Ready to work its way up! (OOC, full)

Barnum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Collective or a surprise - either of them would work well for me. Heavy's involvement with them would be very different from Hub's, due to their very different powers and PLs. Hub and Clyst would be more support than anything else, and the challenge would be for Hub to claim that Clyst caused any unexplained phenomena. Then I look at my ranks in Bluff... drat.

The Collective or a surprise - either of them would work well for me. Heavy's involvement with them would be very different from Hub's, due to their very different powers and PLs. Hub and Clyst would be more support than anything else, and the challenge would be for Hub to claim that Clyst caused any unexplained phenomena. Then I look at my ranks in Bluff... drat.

Would it be possible for me to spend a hero point here for dramatic editing? Now would be a great time for the attack to start, and I'd be willing to spend the hero point to have it happen now.

No need - the attack was ready when you were. Besides, you may need that HP ;)

Would it be possible for me to spend a hero point here for dramatic editing? Now would be a great time for the attack to start, and I'd be willing to spend the hero point to have it happen now.

No need - the attack was ready when you were. Besides, you may need that HP ;)

Ok dude, initiative time!

Grue Metamorph #1: 14

The grue is 15 feet from you, standing behind a panel. Tesla is 10 feet to your right. You are standing in front of a large machine which has opened up to reveal a large space. Scattered throughout this room (which is very large - over 80 feet square) are various machines and devices.

Ar, just a little slower at 13. This action should still work, unless the Grue gets a second action before I get my first. It's the standard action to Boost Tesla, and a move action to make it look like he's about to charge past. I presume it doesn't want to let me out, and if it grapples me (and doesn't knock me out in one go), I'm touching it and can try to use my Fatigue power without actually attacking.

'Course, if it just gives me a punch to the head, then Kevin needs a new plan. :)

Again with the slightly too low. The Will save is 13. I've been meaning to increase those saves now that my powers are Perception range. The Fortitude save just came first, is all.

I'll post what the alien finds out, but I should point out that Kevin's nom de guerre is Hub, not Heavy (even if he only calls himself that in his own head for right now. :) )

I don't remember if Mind Reading now lets Kevin know that he just had his mind read, but honestly - how would he know what that feels like? He was wondering earlier with Clyst if that was the case.

The Will save is DC 17 for the Metamorph to avoid being fatigued/exhausted/unconscious. The Super-Senses stuff seemed appropriate. If you don't think that Kevin would be able to get that, let me know and I'll edit it.

I don't remember if Mind Reading now lets Kevin know that he just had his mind read, but honestly - how would he know what that feels like? He was wondering earlier with Clyst if that was the case.

According to UP, Mind Reading is subtle. Only noticable to the subject (or those with super-senses). How it feels to Kevin is up to you, really.

The Will save is DC 17 for the Metamorph to avoid being fatigued/exhausted/unconscious. The Super-Senses stuff seemed appropriate. If you don't think that Kevin would be able to get that, let me know and I'll edit it.

I think that's absolutely fine :)

Ok, the Grue is exhausted! -6 to STR and DEX, -3 to ATK and DEF and can't move faster than normal pace. Nice hit!

The new stats for it are equal to that of the Monstrous Insect in the MnM Manual (page 234), minus the super senses and, of course, the above penalties due to fatigue. So he's scary, but relatively harmless...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...