Dead? Or Alive? (IC)

quotemyname

There was a sharp ringing in his ears as the psychic assault battered Colt's mind. "No!" He almost didn't recognize his own voice. Before he even realized he had been able to resist the psychic assault, he found himself reloading his revolver.

"Normal guns may be no use." Colt's tone was defiant, and confident as he clicked the revolver's chamber back into place. "Reckon I'm a lil' dif'rent from the rest."

The series of gunshots rang out across the room. Colt had once again emptied Jericho's clip into the man. Luckily, Ace saw, he had had the good sense not to kill him. Ace found himself wondering if it really was Colt that selected the non-lethal bullets, or was there something special about that revolver he had...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceasar took the fusillade of bullets with barely a scratch, perhaps he was right, he certainly seemed to have some sort of mystic protection. Though clearly he wasn't immune to such things as he was deffinately bleeding.

Ace came up from his crouch with a well aimed spread of throwing stars distracting Ceasar for a crucial moment drawing his defenses aside. "Take the bastard down." Ace growled quite done with the cult leader and wanting to end this before more gang members arrived.

Ceasar cursed as the spinning metal shards flew past him, "Fool. Now you will pay for your insolence." He intoned and with a gesture commanded the once peacefull women to attack. They leapt ferociously at Ace but the agile hero was able to evade thier grasp. "Now, Now, ladies lets not rush things." He said with a grin. Ace was perhaps just a little bit mad, he seemed to be genuinely enjoying this.

Colt simply stood in the doorway, he wasn't paying attention to much other than the gang leader. The man had done some horrible things. And worse still he seemed to be controlling these women...

"Take the bastard down." Ace growled quite done with the cult leader and wanting to end this before more gang members arrived.

"Gladly."

Colt's hands moved fast as lightning. In one smooth motion he had his pistol reloaded again and aimed at Ceaser. Without so much as a word, he let loose.

A veritable wall of bullets slammed into Ceasar for a few seconds he seemed unfazed then collapsed to one knee. He struggled to regain his feet but only managed to get halfway upright swaying barely holding onto conciousness.

Ace backed up against Colt and eyed the women warily, "He's just a man and He'll fall like any others. You don't have to listen to him. Fight him, you aren't slaves." He intoned. They seemed somewhat swayed by his words and struggled to fight off the orders but before they could Ceasar let out one deadly command, "Die!" he shouted. The woment began convulsing but thier eyes cleared at the same time and they managed to break the final binding on thier mind collapsing together to craddle thier fallen companion once more. The last of his energy expended in that final act Ceasar lapsed into unconciousness.

Colt blew the smoke off the end of Jericho's barrel. He flipped it around his finger and holstered it at his side. He breathed a sigh of relief, letting himself relax. Battles always made him tense. Quickly, he approached the group of girls. "Y'all okay? How's yer freind holdin up?"

He glanced back at Ace momentarily. "Don't suppose ya have handcuffs fer this'n?" He said, gesturing towards Ceasar. "I really need ta get me a pair."

The girls looked dazed and uncertain but slowly nodded in response to Colts question. Clearly the after effects of whatever kind of control he had them under hadn't faded completely. Ace pulled a pair of finely crafted manacles from his belt and tossed them to Colt. "Glad I grabbed those this morning." He said with a smile then turned to check on the wounded womangently gathering her into his arms, "We should get moving before some fool gets it in his head to try and save this guy." He said as he headed for the door.

"Thanks, partner," Colt said, catching the manacles. He fixed them onto Ceasar.

"Ya got lucky Ace, normally I'd be seein ta the girls," He smiled at them, "But seein' how this's my mark, I aim ta bring'em in proper." He bent down and picked up Ceasar's unconscious form. "Reckon ya c'n have the fun job this time."

Colt began to make his way out of the house. He had his revolver in his right hand and Caesar slung over his left shoulder in the fireman's carry position.

"Well, I would say its the girls lucky day then." Ace replied with a winck as they quickly exited the building. The street was empty when they emerged into the almost too bright sunlight. This wasn't the kind of neighborhood that called hte cops for gunfire and the natives had made themselve scarce. "Should we call in the calvery or can your bike get us all out of here?" Ace asked.

"Reckon the Stellar Cycle ain't gonna cut it this time, Ace. Only ever ridden reliably with two. Three's pushin' it. Sure as hell won't fly, that's fer certain." Colt looked around. Most of the other gang member seem to have cleared out.

"If'n we can get far enough away from here, I reckon the cavalry as you say won't have a problem pickin' us up."

Ace made the call while they got to a more defensible position, just in case the remaining Yellow Kings got brave all of a sudden. It didn't take long for hte first officers to arrive and within 15 minute the chief himself arrived to survey the situation. The girls were whisked away in an ambulance and for observation. "Cheif!" Ace exclaimed and gave the man a hearty handshake, "Your man Colt here is a very efficiant young man."

"Well I reckon it's like a friend of mine once said," Colt began as he walked up the chief of police. As he approached, he was loading more rounds into his rifle, when finally he was standing next to Ace, he cocked the rifle, and slung it over his back, shaking the chief's hand. "When ya gotta shoot, shoot. Don't talk. There's a time fer words an' a time fer shootin'. An' when a man like that," He indicated Caesar, "Is takin' controll'a these ladies, well, that's the time fer shootin'."

Ace saw the ladies to the ambulance and rejoined Colt and the Chief. "Well I can see why that was a bit of a sticky situation for you all." He said with a smirk. "I'd suggest you get Sandoval down here to check the place out but it looks like the Yellow Kings were fronting for a cult." He explained. "Perhaps we could discuss the details of hte operation in the comfort of your office?"

The Cheif concured and the returned to his office to complete the debriefing while the cult/gang leader was processed. It didn't take long for the details to get hashed out, Colt was in Aces opinion skilled but perhaps a little reckless but nothing that would really get in the way of him working with the police in an un-official capacity. And if they needed some one brought in fast Colt was a good choice. Before he left he gave Colt his card and a promise to introduce him around to some of the folks in the know around the city. With that he left Colt and the Chief to discuss the distastefull subject of compensation amongst themselves.