Rained Out Stake Out (IC)

quotemyname

This was most curious. Colt human had felt different than the other humans. It was like Colt human was written in a different language than the other humans. The Colt human's explanation made the reason for the abnormality seem much clearer. In addition, now that Colt human had helped Tempest understand what language he was composed of, Tempest could now glean similar pieces of information from other items. It was as if everything had suddenly gained another dimension and more depth. It was then that Tempest had a large epiphany. Not only did he have more to learn about the humans, he had more to learn about himself.

The possibilities astounded Tempest, and for the first time, rendered him speechless.

Soon enough the police were on the scene. Two squad cars had come to take the criminals away. Colt was given a voucher that he could turn in to the police chief. It would denote the fact that he had been influential in the capture of the villains.

As he watched the police pull away, he tucked the voucher back inside his coat. "Well, reckon I may not get full price fer this one. But it's better'n nothing."

Colt turned and began walking toward his motorcycle. He motioned for Tempest to follow him. "Say, Tempest, I owe ya one fer yer help back there. If'n ya need anything ya come find me. I'll return the favor. Or if ya just want ta talk. I c'n show ya where ma hotel is if'n ya want?"

When Colt finally reached his bike, he swung a leg over the seat, removed his hat and stowed it in a compartment. He lifted his goggles into place over his eyes as he waited for Tempest to answer.

As the Police humans arrived on scenes, Tempest undid his handiwork with the limo and street, leaving everything as if Tempest had never touched it. Tempest didn't say much as the police humans took the criminal humans into custody, he merely observed. "I would indeed appreciate that Colt human." said Tempest as he followed after Colt human. The same fog you saw fall of Tempest before reappears and Tempest slowly float up into the air. "I will follow you to this hotel Colt human so that there will be an increased likely hood in meeting one another at a future date. I need to merely know the way."

"Alright then, partner. And please, just 'Colt' is fine." Colt kicked his cycle into gear and roared off down the street. A few hundred feet after he started off, he pressed a button on the dashboard, and a pair of wings unfolded from the sides of the cycle. It soon gathered enough lift to be able to take off.

Colt steered the flying motorcycle through the air and with Tempest in tow, he eventually reached his hotel. The hotel was on the corner of O'Donnell and Shelly street in Southside. Not far from a juvenile hall that Colt had actually turned a few younger miscreants in to.

Finally, Colt set his bike down in the parking lot. The maneuver looked tricky, but Colt seemed well practiced at it. It had taken him a while to get the process of landing on a short runway down pat, but once he did, he found it was no harder than parallel parking a car.

"Well, reckon this here's ma stop." He said to tempest when he landed. (Colt still found himself questioning what exactly Tempest was...) He removed the goggles, hanging them around his neck and retrieved his Hat from the compartment. He also retrieved another box of matches. Taking another cigar out of his breast pocket he stuck it in his mouth, struck the match against the side of the bike, lit the cigar, and tossed away the match. Taking a puff, he looked up expectantly at Tempest. "I'm'n room 42."

"I would not refer to you as something other than that monicure Colt human. To do so would be disrespectful Colt human." You weren't sure if Tempest was just being a wise ass or he legitimately didn't get it. Tempest kept right with Colt as the pair headed to the latter's hotel.

It was hard to explain, but something about the way Tempest flew just seemed natural to Colt. You could just imagine Tempest just assimilating himself into a cloud and coasting throughout the heavens. But Colt reminded himself, he was looking at a being that just might be able to do that.

"Very well Colt human. I shall depart for the time being. I hope that we meet again Colt human, this day has been most informative."

"Reckon I'll see ya round, partner." Colt tipped his hat to Tempest as he began to float away. He remembered to call out before Tempest got too far away. He cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled, "It's just Colt! Not Colt Human!"

Colt shook his head as he dismounted his cycle. Who says magical bein's can't be wise-asses? He parked his bike in one of the spots and used his key to get in through the door. He could pick up his money in the morning. Before he entered his room, he removed the cigar from his mouth, ground out the embers on the end against the door frame. It was only about half smoked. He could save it for later. He placed it in his breast pocket and closed the door behind him.