matter eater -> create object

bootslof

no this does not relate to going to the bathroom. im trying to make a character that can eat anything then potentially reassemble the elements in what he ate into an object in his hand. for example, he could eat a shotgun then assemble the wood and metal into a sword in his hand and save the gunpowder for something else. im curious as the the costs/mechanics and formating of such a power.

Eat-Man fan, eh?

I would say it does not need Linked. Not unless he wanted to immediately create new things from what he ate.

I'd just go with Matter Eater and Create Object, with the Power Loss drawback on the Create Object (must have eaten matter to create an object, and can only create objects of the same matter he's eaten).

There is something else to consider: things created with Create Object can't really do anything. For example, you can't make a working gun, since that'd need the Blast power, or a working car, since that's require Speed. You can make walls and cages (since all they need is Toughness), and swords or maces (though the damage would be figured as if using an improvised weapon), but that's it.

very true, this will not be my characters foundational power, this is more for fun panoplay, i discussed it with Sandman. say a kid gets a "happy meal toy" but wants another one. i eat it and give the kid a new hot wheels car!! i will use it for swords and such during combat, but its primarily just for fun.

ok im trying to tag on the damaging extra so i can have my summoned sword be a bit more efficient / be able to make guns / bows and arrows. any ideas on how many ranks of damaging would be fair? i already tacked on the precise feat, and the subtle feat, and the duration extra.