Razorwing

ex3lev3n

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

Razorwing, someone you seriously do not want to mess around with.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Not that I'm aware of.

What is your full birth name?

Gerber, Kristian Elliot.

Where do you live?

I live in a bunker underneath the municipal landfill.

How old are you? What year were you born?

I'm 17. My birth date is March 12, 1993.

Physical Traits

What is your gender?

I'm male.

How would you describe your heritage?

My pops was German and Irish. My mother was Italian and Jewish.

How tall are you?

Five feet, nine inches.

What is your body type?

One hundred and sixty pounds of muscle.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

I don't sleep all that well, but it's whatever.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I "stalk" more than "walk", and you'll never know I'm there until it's too late.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

I don't see the sun all that often, so I'm a bit on the pale side. I have raven black hair and sky blue eyes. I get it from my mom.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I let my hair grow out from a high-and-tight, and I try to keep my face clean-shaven... but a few days worth of beard looks mean when I'm on the prowl.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

I'm better looking than the average dude, I suppose, but I'm not turning heads.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

I have a few scars from training accidents, nothing too gruesome. Recently I've received a mystic brand on my chest after completing my Seven Shadows Path ninja training. It looks sort of like the Razorwing emblem, but with more of an oriental brush painting style.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

Not that I know of.

Do you have a dominant hand?

I'm a southpaw, but I'm pretty dexterous with my right hand as well.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Anything paramilitary and heavy metal.

Do you wear makeup?

... you serious? No, I don't wear makeup.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

I'm really soft spoken, actually, but when I put the cowl I've been told I sound like bass drum filled with gravel.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

Hmm, I look around a lot. I guess that counts as a mannerism.

History

Where do you come from?

I was born in Freedom City, but I've been all over the world.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Like I said, I've been globetrotting since I was 10.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

Well, I can't say I'm any more or less loyal than the average citizen, though I will say that I've seen much worse living conditions than here in the states, so I can't really complain.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

It took me a while to think this through, but I've realized of all the places in world, the most help I can do is by sticking in Freedom City and lending a hand whenever I can.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Surely you've heard of Freedom City? Seen it on the TV... a magazine? Anything?

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

I was raised in a foster homes... with other orphans. I guess we were all similar in that respect.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I use to get in fights with the other kids all the time, and I can't remember ever losing a scrap.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

My father was killed in the Terminus Invasion, my mom lost it and got thrown in the crazy farm before she died from leukemia, and I basically spent my adolescence as a squire for one of the most dangerous men in the world. Traumatic doesn't even cover my experiences.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

The evening before my tenth birthday I was given a choice: learn to fight and be a somebody or stay the course and be a victim for the rest of my life. I chose the former and I never looked back.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I learned early on to do as I was told or end up just another statistic on the battlefield. Nothing stupid there if you ask me.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

I was schooled at St. Nicholas until I left. After that, I learned at the school of hard knocks.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

Yeah, two of them. I have a photograph of me, my mother, and my father that was taken just a few minutes after I was born. And I have a military cap that was given to me as a birthday gift that I still have. It's my lucky cap.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

I've never really thought of myself as a bad guy, contrary to what others may believe, but my "heroic career" started after I betrayed the Shadow Academy and was in turn betrayed by my mentor.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

Not that I'm inclined to tell anyone anything about my past, but if I did spill my guts to someone, I don't see why I'd lie about it.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Well, to put it bluntly, I could be tried as a war criminal in the World Court if my identity was ever made known to the proper authorities. And then there's the whole Shadow Academy thing...

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

I have no stomach for facades.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

The Interceptors know about the Shadow Academy, but I never said much about my mercenary days. If anyone found out what I did in those days... I don't know. I can tell you what I would've done, but I'm not so sure if I could bring myself to...silence... someone if they threatened to turn me in.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

As far as Kristian Gerber goes, he's been missing since '03.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

James Gerber and Cynthia Schwartz

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

No. Like I said, the old man got his ticket punched in the Terminus Invasion and my mother died from aggressive cancer when I was six. I was raised by nuns and foster parents for a few years, then... he took me under his wing and showed me how the world really was.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

James was a S.W.A.T. Captain and Cynthia was a criminal psychologist.

Where are your parents now?

