New Young Adult Super Hero Team!

quotemyname

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions!

Also: Here is the final version of the HQ!

Interceptors HQ: [20ep]

Size: Large; Toughness: 10; Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed 2, Defense System, Fire Prevention, Garage, Gym, Living Space, Holding Cells, Infirmiry, Power 2, Power System, Security System 2

Defense System 1: Snare 10

Power 1: Healing 9 (PFs: Persitant, Regrowth) [20pp]

Power 2: ESP 6 (Visual, 20 mile range [all of Freedom City]; Extra: No Conduit; Flaw: Medium – Surveillance equipment; PFs: Subtle, Rapid) [14pp] AND Quickness 9 (Flaws: Limited to Search) [3pp] AND Quickness 9 (Flaws: Limited to Notice) [3pp]

What sort of Defense System did you want? Blasters, or something more exotic?

What option do you want for the Holding Cells: more Toughness, or Nullify?

The defense system is listed there as Snare, Doc. I would guess its a sort of gun that fires bindings similar to a high tech set of bolas. that's just how I envision it. That or it fires a ball of goop that gums people down and restrains them as it hardens.

I would say go with Nullify for the Holding cells.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, when you all put the Interceptor HQ on your sheet, add one for ep to the cost and add the Workshop feature (I'll pay for it, so don't worry). RW has converted part of his Underground living space into a workshop so he can do crafting stuff. It's open to use for the rest of the team (obviously), just don't go rummaging through his stuff while he;s not there O_o

• 3 weeks later...

Just so folks know, I am almost through with my proposed design for the Interceptors’ Brownstone, which is technically three interconnected West End rowhouses. There is a garden (ground) floor, but the entrance is up a flight of stairs to the first floor, with two more floors above for a total of four ‘public’ floors. The garden floor is still in development, but the first floor is coming along nicely and the two residential floors with bedrooms are all but done.

The first floor has the living room (with hidden stairs that lead below!), dining room, a full kitchen and smaller kitchen with breakfast nook. There’s also a TV room and game room, and a few bathrooms.

The second floor has three bedrooms, all facing the back of the house; they are the largest and ‘nicest’ rooms, with their own bathrooms and French doors opening onto a terrace, which overlooks the garden. They're large enough to accommodate couples (ahem!), if any of them develop. There is also a cozy reading room and two more rooms I’m working on.

The third floor has four bedrooms, two with bay windows facing the tree-lined street, and two somewhat smaller rooms overlooking the terrace and garden. There are two bathrooms, shared Brady Bunch-style between each pair of front-and-back rooms. Between the two pairs of rooms is a small workout room, with some freeweights, punching bags and mats on the floor.

The idea was to avoid having seven monotonous bedrooms and mix them up a bit, as well as creating the impression that the design incorporated details of the existing structures. I also thought it would allow different characters the chance to pick a room that fits their style and temperament. There’s also an old-fashioned cage elevator that runs through the middle of the building, which can also (in theory) lead to our secret basement via some sort of security protocol.

Of course, all of this stuff is up to team (i.e. player) approval, and I am willing to make tweaks to please folks :D

All-Star will probalby be on the 3rd floor then. His room is merely a pad as he plans to be out most of the time.

Okay, based on Ex's first post in Setting up Shop, this would mean that RW and All-Star are bathroom buddies - yay! That leaves one more bedroom on the third floor, facing the street and sharing a bath with Grim (not literally, you pervs!), and two more of the larger rooms facing onto the rear terrace on the second floor. I will actually label the bedrooms on my map when I link it here.

Jack doesn't really have much in the way of stuff, and he'd probably prefer being closer to the rooftop and the street, so I guess he'll claim the last room on the third floor. It's not like he's not used to sharing a bathroom with his sister, anyway.

Hmm, I smell a wacky bathroom routine interaction thread, possibly involving the brushing of teeth… :D

Blink won't claim a room and take whatever's left...

So that would leave Blink and Velocity (assuming we ever get her back) taking the last two rooms on the second floor; cool beans! I will mark up my floor plans accordingly.

Also, we should probably do this before the month is over. So what does everyone think?

Sadly I think we need to look for another teammate; Velocity's speed powers and life off at college make her a good candidate for a reserve member, so Thev isn't completely hosed.

What other available characters are in the right age group? I think most of the other PCs I know are at Claremont.

I'd like to enter Elektron's name for consideration. He's a well-intentioned android who's been working as an assistant for Daedalus for the past eight months, and would jump at the chance to actually fight crime.

Pros:

Can work as the team techie/computer geek

Doesn't sleep, so doesn't need a bedroom

Should get along with anybody, even Vince

Cons:

You've probably never heard of him

May blow your cover; he's a really obvious robot

Untested as a hero

I also don't have any spare PP yet for the HQ, but I expect to get one with the November awards. What do you folks think?