NPC Tier: Tier 2

Characters Name: Mark "Angel-Eyes" Gillman

Alternate Identity: The Angel-Eyed Pirate

Height: 6'2''

Weight: 158lbs.

Hair: Black

Eyes: Blue

Description:

Angel Eyes sports a Black hat, a dark brown coat, a pair of black cotton pants, and a grey shirt. All are made out of Reflex-Weave Fabric. Angel Eyes also has a Thin mustache that stretches across his upper lip. He keeps his miniature goatee trimmed neatly. Angel Eyes got his nick-name from the color of his eyes. They shine with an inner light. However, they are usually quite misleading as to the man's intentions.

History:

Good old Angel Eyes was a pirate from Colt's dimension. He grew up on one of Jupiter's moons. Far from most of the Solar System's governing bodies, it was a rough place to live. People learned very quickly that the law on the moons was run by those strong enough to take what they wanted, and keep it. Very quickly, Angel Eyes adapted to this concept, and he adapted quite well. Before he was 30 he was leading a band of space pirates that would raid nearby moons when their orbits lined up properly, and in the meantime they succeeded quite well in terrorizing the people of their own moon.

Things were going quite well for them. Though they had countless bounty hunters always after them, the succeeded in turning them away, time after time. That is until Colt came along. Colt picked apart their defenses with relative ease. And was the first to bring old Angel Eyes to justice. It was on the return from that trip, that Colt vanished from the dimension altogether.

Angel eyes, having sworn revenge for his capture, wanted to make sure he got it. However, he would spend 10 years in prison before he managed to escape. Now 41 years old, Gillman learned of Colt's absence. And swore to chase him to the ends of existence if necessary. With the aid of advanced technology and a hostage scientist, Angel Eyes managed to get personal transport space craft to jump dimensions into ours. Though it seemed he had spent 10 years in prison, very little time had passed in our dimension since Colt himself had arrived. It was time to take his revenge...

Personality & Motivation:

Angel Eyes is ruthless and cutthroat in all his endeavors. He never plays fair. But one thing he does do, is see things through. When he says he will do something, or promises something, or gets paid to do something, he always makes good. Always.

Powers & Tactics:

Being from the same dimension as Colt, Angel Eyes has much of the same technology, Though his is a few years more advanced, he still cannot hope to match Colt's skill with firearms. He seeks to compensate for this with the powerful nature of his Raygun and Power Knuckles. Angel Eyes has the same reflex weave fabric as Colt does, though it is years more advanced, and able to protect him better.

Complications:

See It Through - Angel Eyes will always finish a job. No matter how long it takes him.

Hatred - Billy "Colt" Renolds

Stats: 6+8+6+6+6+6 = 38pp

Str: 16 (+3)

Dex: 18 (+4)

Con: 16 (+3)

Int: 16 (+3)

Wis: 16 (+3)

Cha: 16 (+3)

Combat: 20+12 = 32pp

Attack: +10

Grapple: +13

Defense: +6 Base; +10 Dodge Focus (+3 flat-footed)

Knockback: -8, -1 unarmored

Initiative: +4

Saves: 7+6+7 = 20pp

Toughness: +16 (+3 Con, +13 protection)

Fortitude: +10 (+3 Con, +7)

Reflex: +10 (+4 Dex, +6)

Will: +10 (+3 Wis, +7)

Skills: 100r = 25pp

Bluff 12 (+15)

Craft (Mechanical) 7 (+10)

Diplomacy 7 (+10)

Drive 6 (+10)

Intimidate 12 (+15)

Knowledge (Engineering) 7 (+10)

Knowledge (Navigation) 7 (+10)

Notice 12 (+15)

Pilot 6 (+10)

Sense Motive 12 (+15)

Stealth 12 (+16)

Feats: 19pp

All out Attack

Dodge Focus 4

Equipment 8 (40ep)

Power Attack

Skill Mastery 2 (Intimidate, Stealth, Drive, Pilot, Notice, Sense Motive, Bluff, Knowledge (Navigation))

Startle

Taunt

Ultimate Aim

The Firestorm [40ep]

Strength 40 [0ep]

Flight 3 [6ep]

Toughness 10 [5ep]

Features 3 [3ep]

- Alarm, Navigation System, Remote Control

Size: Gargantuan [3ep]

Powers: Array 10 PF: 3 APs [23ep]

Array:

"Attack Mode" Blast 9 and Flight 1 [20ep]

AP: "Stealth Mode" Concealment 4 ("Cloaking Device," All Visual, Hearing, Olfactory) and Flight 2 {20} [1ep]

AP: "Interplanetary Mode" Space Travel 1 and Immunity 9 (Life Support; Extras: Affects Others) {20} [1ep]

AP: "Tractor Beam" Flight 1 and Telekinesis 9 {20} [1ep]

Powers: 12+48 = 60pp

Device 3 (Reflex Weave Fabric/Hard to Lose/15dp) [12pp]

