New Young Adult Super Hero Team!

quotemyname

Not to split hairs, but don't Vehicle Powers cost 1/5 of the actual cost? I just read that... had I known that, I'd have some guns of the Razorcycle right now =p

1/5th in the sense that they cost equipment points, which are 5:1 with power points. So Blast 5 would cost 10 equipment points, or 2pp.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time to drop Grim's Struggling complication (though her Prejudice will probably stay 'til the day she dies), so we can put her 1pp from September towards the team HQ.

BTW, are the Interceptors an 'open' team, i.e. chatting to the press, or more secretive, and on a related note, is our Avengers Mansion-style HQ top secret, an 'open secret' or openly advertised?

And what about pets..?

Love MAVERIC, btw :clap:

okay, I'll work on adding another point to the HQ total.

I think all of those issues need to be hammered out in character. I am guessing that much of it will depend on how Archeville wants it run. If he doesn't want people finding out about our funding, it is probably better if we don't talk to the press, etc.

See, now, that's an acronym! MAVERIC is fantastic, well done.

Not to belabour the press issue, but since we're talking about it, it strikes me that certain members are more likely to act as the 'public face' of the team than others. 'Wing and Blink certainly aren't trying to advertise their location, and I know Jack avoids being recorded when he can, but it'd probably be more suspicious if All-Star and Velocity started avoiding reporters.

One last time, just to be clear about the pp for the equipment feat for the Underground HQ and the MAVERIC, we are only requiring it to be part of your November updates, and not before. That is the earliest that we can expect people to be able to spend power points, as this was organized mid-month :)

I should be putting up a new version of the HQ and MAVERIC soon.

One last time, just to be clear about the pp for the equipment feat for the Underground HQ and the MAVERIC, we are only requiring it to be part of your November updates, and not before. That is the earliest that we can expect people to be able to spend power points, as this was organized mid-month :)

I should be putting up a new version of the HQ and MAVERIC soon.

Oh! Well in that case, I guess I'll just sit on my 1pp until next month :D

Okay, we have a few things to discuss, and I would like to have everyone's input. This is a group project, this affects the rest of you too :)

Here is what we have for the Underground HQ and the MAVERIC so far:

Interceptors HQ: [19ep]

Size: Large; Toughness: 10; Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed 2, Defense System, Fire Prevention, Garage, Gym, Living Space, Holding Cells, Infirmiry, Power, Power System, Security System 2

Defense System 1: Snare 10

Power:

MAVERIC (Mobile Armored Vehicle for Emergency Response and Intercepting Criminals): [13ep]

Size: Huge [2ep]

Strength: 35 [1ep]

Speed: 5 [5ep]

Toughness: 10 [1ep]

Defense: 8 [0ep]

Features: 4 [4ep]

Features: Alarm, Caltrops, Remote Control, Smokescreen

Power:

Discussion point 1: We need to hammer out what the Power feature is giving us.

In CHAT we came up with two options:

the first thing we came up with was a Healing Tank. Dr. Archeville has one, so maybe he can supply us.

Healing 9 (PFs: Persitant, Regrowth) [20pp]

The next thing we came up with was a way to search the city for trouble from the base so that we can quickly do something about it. This power is also modeled after Dr. Archeville's HQ, yet it is more toned down so we can afford it.

ESP 6 (Visual, 20 mile range [all of Freedom City]; Extra: No Conduit; Flaw: Medium – Surveillance equipment; PFs: Subtle, Rapid) [14pp] AND Quickness 9 (Flaws: Limited to Search) [3pp] AND Quickness 9 (Flaws: Limited to Notice) [3pp]

So let's vote:

Option 1: Healing

Option 2: ESP

---

Grim has been nice enough to give us yet another ep to spend on our base. What do we want to add it to? (Please let us have your input)

Option 1: Toughness from 10 to 15

Option 2: A Pool

Option 3: A Second Power feature (allowing us to purchase both of the above options instead of just one)

---

I vote for the Healing power, and Getting the second power feature to obtain the ESP as well :)

Both powers it is. Now here is another thing that could use voting.

How secretive are we being here, witha Gather Info check added.

Very Secretive: No one is supposed to know what we do and we, are not allowed to divulge who we work for publically. DC 40

Somewhat Secretive: We are a secret but we can interact, professionally with other heroes and law enforcement agencies. DC 30

Open Secret: We operate fairly openly but we simply appear to be another hero group. No one knows we are funded by Archeville or Darts, No one knows that our Bronwntone is our base. WE can even talk to the press and fill out Police Report. DC 20

Public: "Registered" Hero team. Open we hold press conferences and or rosters are open to the public more or less. Everyone knows whose Brownstone that is and everyone knows the MAVERIC when they see it. DC 10.

Feel free to add any category I missed.

I'd say DC 20; The Underground definitely needs to be a secret, as do the Brownstone appartments. Doc's involvement is supposed to be under wraps as well, as I understand it. That said, I don't see the team operating solely from the shadows.

It's probably a staged thing, since the members have different levels of fame. DC 10 probably tells you that All-Star and Velocity have been seen working with a group of heroes, DC 20 tells you the team is called The Interceptors, and a better idea of the full roster (that there's around a half-dozen members, who some of them are) and DC 30 reveals who all seven members are, their powers and habits as a group.

Who is going to actually live at the Bronwstone?

I ask this because some people have civilian I.Ds to protect, like Velocity and Jack.

If they are going ot be living there it is goign ot be pretty obvious who they are to the rest of the team.

So it is something we need to figure out before we all meet. Are we goign to Unmask or simply only some of us will live there?