They never recovered my dad's body. My mom was laid to rest in the Lantern Hill Cemetery.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

I hopped from one global hot spot to the next for about three years, but I spent roughly the same amount of time in Japan after that... before I came back to Freedom City.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

I've never been to either of their grave markers. Bad son, right?

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

Man, I have no idea. I never knew them.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

As far as I know I was an only child.

What was your birth order in the family?

First and last.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

Like I said, I never knew them.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

My father was Razorwing before me, so I suppose I have some sort of connection with him that goes beyond blood.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

I guess I qualify as a black sheep.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Well, both my parents were the Raven's sidekicks back in the day, and my dad was Razorwing. I guess that counts, right?

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

Nope.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

Oh, man, I'm a little young for that.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

...I had my eye on Blink, but I don't think that would have worked out.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

I made some friends in both the Shadow Academy and the Interceptors, but I wasn't BFF with anyone.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

I had a father figure once... that didn't turn out so well.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

I go missing all the time. I don't think too many tears have been shed over it.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

Besides my folks, I can't say that I have.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Yeah, one. I won't dignify his existence by speaking his name, but if I ever get my hands on him, I'll put a hurting on him he won't ever forget.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

I have enemies. Lots of them. If they want a piece, I'm not a hard man to find. Fortunately for them, they haven't made a move against me yet.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Someone I trusted with my life telling me to join a terrorist training camp for teenagers, break into the computer mainframe, retrieve some classified info, and beat me half to death when I hand it over.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

Justice, Good, and Revenge.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

I trust in my own abilities. On more than one occasion I've put my faith in others and the investment never paid off.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

The man who taught me everything I know. Not for what he taught me, but for how he's repaid my years of service and unquestioning loyalty.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Discipline and self-respect. No matter who you are or what the situation is, those two qualities will always see you through to the end. And yeah, I'm a good example.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Y'know, some things work for some people, and I can't fault them for that. However, if you can't keep your word, you're worthless to me.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

Well, it's a secret in the sense that only a few people know my real name, but I hardly ever think of myself as Kristian Gerber, so it's a moot point.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I'm good solo or on a team, as the past has proven. I'd say I'm better in support rolls, but I'd step up to the plate if I had to.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

I'm a reserve member for the Interceptors. We share intel, and we back each other up when we need to.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

I owe AEGIS a few favors, but I don't pay tithes or anything.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

My days of hero worship are over.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Yeah, the guy who forged me into the weapon I am today was like a god to me. Now, every time he crosses my mind all I want to do is scream and break things.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Yes. Yes, I do enjoy it. As a matter of fact, I would go so far as to say that it's my sole mission in life. I have a lot to make up for, and I feel as though my time spent in the suit is a way to redeem myself.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

No, I don't think so. Barring some crippling injury, I don't think I could ever hang up the cowl, and there's no way in hell I'll ever go back to my old ways.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Find out who put these little machines in my heart and what exactly their plans were.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

In an idealistic world, I wouldn't need to be around in twenty years kicking the crap out of the bad guys. But, seeing as how we live in the real world, I hope that I at least put a dent in the problem. Anything other than that, I'm at a loss.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

I've ran across minefields blindfolded... not much scares me. However, I'd have to say that whoever put the nanites in me had done it for sinister purposes, and I can't stand the thought that I might be used as a weapon against those whose share the same ideals as myself.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

I'm ready to give my life every time I put the suit on. I can't say I'd even want to be alive without it.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Once upon a time money was the reason I did what I did. Now, I just see it as a means to keep myself in gear.

How do you generally treat others?

"Stay out of my way, I'll stay out of yours." Unless you're scum. Then I'll treat you like a punching bag.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I suppose you could say I have "trust issues". We've been over this before.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Depends on what I'm wearing. In the suit, I'm as gung-ho as it gets. When I'm walking around in civvies, I tend to keep to myself. As for confidence, I've never once doubted my own abilities.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Well, I guess I sort of clam up. I haven't had much experience when it comes to the ladies.

What are your most annoying habits?

