New Young Adult Super Hero Team!

quotemyname

Grats! Rather than bothering to post the form letter again, 'cuz I don't wanna find it, I'll just say that all we're gonna need is a pp from you towards the HQ, and we will need you to keep up with posting, but that's only gonna matter once I get this ball rolling (hopefully this weekend or on monday). And I need to flatten out the details of using a Canon NPC before I do that.

Just sit tight for now :)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something brought to my attention last night (minutes before the crash): originally the thought was to have a wealthy person or company fund/direct the team, not the government. And Darts, Inc. -- the weapons manufacturer which formerly employed Eric "Malice" Micheals, and soon being overtaken by Doktor Archeville -- was up for consideration.

(How did I miss that? My wife's recovery has taken a downturn, I've been fighting a nasty stomach bug, and you all brainstorm way too fast :P )

I'd be open to the idea of Doc funding & directing a young adult super-team, even with former villains on it. (Doc believes in redemption -- just ask Dryad!) Also, the idea of UNISON being the backer, in the hopes they could get those villains a pardon for their crimes, doesn't work, since UNISON has no legal authority whatsoever. (But wait: neither does Doc! Ah, but he does have the Connected feat, and knows lots of folks, so he could put in some good words to the right people, the people who can get that ball rolling. So he can get the pardons arranged about as easily as UNISON could.)

Plus, having Doc as Charlie to your Angels has benefits for all:

A) It's a handy explanation for any ultra-tech stuff in your HQ;

B) It means there'd be a Ref always overseeing y'all and helping you fit smoothly with the rest of the board, making sure storylines aren't clashing and so on;

C) It'd give me more excuses for posting as Doc ;) (Though I'd have him be taking a back seat, like, well, Charlie on Charlies' Angels, The Chief in Doom Patrol, or Xavier in most X-Men stories. There for debriefings and wrap-ups, mostly.)

That would be fine with me, although I will leave it up to the folks who have more intellectual capital invested in getting the project off the ground.

On the side of pardons, Blink should not need one at this point. She's done time (she was starting the game coming out of jail) and never had enough posting history to actually do anything bad. So unless he can have her record expunged (which might make a neat back story at some point) I think she's good from a legality standpoint. However, having the backing of a noted member in the community might go a long way from a PR standpoint for all of the ex-villains on the squad.

Also, the roster is

All-Star (paragon & former football star)

Blink (teleporter & former villain, but has served time for all known offenses)

Colt (extradimensional gunman/bounty hunter)

Grimalkin (mysteeeeerious faeling; she knows Doc)

Jack of Blades (mystically-enhanced gay blade)

Mongrel Angel (uhhh....)

Razorwing (former villain, but never caught/officially charged w/ anything)

Tarantula (Spider-Gal / Spider-Gal / if you're nice / she'll be your pal)

Velocity (uber-attractive speedster)

All are -- or should be able to pass as -- 19-25 years old (which, incidentally, Doc can do!)

... right?

Yea I think we had decided that Mongrel and Tarantula were not in on this. Last I heard, Mongrel Angel appeared as though she was 13 years old, though from the nature of her powers, I don't know if that were to change or not. Tarantula is only 16 and still in school. This was meant as an after-high-school mid-college age crew, and since her character is unwilling to drop out then she would not qualify either.

Razorwing, while 16, was one of the founding members, AND is dropped out of school, so we decided to let that one slide. However the decision was made to keep that age range a hard requirement from now on. We have to draw the line somewhere.

While Velocity's sheet does say she's 18, It's been a year and a half since she has played, so I figured that would get bumped up to 19 at least.

EDIT:

Almost forgot: Doc, I'm fine with you running things. The only reason we got UNISON involved was because no one had spoken up. But as you say you had missed out on the brainstorming some how, so now we backtrack and put things right. You want to run it? Fine. Makes us all that much more involved, which is a good thing :)

Warmonger and I would like to get the details hammered out before the weekend, so we can start that intro thread when people will presumably have more time.

