[Announcement] New FC:PBP "Skin" Available

Barnum

I have begun working on a new, darker "skin" for Freedom City: PbP. It's going to take me some time, but I've started getting all my ducks in a row. In order to test the way that the various browsers render my style-sheet modifications, I've installed another bright, more "plain jane" template here. It has been updated to be compliant with the latest version of phpBB, and it has been updated for our AJAX chat module. Feel free to use it, but expect that it may undergo various changes.

User Control Panel > Board Preferences > My Board Style

If you do give it a try, post here if you run into any problems with the style.

I have begun working on a new, darker "skin" for Freedom City: PbP. It's going to take me some time, but I've started getting all my ducks in a row. In order to test the way that the various browsers render my style-sheet modifications, I've installed another bright, more "plain jane" template here. It has been updated to be compliant with the latest version of phpBB, and it has been updated for our AJAX chat module. Feel free to use it, but expect that it may undergo various changes.

Update to the new theme: For those of you (like me) who use the site's bookmark feature, I have added a direct link to the header (right next to "View unanswered posts") that will take you right to your bookmarks.

As soon as I run a few more tests and "soft code" it to conform to phpBB3 development/language standards, I'll add it to the main style as well.

Update to the new theme: For those of you (like me) who use the site's bookmark feature, I have added a direct link to the header (right next to "View unanswered posts") that will take you right to your bookmarks.

As soon as I run a few more tests and "soft code" it to conform to phpBB3 development/language standards, I'll add it to the main style as well.

I had some down time today, so I started a little experiment. There is a new link in the header of the new style (right next to "Chat") that will take you to a map of Freedom City. Clicking on the various locations on that map will take you to the appropriate forums. It's pretty simple and kinda ugly at the moment, but if you guys like the idea, I'll tweak it and add it to the non-experimental style.

Note: trying to bypass the link and accessing that page directly in the "default" style will return an error.

Post here if you have any problems with it.

I had some down time today, so I started a little experiment. There is a new link in the header of the new style (right next to "Chat") that will take you to a map of Freedom City. Clicking on the various locations on that map will take you to the appropriate forums. It's pretty simple and kinda ugly at the moment, but if you guys like the idea, I'll tweak it and add it to the non-experimental style.

Note: trying to bypass the link and accessing that page directly in the "default" style will return an error.