James just stood off to one side, semi-listening. It didn't seem to matter much to him. It wasn't like the aliens or Nazis were coming here. Though... "So...does it matter? Or are we planning on going back? You know, to help the resistance and all that? If not, and we break the thingamajig here so they can't suck us or anyone else back there and hopefully can't come here, what's the big deal if we add aliens into the mix?"

What?! Who is that ignorant fool?!

I... I'm not sure. He looks like one of the Prophets, he's got their characteristic jawline and-

Oh, so someone born to prestige? Well, that explains it -- kid's credit rating is probably 10 times his IQ.

Archeville gave James a very annoyed look, "vhen de aliens in qvestion are very skilled metamorphs who can imitate anyone flawlessly, it is a big deal, whether dey are from dis dimension or another. For all Ms. Harcourt und I know, you are all Grue impostors! Und breaking de 'thingamajig' here vould not be all dat useful, since doing so vould do nothing to prevent dem from taking over somevon else's teleporter, or contacting someone on dis side -- interdimensional communication is far easier dan interdimensional transport -- und cajoling dem into building a transporter dey can use, to kidnap people from here or send deir own forces over. De best vay to make sure dis does not happen again is to go back, und destroy deir interdimensional transporters as vell as all knowledge on how to construct von... but doing dat vould strand Hope here permanently, as vell as prevent de Resistance from receiving any aid from us or other friendly dimensions."

"Damn." Eddie swore, frustrated. "If the Grue were not such a serious threat to, well, just about every planet and dimension out there, I would say leave well enough alone. However, a Grue invasion would be just about the worst thing to happen since the death of you know who..." Eddie actually showed enough tact to go silent for a moment. Centurion was a great guy. Period. "Unfortunately, I think this choice is all but made up for us. If a Grue invasion is inevitable, this may not completely prevent it, however it will at least postpone the inevitable."

Eddie looked around to see if anyone was nodding their support. "So...When do we go back?"

Mike was about to comment on what they had seen in the Nazi base when Doctor Archeville spoke up. Frowning at the doctors insinuation he replied, "Well I imagine the Grue would have a better story prepared then we don't know."

"As for destroying all knowledge of how to build them I don't think thats really possible." He said uncertainly. "It might be that only the resistance had the interdimensional teleporters but there was a telepad thing on Daikaiju that was able to connect to the teleporter the resistance had, and the parts for the teleporter well all scavenged from the Nazis." He glanced around and asked, "Seems like if anyone had the tech it woudl have been them not the resistance and I don't think we can really plan to take on all of them."

"Anway," He continued, "The nazi base had some giant device that the tele-thingy we needed to get back was stuck in the middle of so they have at least some of the pieces. Th guards seemed kinda spooked by the device but htey might have been trying to scare us or something."

"What was it she called them?" asked Mark suddenly. "The sternjuden." He shuddered a little. "Space Jews. I think she was talking about the Grue. That's what the Nazis called them. There was something about stealing technology from the Nazis, which the Nazis themselves had stolen from alien invaders." He rubbed his eyes. "Which makes sense, I guess. The Grue would be just as interested in conquering Erde as they were in our dimension."

"Reckon we could jury-rig a bigger portal if we go back? We could take the Pitchoo... maybe steal a tank or two... y'know the whole shebang. Rather than one second pizza, the next... wacky Nazis! I mean, that world's screwed up anyway. Alien nazi invasion... it's immoral leaving them to that."

Mike was all for helping people in need in a general sense but throwing themselves agaisnt the juggernaut of Erdes' Nazi regime seemed more like suicide. "It sounds like they might have take the tech from the grue when they beat them back at some point. I mean I doubt Nazis of any world are in league with anythign they call space jews." he stated plainly, "Besides going back wouldn't let us do any lasting harm to the regime unless we stayed. We made a big difference but we can't win the war for them."

James wasn't particularly interested in the particulars. They got there once. They got back once. Therefore, they should be able to do it again. There were still bad guys there. They might be coming here. They needed to be stopped. The rest was just details he wasn't concerned with. "So...When are we going or what are we doing? I'm ready to go," he said with a shrug.

"Honestly, I'm with James." added Eddie, always ready for action. He didn't like how Mike was always second guessing things that had to be done. There was something to be said for being careful, but if something needs to be done, something needs to be done. "Soon as I get those 'phones fixed, I'm ready to go."

"That's an awfully arrogant stance to take." Alex spoke up quietly, her brown eyes sober as she examined her teammates, "Agent H has been a student here longer than most of us so clearly the plight of Erde is well known. This isn't the first time we've heard of the dimension. It is clearly so much bigger than rushing into fight a battle. That world has been shattered and torn apart by war. It will take months of fighting to gain ground and years and years to rebuild after that. We won the war here and Germany is still recovering. I am all for helping those people and that world but you all need to be aware of what that entails. It is incredibally disrespectful to H and all of the soldiers currently fighting and, yes, dieing in Erde right now to act like winning their war would be so trivial a task."

Alex never raised her voice and never wavered as she shared her opinions. She scrubbed one hand against her jeans and turned to the doctor to offer her hand, "A pleasure, as always, Doctor. Thank you for bringing us home."

James shook his head. "Not dissing anyone. Far from it. I asked, not insisted or assumed. And it was a two part or conditional question. Just 'cause I hate standing around and am little impulsive doesn't mean I'm an idiot. I seriously doubt it'll be easy, if even possible. But I did ask when are we going _or_ what the plan was. You guys are the brains. No argument there. I'm never gonna get all the details like you guys. I try to keep it simple. To me it looks like, 1, 'are we going to do anything about whatever it is you're all discussing'? If that's a yes, then part 2 is, 'what are we doing'? If there is a what, that means there's a when. I wasn't planning on anything. That's all you guys who know way more than us. Tell me what to do and I'll get on it. Otherwise, I don't have a clue what to do here."

Agent H never did become more than a subsidiary member of Young Freedom: Hope Rogers just wasn't ready to sign on to a super-team yet when she was already sorting through so many problems of her own. But she did stay in contact with most of the members of the team, particularly Erin, who knew so much about a world torn apart and ruled by monsters. As for Young Freedom, their voyage to Erde left them all with a lot of memories to sort through of the war-torn world they'd left behind. In the wide gulf of the multiverse, there were many kinds of heroes.