Bounty hunting 101 (IC)

zero21

David norris, formerly known as the villain "Ironhide" walked down the darkened streets of the fens-dirty though they were they were home to the dangerous meta-human. He ignored the numerous drug-junkies & other criminal elements, wishing only to be left alone. He'd heard from his contacts at the arena that a several thousand dollar bounty had been put on him after the robbery of a powerful buissnes man, and decided that going around always looking over your shoulder was no way to live..but he refused to turn himself in to the police, since he doubted they had any way to seriously hold him. He was also getting tired of the media classifying him along side truly crazy super villains like white night, dr. sin and dr. stratos..he did'nt want to hurt people, or rule the world..he just wanted to live comfortably and not have to worry about his "friends" turning him in for protection.

Several thousand dollars? Reckon that's some sorta sick joke. Or just a rumor...

Colt had heard about the bounty on the streets. Apparently the price on his head was an unofficial one. It hadn't been sanctioned by any of the normal law enforcement agencies in freedom. Therefore, as far as Colt was concerned, he was doing this job off the clock. If it didn't work out, no big deal. He wasn't even sure if the bounty existed.

He tracked down the area where "Ironhide" usually frequented. Briefly wondering while he was en route why they called him that. He had been waiting in the alleyway for quite sometime, when just as he had expected, Ironhide wandered by the opening.

Colt struck a match on the bricks that made up the side of the building. It briefly illuminated his figure: The coat, the hat, and the cycle at his side, before he covered it with his hand to protect the flame. He used it to light the miniature cigar he held between his teeth. All this Ironhide was able to observe in just a few seconds. Gazing up at Ironhide and letting out a puff of smoke, Colt spoke, "Howdy, Partner."

David paused at the strangers greeting "Hi" he replied shortly "Nice bike..now, if you'll excuse me.." He went to walk around the odd looking man, hoping to lay low, but getting ready for anything since the man was undoubtedly a bounty hunter..his whole "old west" vibe put david's senses on alert. He quickly hurried down the street, hoping to slip away without a fight.

"Not so fast, Partner." Colt rose from where he was leaning on his bike. And turned around to face the rapidly retreating mark. "Reckon there's a price on yer head, an' I aim ta collect." Colt let his right hand dangle down by his side and prepared himself to quickly draw his pistol in case a scuffle broke out. "Now why don't ya just come quiet-like."

David went still at the mans comment and let out a sigh "There is, is there? Well, I don't plan on comming anywhere, except to go home-I gave up the villain gig after people started grouping me with the crazies & hatemongers..so just leave me alone" He growled softly, "Why can't you caped crusader types just leave me alone when all I want to do it be left alone to down my misery in..." He glanced down at the bottle in his hands "Bourbon, tonight.." He gave a dark chuckle "Besides, the bounty was placed by another villain from what I know."

Colt stiffened a little. He didn't really like where this was going. Still..., "Well, yer right. The man that placed the bounty is a criminal. But until there is a price on his head, and I'm hired ta bring him in, his money's good all the same."

Always willing to try and dissolve a situation peacefully, Colt tried a different tack. "Tell ya what. Ya give me a better reason than the few thousand dollars he's offering, an' I'll consider leavin' ya alone. Otherwise, ya gotta come with me."

"Well, for one your takin' a huge risk-I bet yer powers are ranged, what with the gunslinger look..mine are more up-close and personal, second..I doubt you could carry me an inch right now.." He brought up his full density, cracking the sidewalk under him "Anyways, if it's the 15,000 mark he's screwing you outta three fourths of what im worth.." He took another drink and smiled at his would-be captor. "Your choice, get into a totally needless fight in a crowded section of town over a cheap-ass villains attempt to screw you & *try* to kill me."

Colt hadn't actually been hired to ever bring some one in with super powers before. Back home they were always just criminals that had gotten their hands on some sort of super technology and run amok with it. Here in freedom city where the competition was a little more steep, he had only been hired to bring in a few small time criminals.

Colt sighed, and visibly relaxed. "Well, I reckon, 'can't physically move you' IS a pretty good reason." He folded his arms in front of him. "But if'n I can't take ya in, I can't very well let ya just be a vagrant either. Ya can't just go around drinkin' yerself stupid. Ain't no way ta be livin'."

"Maybe not, but if you were in my shoes you'd drink too-what kind of jobs can I really get, hmm? Those sniveling media jerks in chicago labeled me a "menace to society" after I killed a villain by accident-eventually driving me to turn to crime just to live..but now these insane twits with designs of world domination are making my life miserable, like it needed any help..so now anybody who is'int scared to death of me wants my freakin blood.So tell me oh-wise-one, what should I do when i'm surrounded by enemies?" David snareled, throwing the bottle down the ally with a flick of his wrist "Maybe I should be like you, a bounty hunter, hmm?" He asked, half jokingly.

Quick as a flash Colt drew his pistol. He fired it just once and it shattered the bottle of liquor as it flew down the alleyway.

"Yea, reckon ya should." He said, blowing the smoke off the barrel and flipping the pistol back into its holster.

"I also reckon I know right where ya should start. With the man that wants you dead. Word on the street is He's got a bounty on his head too. I would know. I put it there."

Colt smiled. This had gone well. If this kept up he would have this "Ironhide" right where he wanted him, as a possible business partner. "It don't take too much ta show people yer willin ta help. And if'n its true, they might just like ya."

David's beer-googeled eyes widened at the strange mans comment "Wha..? Why you wanna work with me?" He said, shock dragging him slightly out of his drunken stupor..but after a few moments of thinking about it he nodded slowly "Fine, have it your way Mr..?" He held out a hand half heartedly and shook the mans hand, not bothering to use any of his inhuman strength.