BAB:9

BDB 10

INIT 6

DAMAGE +9

SPD 30/100

POWERS: 9-HELLFIRE CONTROL(BLACK) ALT POWERS:STRIKE, EMOTION DESPAIR

5 FORCEFIELD(IMPERVIOUS 7)

6 FLIGHT

FEATS: IMP INIT, PRESICE SHOT, BLINDSIGHT,FEARLESS, IMP CRIT(STRIKE, BLAST), EQUIPTMENT,RANGED PIN, ATTACK

SPEC( BLAST, STRIKE) INCUREABLE(BLAST, STRIKE) ALT POWERS( STRIKE, DESPAIR)

SKILLS:

BLUFF 14

INTIMIDATE 10

NOTICE 17

DIPLOMACY 6

STEALTH 14

GATHER INFO 14

DRAWBACKS: DISTURBING( DARKLIGHT EYES) FULL POWER, PHOBIA (CHURCHES) NEMISIS: VATICAN-KNIGHTS OF THE WHITE ROSE(DEMON HUNTERS)

STORY: BORN IN EAST ST LOUIS, DAMIEN CRUISE NEVER KNEW HIS REAL FATHER UNTIL HIS 16TH BIRTHDAY, WHEN A MAN APPEARED TO HIM, CLAIMING TO BE HIS FATHER.."DAD" TURNED OUT TO BE A POWERFUL DEMON BY THE NAME OF AZAZEL, AND DAMIEN WAS HIS PRODIGY.

5 YEARS LATER: DAMIEN HAS GROWN INTO HIS DARK HERITAGE,LEARNING HOW TO WIELD THE HELLFIRE ENERGY ALL DEMONS POSSES, HE ALSO BEARS A POWERFUL FORCEFIELD TO KEEP ENEMIES FROM ASSAULTING HIM DIRECTLY, AND AS MOST DEMONKIN, H CAN FLY, ALBIET AT RELETIVLY LOW SPEEDS,THOUGH HE CANNOT USE MAGIC IN THE LEARNED SENSE, HE HAS MANY DEMONIC TRAITS, AND MAY VERY WELL HAVE ABILITIES THAT ARE YET TO BE DISCOVERED..HE STANDS FIVE FEET, TEN INCHES TALL AND WEIGHS ONE HUNDRED & SIXTY SOME POUNDDS WITH HAIR TURNED GHOSTLY WHITE WHEN HE CAME INTO HIS INBORN POWERS & EYES THE COLOR OF OBSIDIAN THAT GLOW WHEN HE'S UPSET..MUSCULAR, THOUGH NOT SUPERHUMANLY SO, HE SPIKES & HAS BEEN KNOWN TO COLOR HIS HAIR, AND LIKES TO HANG OUT & RAVES & GOTHIC CLUBS WHEN HE ISNT OUT CAUSING PROBLEMS FOR SOCIETY AT LARGE.

NAME:VENGANCE(ID: DAMIEN CRUISE)

HEIGHT 5'10

WEIGHT 167

EYES BLACK

HAIR WHITE

AGE 21

STR 15(+2)

DEX 15(+2)

CON 20(+5)

INT 10(+0)

WIS 20(+5)

CHA 15(+2)

TOUGHNESS:5(10 W. FORCEFIELD)

FORT:9

WILL:9

REF:6

BAB:9

BDB 10

INIT 6

DAMAGE +9

SPD 30/100

POWERS: 9-HELLFIRE CONTROL(BLACK) ALT POWERS:STRIKE, EMOTION DESPAIR

5 FORCEFIELD(IMPERVIOUS 7)

6 FLIGHT

FEATS: IMP INIT, PRESICE SHOT, BLINDSIGHT,FEARLESS, IMP CRIT(STRIKE, BLAST), EQUIPTMENT,RANGED PIN, ATTACK

SPEC( BLAST, STRIKE) INCUREABLE(BLAST, STRIKE) ALT POWERS( STRIKE, DESPAIR)

SKILLS:

BLUFF 14

INTIMIDATE 10

NOTICE 17

DIPLOMACY 6

STEALTH 14

GATHER INFO 14

DRAWBACKS: DISTURBING( DARKLIGHT EYES) FULL POWER, PHOBIA (CHURCHES) NEMISIS: VATICAN-KNIGHTS OF THE WHITE ROSE(DEMON HUNTERS)

STORY: BORN IN EAST ST LOUIS, DAMIEN CRUISE NEVER KNEW HIS REAL FATHER UNTIL HIS 16TH BIRTHDAY, WHEN A MAN APPEARED TO HIM, CLAIMING TO BE HIS FATHER.."DAD" TURNED OUT TO BE A POWERFUL DEMON BY THE NAME OF AZAZEL, AND DAMIEN WAS HIS PRODIGY.