Okay, so it's

All-Star (paragon & former football star)

Blink (teleporter & former villain, but has served time for all known offenses)

Colt (extradimensional gunman/bounty hunter)

Grimalkin (mysteeeeerious faeling; she knows Doc) *

Jack of Blades (mystically-enhanced gay blade)

Razorwing (former villain, but never caught/officially charged w/ anything; "The Kid")

Velocity (uber-attractive speedster; she also knows Doc)

* Maybe

Seems that I forgot to mention, that we were also looking for 6 people at a max to try and keep threads managable in case we ran a thread that involved the whole team ever. This limit was imposed before we started taking applicants.

When Heritage stepped out with Grimalkin, Blink stepped in with Blink. The decision was made to close it off after that.

So that is the list, minus Grim.

Oh I'm sorry... Velocity is in. I got my timing mixed up. Grim opted out, and never decided to step back in.

This was one of the reasons I was against changing "the plan" because Grim opted out when she found out it was a government thing. Now that we're changing it, she might be upset that the roster is full. But it's not really fair to make an exception either, since we did set a hard limit on the number of people.

I've discussed things with Warmonger. We have come to a decision on the subject of members.

Grim was in on it, but opted out due to it being a government thing. Then we filled our roster with Blink and Velocity. Now we're changing it back to a Non-Government thing. Heritage said he would play if it were a non-govt thing. We should give Heritage the chance to opt back in since we changed the game on him.

That said, If you still want to play with us, Heritage, we will allow you slot number 7, even though it is one over the number of people we set out to have. (This also works well, because it allows us the ability to vote on decisions and we have an odd number of people to do so).

Any other applicants that wanted to apply, but missed their initial chance due to the fact that we filled our roster will still be unable to join, sorry. Heritage is a special case. We are going back on our supposed governmental sponsorship in favor of private funding. Heritage deserves the ability to be able to opt back in, as he said before we made this change, he would play if it were non-governmental.

Thank you guys for extending me this exclusive one-time-only offer. At first I was still thinking I might pass, since in the interest of 'niche protection' I was thinking that Grim and Blink might be too similar to feel balanced on the same team, but then I started thinking about the lack of mojo on this team; if I'm not mistaken, there is no magic, which every team needs, so I changed my mind! In fact, it's made me think about a few areas of future expansion for Grim (such as bringing back her pixie form, since I miss it so), and possibly adding a ranged 'elfshot' attack somewhere down the line.

So yeah, go ahead, sign me up; hey, since Doc is sponsoring us, maybe we should be called the 'Archangels'? At first it sounds hokey, but then it starts to grow on you... :twisted:

So yeah, go ahead, sign me up; hey, since Doc is sponsoring us, maybe we should be called the 'Archangels'? At first it sounds hokey, but then it starts to grow on you... :twisted:

ROFLMAO

And he's just egotistical enough to do that, even though he would be secretly funding the team.

EDIT: Though if your hearts are set on Interceptors, that's fine, too :)

Oh, Thevshi's comment reminds me: is Dart, Inc still operating while all the litigation is taking place, or is is closed until firther notice? I ask because I was thinking of a way to get Razorwing and Doktor Archeville acquainted, so I was imagining him trying to break into Darts, Inc for some materials needed to repair/upgrade his Devices but is caught red-handed by the good Doktor himself (or maybe the bad Doktor while he is in a fit of mania). after the requisite fight between them and some talking, Dr. Archeville gives the kid a shot at redemption by signing on with the team. What'cha got for me?

Seven actually seems like a good number anyway; let's the team split up into groups when need be, and provides some wiggle room if someone's temporarily unavailable. The infiltration possibilities are pretty awesome, too; Colt, RW and Jack all have enough Stealth to at least hide in the bushes as back-up, and I'm betting All-Star provides one heck of a distraction.