Dead? Or Alive? (IC)

quotemyname

Ace made a dismissive gesture Dime Bags direction and the dealer took off running. Turning back towards the tenement he replied, "Well we can try and stake the place out but theres more than two ways in and out." He sighed at the delapidated building, "But this guys no dummy he's not gonn just walk out to meet us."

He looked to Colt questioningly, "Your job your call, but if a fight breaks out in there we'll be in a spot, most of the apartments are gonna be full of civilians, the Kings'll be hiding out in some, but no one in there is gonna risk telling us anything." He shrugged leaving the final call up to Colt.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, I reckon if'n they ain't comin out," Colt checked to make sure Jericho was fully loaded, "We're gonna have ta flush'em out." then he slapped the revolver's chamber closed.

"I know fer a fact I won't have ta worry 'bout hittin' the civilians. So all's I gotta do is take'em afore they c'n get a shot off, an' we'll be golden. Seems pretty clear cut ta me."

He turned to Ace as he drew Marlin off his back, again, checking to make sure the gun was properly loaded. Satisfied, he slung it over his back again. "Yall wanna head round back'n make sure none'a the rats escape that way? Reckon I'll make a big enough distraction fer ya."

"How DOES he do that?" Colt scratched his head, "Reckon there's more ta Ace Danger'n meets the eye."

Colt slowly approached the front of the building. With his hand by his side, ready to draw Jericho if necessary. "Alright in there, listen up! If'n yall don't come out, I'm gonna come in! What'll it be Del Torro?"

Ace carefully crept up to the back of the building as Colt issued his ultimatum, peeking in through windows trying to track where the actual gang members were.

Inside however was rather chaotic as the residents of the building hurridly gathered children and pets to huddle in more secure rooms, well aware of the destruction a show down like this could result in. The gang members themselves were prepared to deal with this interloper in thier traditional fashion. Several drew assorted firearms and took up position inside while the braver, or more fool hardy piled out onto the dead grass in front of the building weapons raised threateningly.

The biggest of the group, shirtless and covered in the trademark tatoos of time spent in prison, called out derisively, "Why don't you just run on back to your little house on the prarie Jim Bob." while brandishing a cheap automatic pistol in Colts direction.

"Yall sure ya wanna be doin' that?"

In a flash, Colt drew Jericho from it's holster. He shot five times straight from the hip using his left hand to hammer the revolver, making it fire faster. Five bullets hit five weapons. One of the thugs couldn't manage to hold on to his weapon.

"That was a warnin' shot. Yall don't get outta here, I won't be aimin' fer the guns next time." Colt even had the audacity to dump the empty bullets out of his gun and reload it right in front of them. His hands were a lightning fast blur of motion!

The disarmed gang member bolts back towards the building stumbing as he goes, the others seem to be made of sterner stuff and let loose a hail of bullets in the direction of Colt but between thier lack luster aim and his intimidateing presence none of the shots manage to hit.

Ace hearing gunfire slips silently into the building to find Del Torro before he flees hopefully.

Colt ducked and rolled as the gang members fired at him. He moved so fast he was difficult to see. Rolling into a kneeling position, he stared into the fray of bullets. "Reckon yall asked fer it then." He let loose another hail of bullets. By pulling his arm behind his back, over his head, between his legs, and every which way. He once again dodged and weaved so fast he was difficult to see.

Luckily for the gangsters, Colt wasn't looking to cause any fatalities. He just wanted to bring home his mark - Del Torro. The bullets that he fired at the gangsters were specially designed to hurt, but not kill them.

After the gangsters bit the dust, Colt made a dash for the front door and placed his back up against the wall of the building, just outside the door. He momentarily took cover before he made his infiltration.

There were sporadic gunshots as Colt approached the front door however nothing to worry the practiced bounty hunter. As he peeked around the doorframe he could see some movement as several of the Yellow Kings crouched behind doors or furnature looking for a clear shot.

Ace took up position at the foot of the stairs well behind the entrenched gangsters revealing himself just enough that Colt could catch his signal to charge past before the hallway filled with smoke.

Colt took the signal, and under the cover of smoke, ducked his head down and ran headlong into the hallway. He holstered Jericho and pulled Marlin from his back while he ran. When he reached the foot of the stairs, he burst out of the smoke and took a crack at the gangster's entrenched there with the butt of the rifle. He easily knocked anyone near him to the ground before hesitating to try and make sense of the rest of the chaos. "What's the matter, Del Torro? Ya gonna come out here 'an fight like a man? Or are ya just gonna cower cuz yer yellow?"

The thugs crumpled into heaps under Colts sudden assault. from up the stairs came no sound but eerie silence.

Ace looked to Colt questioningly, clearly leaving it to the bounty hunter to decide his preffered course of action. He was confident they could handle whatever the Yellow Kings may have planned.

Colt stopped to check and make sure that the two men he had just surprised were out cold. He took his eyes off the stairway as little as possible. He quietly communicated with Ace: "Reckon that smoke's a neat trick. Where'd ya learn that one?"

He rose from checking the unconscious bodies of the fallen gang members and faced the stairs. He put his rifle to his shoulder and advanced on the stairway. He held his left hand up in the air behind him, to signal for Ace to wait.

Three or four steps up, he suddenly leaped up as many steps as possible, twisting while in the air and landing on his back most of the way up the stairs, ready to fire at anything he saw there.

Ace rolled a few of his remaining smoke pellets through his fingers, "I find its usefull to keep a few tricks up my sleeve." He said with a wink and prepared to cover Colt if he needed it.