5 YEARS LATER: DAMIEN HAS GROWN INTO HIS DARK HERITAGE,LEARNING HOW TO WIELD THE HELLFIRE ENERGY ALL DEMONS POSSES, HE ALSO BEARS A POWERFUL FORCEFIELD TO KEEP ENEMIES FROM ASSAULTING HIM DIRECTLY, AND AS MOST DEMONKIN, H CAN FLY, ALBIET AT RELETIVLY LOW SPEEDS,THOUGH HE CANNOT USE MAGIC IN THE LEARNED SENSE, HE HAS MANY DEMONIC TRAITS, AND MAY VERY WELL HAVE ABILITIES THAT ARE YET TO BE DISCOVERED..HE STANDS FIVE FEET, TEN INCHES TALL AND WEIGHS ONE HUNDRED & SIXTY SOME POUNDDS WITH HAIR TURNED GHOSTLY WHITE WHEN HE CAME INTO HIS INBORN POWERS & EYES THE COLOR OF OBSIDIAN THAT GLOW WHEN HE'S UPSET..MUSCULAR, THOUGH NOT SUPERHUMANLY SO, HE SPIKES & HAS BEEN KNOWN TO COLOR HIS HAIR, AND LIKES TO HANG OUT & RAVES & GOTHIC CLUBS WHEN HE ISNT OUT CAUSING PROBLEMS FOR SOCIETY AT LARGE.

Cost: Ability 35 + Combat 36 + Saves 0 + Skills 12 (48 Ranks) + Feats 11 + Powers 48 = 142 without figuring your drawbacks.

After looking over your character, I see a few problems.

1. You are violating PL with your Toughness save. Your Toughness is +15 and your Defense is +9. Unless you take trade-offs (explained on p.24-25 of the core book), you cannot exceed +10 for either. You could trade-off up to 4 points in either direction (the 4-point cap is a rule here at FCPbP), so you could have a Defense +6 and a Toughness +14.

2. Your Initiative should be +6 (+2 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative).

3. You have both BDB (base defense bonus?) and DEF on your sheet. I'm not sure what DEF is.

4. I'm not sure how "Disturbing" is a drawback for a villain. Please explain.

5. You can't take the "obvious" (noticeable) drawback on powers that aren't permanent, continuous, or mental. Blast and Strike are already noticeable by default.

6. In order to "price" your phobia and your "nemesis" I need to know how debilitating is the phobia and how frequently your Nemesis will show up in your threads. Check out the explanation of Drawbacks on pgs 124-125 for some examples.

ah, thanks for the pointer..i have a bad habit of getting carried away with my characters. :twisted: ok, I went through & fixed the number problems..I think. :P as for the disturbing and nemisis bit..he disturbing because of his eyes having the same glow as a darklight (think uv purplish) thus making normal interaction with people kind of unusual unless he's wearing sunglasses or has another way to hide his eyes. The nemisis I think is moderate in occurance but severe when it goes through..does that help explain him some?

Cost: Ability 35 + Combat 30 + Saves 0 + Skills 12 (48 Ranks) + Feats 9 (I'm counting the two ranks of Incurable and the two ranks of Alt Power with your powers) + Powers 48 - Drawbacks 6 = 128 PPs.

-Drawbacks: glowing eyes = noticeable (1 pt), Full Power on Hellfire = 1 pt., Phobia (Churches) Uncommon/Moderate 2 pts., Nemesis (Demon Hunters) Uncommon/Moderate 2 pts.

-You still have 22 Pts. to spend. May I suggest upping your saves and/or upping your defense.

-Your BAB is too high. You have 9 ranks with +2 for Attack Specialization. That makes 11. You need to reduce it by 1 or else decrease your damage bonus cap to +9.

-Since your powers damages are already at PL, you will not be able to use Sneak Attack with any of them because the damage bonus would violate PL.

Cost: Ability 35 + Combat 34 + Saves 9 + Skills 15 (60 Ranks) + Feats 10 (I'm counting the two ranks of Incurable and the two ranks of Alt Power with your powers) + Powers 48 - Drawbacks 6 = 145 PPs.

-You can't have your damage capped at +9 after trade-offs and still have 10 ranks in Hellfire Control. That power, by definition gives you Blast at power rank. You need to drop Hellfire to rank 9. Once you do that, you will have 7 points to spend.

Your Toughness save is +10, your Defense is +8, your Attack is +11, your Damage is +9 . . . so that is all good.

Here's how I would spend the points:

-I would up my defense to +10 (4 points)

-I would also increase each of my saves (Fort, Reflex, Will) by 1 each (3 points)

Let me know what you decide.

Only one small thing. You still need to adjust your Force Field down so you don't violate the +10 toughness cap.

Change it to: Force Field 5 (Impervious 7). The two extra ranks of Impervious will apply to two ranks of your Con bonus, and you won't need to move any more points around.

And then you're all set.

• 4 weeks later...