Darkness Rising IC

angrydurf

As the shadows enveloped them once more Atlas, Phantom, and Avenger found themselves amidst the dilapidated shell of an abandoned greenback warehouse. Dead Head nor Samedii were anywhere to be seen and the ground beneath their feet began to creak and groan ominously as the fissures from the collapsing cavern began to work their way to the surface.

Deep below their feet Samedii Cackled madly at Dead Head, "Always the sentimental fool." he taunted, "Perhaps the spirits will still find you to keep you company in your new tomb now fool." He spat and stepped into the shadows vanishing from sight as the ceiling gave way and tons of rock hurtled down at Dead Head.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, I knew he wouldn't be killed by bein' trapped down here with me," Dead Head mused, "or even seriously hurt. But I do feel kinda dumb fer forgettin' he could just melt away into th' shadows like that."

"But, at least I got 'em out. An' as for y'all," he nodded towards the thousands of gathered corpses, "well, looks like we'll be down here a while, so we all might as well get t'know each other. First off, lemme say how sorry I am that Samedi & his crew got to y'all, and did who-knows-what to yer remains; I'm doubly sorry if'n they did anythin' t'yer spirits. An' I'm sorry that it appears this cave in's gonna crush yer remains, though y'all can take some comfort in knowin' that y'all won't be comin' back as monsters under Samedi's control, won't be hurtin' any-"

A long and jagged chunk of rock split off from the ceiling and impaled Dead Head in the left shoulder. He looked at is with a slightly irked expression.

"Dangit, I just got this jacket!"

• 2 months later...

With Dead Heads Heroic sacrifice the other heroes were seen safely to the surface before the chamber collapsed. While Samedi may have escaped the army of zombies he had tried to raise was destroyed and his plans ruined. The collapse shook the neighborhood above but caused no significant damage to the structures above.

I took hours for the heroes to retrieve Dead Heads mangled form but his duty on this plane was not done and soon he was animate once more. This small band forged in battle would move forward together to stop threats most could not even conceive of.