Protection 13 PF: Subtle {14dp}

Device 12 (Ray Gun/Hard to Lose/60dp) [48pp]

Ray Gun Modes

"Automatic Rays" Blast 16 (Extras: Autofire 2; Flaws: Full Round; PF: Affects Insubstantial 2, Variable Descriptor 2, Split Attack 2, Improved Range, 5 Alternate Powers) [60dp]

AP: "Confuse Ray" Confuse 13 (Extras: Perception Range, Secondary Effect; PF: Incurable, Reversible) {41dp}

AP: "360 Rays" Damage 13 (Extras: General Area/Burst, Secondary Effect, Selective, Penetrating 1; PF: Knockback 1, Progression 1) {55dp}

AP: "Seeker Ray" Blast 16 (Extras: Targeted Area/Shapeable [32 5-foot squares]; PF: Indirect 3, Progression) {52dp}

Power Knuckle Modes

AP: "Null Strike" Nullify 16 (All Technology; Extras: Effortless, Duration/Concentration; Flaws: Range/Touch; PF: Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable, Reversable) {52dp}

AP: "Stun Strike" Strike 13 (Extras: Linked to Stun[+0]; PF: Affects Insubstantial 2, Mighty)) Stun 16 (Extras: linked to Strike) {32dp}

Drawbacks: 0pp

None

DC Block:

Unarmed -- DC 18/TOU -- Damage

Automatic Rays -- DC 31/Toughness, Autofire -- Damage

Confuse Ray -- DC 23/Will -- Confusion, Secondary Effect

360 Rays -- DC 23/Ref, DC 28/Tou -- Damage, Secondary Effect

Seeker Ray -- DC 31/Tou -- Damage

Stun Strike -- DC 31/Fort, DC 26/Tou -- Damage, Stunning

Null Strike -- Power Check -- Nullify Magic

Costs: Abilities (38) + Combat (32) + Saves (20) + Skills (25) + Feats (19) + Powers (60) - Drawbacks (00) = 194pp

He should have 195 pp to spend btw.

Stats, good.

Combat:

Grapple is +13

Knockback is -8, -1 without the duster.

Initiative is +4

Saves, change the "other" in toughness to "protection"

Skills, good.

Feats, good.

Powers,

I'm quite leery about allowing the stupify punch, because it effectively lets you get 3 attacks. And the others are nothing to sneeze at either.

I'm getting 194pp, not 195...

Grapple is +13

Knockback is -8, -1 without the duster.

Initiative is +4

I'm quite leery about allowing the stupify punch, because it effectively lets you get 3 attacks. And the others are nothing to sneeze at either.

Edited the first bit.

For the second bit about the stupify, I view it as his get-out-of-trouble-attack. Whether or not there are any rules limits to using it very often or anything, I don't plan for him to use it very often at all. Only if he is hurt and trying to get out of the rest of a fight and running away, etc. I don't really plan for him to get into melee. He's supposed to be a character that duels with guns, much like Colt. But if he is in melee, he needs something to get him out, because he's not supposed to be there.

For the second bit about the stupify, I view it as his get-out-of-trouble-attack. Whether or not there are any rules limits to using it very often or anything, I don't plan for him to use it very often at all. Only if he is hurt and trying to get out of the rest of a fight and running away, etc. I don't really plan for him to get into melee. He's supposed to be a character that duels with guns, much like Colt. But if he is in melee, he needs something to get him out, because he's not supposed to be there.

That's what Villain Points/GM Fiat are for.

Fair enough. I've changed the power to this:

AP: "Null Strike 1" Nullify 16 (All Technology; Extras: Effortless, Duration; Flaws: Range/Touch; PF: Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable, Reversable) {52dp}

Now if he's in melee, he can just screw with peoples powers until he can get back out and start dealing damage again. :)

I'm really not attached to the Stupify strike. I just want to see him approved. He doesn't need to be powerful enough to destroy worlds :P

• 2 months later...

Well you did earn NPC points on Knieval all of who's pp were transferred to colt. But nice try ;)

Also it's my understanding that its 2pp total ever for NPC submissions anyway not 2pp per character.

Ok on to review.

Confuse ray AP: Perception range doesn't work that way. Perception range is that the user has to be able to detect the target with an accurate sense. It looks like you're modeling something like the sense dependent portion of the perception area type. As its not an area effect that doesn't apply here.

360 ray AP: technically penetrating is an extra not a power feat though you can buy less than full ranks of the extra, you can not turn it off so it should be listed as an extra not a PF.

Nullify strike AP: Needs the duration you bought it to to be listed. Looks like concentration? Also nullify affects insubstantial by default so you don't need the Power Feat.

Firestorm: For stealth mode do you mean conceal? Obscure is placing like a smoke cloud or what not that blocks those sense types conceal is negating your presence to those senses, either way descriptors are needed for the power.