As Colt rounded the corner ready to fire at any defenders he quickly took in that there seemed to be no ambush from the top of the stairs. As he came to rest ready to fire his vision was filled by the Twisted Yellow Sigil tagged on the wall faceing the stairwell. He immediatly felt the assault on his mind from the strange sign, it was like looking into the endless abyss of deep space but somehow worse. He felt a presence in the Sigil malevolent and mad.

"Ahh!" Colt yelped as his mind was assaulted. He reflexively fired off a shot into the strange design before he turned away. The feeling seemed to subside now that he was no longer looking at it.

He got to his feet and crouched low at the top of the stairs. "Careful when ya come up'ere. Don't look'it the weird sign thing." Colt waved Ace into position, again, ready to fire on anyone who came into view.

Ace nodded and tossed another of the small smoke bombs up tot he top of the stairs obscuring the sign as well as his movment as he charged up and around the corner. He spun as he passed the thugs guarding the top of the stairs unleashing a barage of shuriken onto thier backs dropping two of them to the ground as the other two turned to bring thier weapons to bear on him.

As the smoke cleared two more unconcious thugs lay in the hallway easily defeated by Colts skillfull shooting. Ace quickly led the way down the hall moving silently on the balls of his feet. In the few open doors Colt was able to see disturbing glimses of mad scrawlings on many of the walls and strange twisted patterns laid out in refuse on the floors. Ace called back quietly over his shoulder to Colt, "I think theres more to this than your standard gang activities. Thats freedom for you never a dull moment."

He paused thoughtfully at the end of the hall looking at one door in particular, "Anything catch your eye about this door? I can't place it but something seems off."

"Hmmm." Colt gave the door a thoughtful look as he loaded more shells into Marlin. He took his time loading the gun, even though he could have done it much faster. The process relaxed him.

Suddenly he looked back up at the door. "Reckon it's in'na wrong place, that's what. Door like that should be fer security, er preventin' fires. Right certain it should'a been in that there stairwell." Colt gestured to the stairwell in question with the end of his rifle before he slung it back over his shoulder. "Got some lock on it too."

Ace nodded seeing now what they had done. "Hmm well then, why go through all that effort huh?" he asked sarcastically as he bent to examine the lock.

After a few minutes he shook his head, "Been awhile since I had to crack many locks, Might be able to to pop it given time but I don't think we got alot of that." He glanced to Colt, "You got any tricks up your sleeve?"

Colt had simply been standing watch while Ace had examined the lock. Colt was happy enough to give the man his chance to do his thing. As it turned out, There were quite a few things that Colt would end up learning from Ace Danger, however he didn't think lock picking would be one of them. Once Ace determined he couldn't open the door, however... Reckon there might be a few things he c'n learn from me too.

"Stand back," Colt said as he turned to face the door, he slung Marlin over his shoulder. He then took a few seconds to examine the lock on the door and determine just where he needed to hit it for maximum damage. After he identified, the spots that needed to be destroy, he exhaled slowly.

In a flash, Colt drew Jericho from its holster. He emptied the entire clip of 8 bullets into the door at exactly the right spots. Flipping the gun around his finger and back into it's holster, Colt waited to see how extensive the damage was. He was sure he had destroyed the mechanisms, but it would still take a second for the smoke to clear.

When the smoke cleared the door hung slightly ajar the entire lock mechanism excised by Colts fine shooting.

Ace grinned well he might be a bit of a one trick pony but his trick was pretty good he thought. "That'll do it." He said laughing slightly.

From inside they could both hear movement given thier rather spectacular entry it was likely they had rolle dout a welcoming party.

Colt frowned, and tipped his hat forward so it slightly obscured his face. He slowly pulled Jericho out of it's holster. Releasing the chamber he quickly slid eight more bullets into the gun. The empty shells jangling on the floor around him. "Looks like we ourselves anotha' group'a friends ta deal with." He flipped the gun back into its holster and looked up at the door that was slightly ajar.

He took a few slow steps forwards and stood directly in front of the door. "I'll handle these too. Though I 'spose you c'n back me up."

With that, Colt planted his left boot against the door and kicked it inward, ready to fire at any threats that made themselves apparent.

As Colt swung through the door he was presented with a tragic Tableau. Two scantily clad women, clearly under the influence of some kind of psychotropic drug were craddling a third who was bleeding badly from a bullet wound in her leg, the wounded woman however just stared at Colt laughing slightly her eyes going in and out of focus.

He didn't have much time to dwell on that however as a group of 5 armed thugs took aim at him with automatic rifles. Behind them stood the man fromt he picture his face a mask of crazed mania as he intoned to some power in a bizzare mind jarring tounge.

Ace's eyes went wide at the sight of the wounded woman and he cursed loudly as he began moving towards her, "I'll stabalize the girl, you get the mark."

Colt was livid. The sight of the wounded girl drove him over the edge. No sooner had his left foot hit the floor, his eyes adjusted to the scene and he whipped Jericho out of it's holster and emptied the revolver hitting each one of the thugs and Ceasar. After the bullets stopped firing Colt quickly reloaded his gun.

He shot a look at Ace, "Y'all don't have ta tell me twice."

Ceasar slipped agileout of hte way of the spray of bullets his guards were not so lucky and each collapsed to the floor thier guns only half raised.

Ace slid across the floor and quickly tore strips of material from his shirt to bind her wound while uttering gentle calming words, shock was fairly inevitable under these conditions but whatever he could do to keep her focused had to help. "She's stable," He said over his shoulder, "But needs to get to a hospital soon." He kept a carefull eye on the other girls as this whole thing looked like some kind of cult operation.

As the words reached Colts ears they were nearly drowned out by the sudden gibbering madness that filled his mind wearing at his will and reason. "Now you see your guns are no use against the might of my master, All will bow before his unspeakable splendor." Shouted the crazed ringleader.