Darkness Rising OOC

angrydurf

Will save, DC 25 (1d20+6=14)

fails by 11

HP to re-roll! (my last HP)

Will save, DC 25; HP re-roll (1d20+6=20)

fails by 5

Since the +9 on Know (Arcane Lore) DH has listed on his sheet now is due to tutoring he'll be getting from Phantom later, he doesn't have that now, he's got the +5 he started with.

Knowledge (arcana) (1d20+5=21)

Heh, fails, but if he had Phantom's tutoring, that would've passed ;)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Normal Drain saves (DC18) for each power Dead Head has with the necromancy descriptor, Post how much you fail by (you can take 1 on the check) I'm basically running the extra power as a buffer of PP that will be exhausted before the drain effects Dead Heads actual traits.

Avenger can try and resist the Boost if he chooses DC 22 will save. If the boost pushes him over caps any portion that goes over caps is treated as a damage effect instead and Avenger gets an HP (the first time it happens). (With the full boost his net gain is +1 toughness so if he's not at caps he won't overcap)

Dead Head, Phantom, and Avenger get an HP for being effectively dazed (Phantom can maintain the effect but no other actions) while the effect is maintained.

Need a Notice check from Atlas.

Ok Normal Drain saves (DC18) for each power Dead Head has with the necromancy descriptor, Post how much you fail by (you can take 1 on the check) I'm basically running the extra power as a buffer of PP that will be exhausted before the drain effects Dead Heads actual traits.

Anatomic Separation 1 = 3, fails by 15

Animate Objects 1 = 13, fails by 5

Comprehend 2 = 9, fails by 7

Enhanced Feats 3 = 18

Immunity 32 = take 1, that's a 33.

Impervious Toughness 12 = 15, fails by 3

Insubstantial 1 = 6, fails by 12

Necromantic Powers (Array) 6 = 14, fails by 4

Protection 17 = take 1, that's 18.

Regeneration 20 = take 1, that's 21.

Enhanced Regeneration 6 = 16, fails by 2

Super-Senses 4 = 12, fails by 6

(at this point he doesn't have the Enhanced Super-Senses)

So he's lost his ability to separate his limbs & to contort/compress his body, to animate corpses as zombies and to bring them back truly to life, to channel death & become truly fearsome, to see/communicate with the dead, his darkvision & mental/mystical senses, some of his Impervious Toughness, and some of his ability to boost his regeneration by consuming raw meat.

.... I knew that...

Will saves vs. Drain

1d20+6=26 Anatomic Separation; passes

1d20+6=9 Animate Objects/Corpses; fail by 9

1d20+6=24 Comprehend; passes

1d20+6=11 Enhanced Feats; fails by 7

1d20+6=25 Immunity; passes

1d20+6=16 Imp. Toughness; fails by 2

1d20+6=20 Insubstantial; passes

1d20+6=17 Necromantic Powers array; fails by 1

1d20+6=23 Protection; passes

1d20+6=16 Regeneration; fails by 2

1d20+6=24 Super-Senses; passes

Atlas will indeed interpose as he has no idea how this will affect the ritual deal Phantom is performing but figures being attacked in the middle of the thing is a bad idea.

Interpose Toughness save DC 28 (1d20+16=33) Passed.

Reflex save vs Snare DC 25 (1d20+5=24) Awww, so close.

On a failed save, the target is entangled, suffering a –2 penalty to attack rolls and Defense, and a –4 penalty to Dexterity. If the Snare is anchored to an immobile object (such as the ground), the entangled character cannot move from that spot. Otherwise, he can move at half speed, but can’t move all out.

And judging from the DC that's a rank 15 Snare, so it's got a +15 toughness too tough to break normally. So he'll use the full round application of Super-Strength to damage the snare on his next turn. This will destroy the bonds utterly, as the Snare rolls a 20 (5 + 15 Toughness save) vs the DC 42 Save (15 base, 16 strength, 11 SS).

And because I'm on fire right now, I'll roll initiative while I'm at it. Initiative (1d20+0=18) yeah. Definitely on fire.

Alright lets get initiatives from the rest of you, any of you can break contact ending the effect at any point you like but DH is still overflowing with power just not in eminent threat of being consumed by it. As I told AW last night, if jack moves or resists then the energy is just in Phantom and that might be bad ... but all of that is up to you all to decide what to do about.

Initiative: Samedii; Shadow Pack (1d20+7=25, 1d20+12=23)

PS: yup its a rank 15 snare

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Initiative: Round 1

25 Baron Samedi - Uninjured

23 Shadow Pack - 13 minions

18 Atlas - uninjured

17 Dead Head - Uninjured

11 Avenger - Uninjured

3 Phantom - Uninjured

Samedi will layer another snare onto Atlas (Like the +1 toughness will do any good)

The shadow pack will activate their shadow concealment (DC20 notice to keep track of them.)

Atlas is up.

Okay, this is either going to be really cool, or really horrible. Or both.

Extra Effort to stunt a big teleport effect off his own Necromantic Power array to get everyone out. I believe at the time this is happening his Array was only rank 5, so he'd have 10pp to work with:

Teleport 3 (1,000 feet; Extras: Accurate, Attack, 30-ft. Burst Area, Selective Attack; Flaws: Long Range Only, Medium/Shadows, Unreliable; PFs: Progression/10-ft. increments) [10]

That area should be big enough to get everyone. He'll teleport Atlas, Avenger, and Phantom up to ground level, leaving himself, Samedi and the Shadow Mastiffs under the crumbling sewers/cave. And hope the thing collapses soon to crush everything.

Unreliable Teleport; 1-10 it doesn't work (1d20=10)

... of course.

HP to re-roll, minimum I can get is 11, so it works.

I can't recall if DH has any more HPs, so I won't nix the fatigue from the Extra Effort.

Fatigued: Fatigued characters cannot move all out or charge and suffer a

–2 penalty to effective Strength and Dexterity and a –1 penalty on attack

and defense. A fatigued character who does something else that would

normally cause fatigue becomes exhausted.