Large City Wide Plot Thread - Interested?

Cyroa

Geckoman – PL7 (possibly in Claremont thread?)

Well, if it works out easier, he could be in or out of Claremont at the time. After all, he's probably the Claremont kid least bound to having his heroics linked to his team mates.

Arrowhawk – PL11

If there's a Fens/Boardwalk/Southside thread, I'd be up for including him.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings all

Ok, probably going to start all these threads this weekend (will post the initial links here) as this is gonna be a bear.

Here are what I have so far for Groups.

Claremont Thread

Edge – PL11

Wanderer – PL11

Psyche – PL? (going gold maybe)

Phalanx – PL? (going gold maybe)

Breakdown – PL11

Zephyr – PL11

(Minor Guest Appearance: Phantom)

Interceptors Thread

Jack of all Blades

Colt

Blink

Razorwing

All-Star

Velocity

’Midnighters’ Thread

Atlas

Avenger

Dead Head

Phantom

City Center/Hanover?

Doctor Archeville

Quark

Tempest

Spitfire

Tarantula

Boardwalk/Southside Thread

Wesley Knight

Ironhide

Leon Mighty

Arrowhawk

PL 6 & 7 (couldn't think of a tittle/location)

Geckoman

Mongrel Angel

River Rat

(There are a couple more people not up there as I'm still working on the groupings. Above is just a preliminary. If you dislike where you are or have some other issue, let me know and I'll try and adjust.)

Now: as to general concept of each:

Interceptors Thread – rescue/combat; Location?

’Midnighters’ Thread – combat/rescue; Location?

City Center/Hanover? – defenders/combat

Boardwalk/Southside Thread – rescue/combat/survival (equal parts)

PL 6 & 7 - rescue/combat; location?

Danger Mansion: North Bay Thread – bastion/safe zone/HQ *** (see below)

As you can see, almost every place has combat going on. It may or may not be the focus of a thread but given the level of danger and pervasiveness of the threat, it will be happening everywhere. If you and/or your group are looking for something specific to happen or that you want to see, please let me know. If not, I (or whoever is running the thread) will just wing it. Note: there will be little to no time to 'rest' in these various threads. Injuries will not have time to 'heal' barring use of special powers.

Danger Mansion is going to be one of the only safe zones in the entire city. Those inside will be safe/able to rest . No where else in the city will be safe(barring one or two plot related places) or can say that it is (that includes HQs btw ;) ). (If you have specific reason you think it will be, contact me and we'll see. Not that it will matter much, but still.) The mansion (and the 'effect' making it safe) will be easily visible as such for miles around; everyone will know. It can/will be a place for civilains to be brought, healing to be done, heroes to rest/recover, plans (such as they are) made, a place to strike back out again. It is also likely that people trying to get in or out will have to 'fight' through the baddies to do so, and while it should be rough, was can say that is 'off screen'.

Given the linear nature of this plot, I'm making an exception for the Mansion. While the others will start off very early on, its thread will take place several hours later, towards the end. This is so you can have you chars in both places (except for Claremont thread chars). They can be there binding their wounds, collapsed and exhausted, resting, and generally doing RP, whatever you like. If your char was struck down in original thread, they can be assuemd to be brought here to recover (assuming no powered healing was available wherever they were). At that point, the mansion is likely to be packed with injured and terrified civilians as well as any hero who could make it. As the city falls (and it will), the Mansion will become the 'last bastion' in the city. And as the Mansion's special resistance is worn down, everyone there will have to arm up and hold the line (even if still injured). (I will let people know when this will happen; it will be RP mostly before that point.)

edit:

Yes, this will technically take place in Nov (between first and second week). However, we will be starting it this weekend given the scope and the fact that combat tends to take time. I'll be trying to maintain a faster past with regular updates each day but still... Note: because of this will take place in Nov, and updates you make to your char from Oct's PP awards, I'm fine with letting you use those updates as soon as you get them, even if mid-thread. If the GM of a particular thread disagrees, then that is their call.

For the interceptors thread, combat/rescue sounds good. We did get the MAVERIC transport for a good reason ;)

Now this going to be happening next month, right?

As for the location of our thread...Is anyone covering the West End yet? That's where the Underground is. That's where we could start. and maybe eventually cart civilians to Danger Mansion

PL 6 & 7 (couldn't think of a tittle/location)

Geckoman

Mongrel Angel

River Rat

Just to put a crimp in your day, Geckoman hits Gold this month or the one after. However, apart from Bluff he'll be a (heavily) overpriced PL 8, so it may not matter.

As for location, I think it'd depend on where Mongrel Angel operates (which I don't know :oops: ). River Rat can be "the right man in the right place" due to his luck powers, and Geckoman flies a fair section of the city on patrol. Nyrath?

Danger Mansion is going to be one of the only safe zones in the entire city. Those inside will be safe/able to rest . No where else in the city will be safe(barring one or two plot related places) or can say that it is (that includes HQs btw ;) ). (If you have specific reason you think it will be, contact me and we'll see. Not that it will matter much, but still.) The mansion (and the 'effect' making it safe) will be easily visible as such for miles around; everyone will know. It can/will be a place for civilains to be brought, healing to be done, heroes to rest/recover, plans (such as they are) made, a place to strike back out again. It is also likely that people trying to get in or out will have to 'fight' through the baddies to do so, and while it should be rough, was can say that is 'off screen'.

I'm thinking Pitchoo. It flies at a high speed, is radar invisible, autopilots and has Living Space so a few people could rest up in hammocks. Unless there's something stopping them flying to a pretty high altitude, it could be semi-safe.

ok...everything is up. here we go:

Southside:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2760 IC

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2761 OOC

Wesley Knight

Ironhide

Leon Mighty

Arrowhawk

West End

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2762 IC

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2763 OOC

This the Interceptors group:

Jack of all Blades

Colt

Blink

Razorwing

All-Star

Velocity

Grimalkin

Hanover

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2765 IC

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2764 ooc

Doctor Archeville

Quark

Tempest

Spitfire

Tarantula

Riverside

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2767 ic

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2766 ooc

MidKnighters thread

Atlas

Avenger

Dead Head

Phantom

Riverside: Gate

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2771 ic

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2770 ooc

Edge

Wanderer

Psyche

Phalanx

Breakdown

Zephyr

Bridge

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2773 ic

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2772 ooc

Geckoman

Mongrel Angel

River Rat

Duskstalker

Angel

Danger Mansion

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2768

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2769 ooc

This thread is open to all. so you can double post here and there. For now, this is mostly social/RP. It'll get ugly later. ;)

Everyone is free to join Danger Mansion. Other than that...kind of full up.

Also note: I will be advancing/starting the various combats tonight/tomorrow unless people want more to to RP or wait for an absent player (and have just asked in each thread). Players who do not post with 48 hours of their 'turn' coming up will be NPCed by my doing a simple action. I'll put this in each of the ooc threads as well. So, unless you wish to continue the straight RP in the various threads, combats will start. (Danger Mansion being the exception. There isn't going to be any combat there for a couple weeks real time. There will be the big climactic battle there, just not till the 'end'. And even then it will be more of an RP battle with only a few rolls.)

• 3 weeks later...