Hmm, I can't say that I have any. None that I find annoying, anyway.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Just those who would prey on the whose who can't defend themselves or those who take advantage of others.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

Chocolate. I'll eat almost anything, though. And I put it down as fast as it gets to me.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

I'm addicted to chocolate milk. For real, I can't get enough of it. I've made myself sick chugging chocolate milk more than once.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Chocolate ice cream cake. With whipped cream.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Not that I've found so far.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

Well, black and gray aren't technically colors, but I do favor them. Anything obnoxiously bright makes me mad, for some reason.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I listen to heavy metal. I don't really listen to anything else.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

No, not really.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Can't say that I do, sorry.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

That picture of me, my mom, and my dad. It's the only image of my father I've ever seen, and it's the way I want to remember my mother. I saw her in the hospital right before she died. It was... not how I wanted to see her.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Well, I think a mattress and a pillow is a "creature comfort", so extrapolate from that what you will.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Kill for money. I will never. NEVER. Do that again.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

No, man. I've put some thought into stuff like that, but I can't say that it affects my life in any way.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Nope.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

I don't go in for any of that stuff.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

Yes. And yes.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

It's what I was trained to do.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

Yes, I do. Some would say that there is always another option, but the truth is that just is not true. Some people are just too dangerous to be alive. It's for the greater good.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

Well, it all depends on circumstances. Cold-blooded murder will get you put in traction. Killing in self-defense is... well, it's self-defense.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I don't have much that could be stolen. If something of mine was taken from me, though, I'd hunt the person who took it from me and lay some serious hurt on them.

How would you react to public humiliation?

I learned the lesson of humility years ago. I'd act as appropriate for the situation.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I'd see that justice was served. And yes, it's happened to me. Once. And yes, justice was served.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Any violation of one's person. There's a list of what that could entail, and I think they're all heinous.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

See my parents' graves, say goodbye to my friends, find a replacement Razorwing, lose my V-card, and fight "him" until one of us was dead.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

I'm really good with electronics and stealth skills. I learned a lot during my mercenary days, but I also learned a lot from the Seven Shadow's Path ninja clan

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Well, they were meant to be "villainous" abilities, but I was taught by one of the worlds most feared mercenaries. He and I are not on speaking terms anymore, to say the least.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Yeah, I have some pretty unorthodox skills. I learned them from Sarutobi-sama of the Seven Shadow's Path.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

No, that's pretty much my life.

What is your preferred combat style?

I've studied a number of martial styles, but I prefer a balanced mix of Krav Maga and ninjutsu.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

I'm a ninja. Like, a full-fledged ninja. Jonin, to be exact.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

No, I'm pretty well-rounded.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I always aim to improve upon my own skills, and I'm not too proud to study under someone who knows more than me.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Wake up, exercise, eat, put my ear to the ground, suit up, hit the streets. I can deal if I can't do all of that in one day, but I have to do some of it or I get upset with myself.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

I like working on electronic and mechanical devices. It's just one of those natural aptitudes, I guess.

What do you do for fun?

Wake up, excercise, eat, put my ear to the ground, suit up, hit the streets.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

I wear a suit of advanced combat armor. It... well, it looks pretty sick, actually. Armored plates in black and gray.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Like I said, paramilitary garb and heavy metal shirts.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Just some underpants. Sometimes an undershirt.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

No, I don't wear any jewelry.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

Yeah, in my bunker.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

I have a really nice ride I call the Razorcycle. It's my main means of transportation. I have a grappling gun in my utility belt and my suit has glider wings.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

No, I haven't. I should look into that, though.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Besides the mystic brand on my chest and the little metal bugs in my heart? I guess not.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Doing what others couldn't or wouldn't do to defend those that couldn't defend themselves.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

I could, if my suspicions about the nanites are true.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

I'd have to say my ability to adapt to situations quickly. Also, I'm a pretty good tactician, and that's nothing to sneeze at.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

I wouldn't call it a weakness, exactly, but I'm not the guy that flies at mach speeds and punches holes through mountains.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

"I can see you've had it rough, rougher than most of us could even comprehend. I know you're trying to make up for your past misdeeds, but you need to take a step back from the edge, dude. You're too intense sometimes, especially when the situation doesn't warrant it. You don't have to be so gung-ho all the time. And on that note, you don't need to be a wallflower when you're not wearing the mask. You owe it to yourself to try to have a normal life, bro. Omega and Ronin took that from you, but that doesn't mean you can't take it back."

• 11 months later...