the preparations, pulling levers and pushing seemingly random buttons.

Laserbeam!!!

Yuki managed to leaps out of the way of a laserbeam that managed to clip the back of her thigh. Hurray for a sore hammy later today!

She back flipped into a handstand, glimpsing the shooter.

She blinked.

"It had to happen sooner or later... I'm speechless. Really, I am... Hell must be freezing over..." She kicked out of the handstand... slamming both feet into the female's jaw. Yuki watched as the woman flew to the other side of the bridge...

"...going...going...rats, missed by inches..."

She shot a webline to end her follow through leap short, landing a few feet away from the person she saved as he stumbled around. "Okay, I believe I was in the middle of a pun before I was rudely interupted? Oh yeah! So how is Gotham City? Is it true that it's always nighttime over there?"

"Hey Spider! This one's for you!" Breakdown flipped sideways as part of a dance routine. It was another attempt to fake out the robotic girl flying in front of him. But would it work?

It didn't matter. Breakdown's actual attack came out after he landed from the flip at the edge of the bridge's tower. A wave of sonic energylashed out from his right foot as it completed the rotation and landed on the ground. However this one was directed at the other robotic girl - the one that Yuki had just knocked silly!