The Heist (IC)

Angel

"Don't crash!? Weren't you the one who crash landed a space bike into downtown!?"

Yuki's question must've been lost in the rushing wind. Not that it mattered, as the chase was afoot. Yuki stood steady as the bike slowly gained ground. A very sick idea came to her head as the bike clawed it's way closer...

I can't believe I'm about to do this...

"I see an opening! I'm going for it!"

And Yuki planted her feet into the seat and launched herself in the air, twisting herself into a blackflip and landed right onto the hood of the Van.

"Roadside service! I do believe you called for a coutesy check up. Shall I fill her up, or check under the hood?"

And with that, Yuki covered the entire windshield with webbing.

"Oh I see... you ARE a hood! Pardon me."

And Yuki made another leap, this time landing perfectly back on her perch on the bike. "So...what I miss?"

"Neat trick you got there, fer certain."Colt commented when he felt Tarantula land on his cycle again.

Colt removed his cowboy hat and stowed it in one of the bike's compartments. He pulled the goggles up from around his neck up onto his eyes to protect them. Colt's head turned around to face the woman who had her arms wrapped around him. "Reckon that'll work just fine, seein' how shootin's what I do best."

Without warning, Colt put his right foot up on the seat and hoisted himself up into a standing position. His left foot securely planted on the nose of the cycle. "Hold 'er steady, now."

Colt reached back up over his shoulder and once again pulled Marlin around into his hands. He pulled the rifle up to his shoulder and set his eyes along the irons. "Reckon you can pull a little more to the left so's I can get a clear shot!" Soon enough, the van's tires came into clear view. "Trust me, partner, this ain't pers'nal, but reckon I'll have ta ask ya ta pull over..." *Bang!*

Angel grabbed the 'reigns' of the cowboy's 'steed' as he stood up. When the spidergirl jumped off of the bike she held on tight to the bike and it did not swerve ans she did when the redclad hero came back. She brace herself when the cowboy pulled out his gun and really wanted some ear covers at the time the explosive round hit the van.

GM Post

Rant was doing fine with his driving until he heard the cops. He didn't wanna go back to juvie, there were too many people that wanted him there. and he wouldn't get to see his sister as much as he did. "You'll never take me alive coppers!" he clichely yelled out of the window as he knocked a bystander's motor cycle and the bystander with it off the road! About that time he noticed white stuff all over his windshield. "Ice?" he thought dumbfoundedly. Then the bullet hit causing his tire, causing him to swerve into a car he couldnt see because of the webbing!

Yuki's eyes widened as she saw Colt's bullet ricocheted of the tire...

Apparently, the tire is made from titanium... Okay, how about this?

She slid her body to hang from the side of the bike, side saddling it (she was cheating, since she was 'sticking' to it). She took careful aim to line up the tire and....

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

A man, who is riding a motorcycle, goes flying as Rant runs into his cycle with the van.

Yuki aim wavered, instead aiming to snare the flying man to a lampost. He'll be stuck there, but he'll be safe.

"Well I'll be..." Colt remarked as he saw tarantula hanging from the side of his cycle. "Seems ladies in these parts do ride side saddle after all..."

Colt noted the fact that his rifle was apparently ineffective against the wheels of the car. "Git me on up there! I Reckon I'll need a better shot next time."

Colt holstered his rifle on his back once more and crouched low on the front of the cycle so that it would be able to go a little faster without all of the drag. He held his coat out of the way so that the tail end of it wouldn't go whipping into Angel's face.

From directly behind him on the cycle, Angel could see the very tips of his fingers brushing against the revolver at his side. The man was clearly concentrating quite hard on the shot he was about to take.

Angel swerved through traffic trying to keep up with the van, but it seemed the faster she went the crazier and more erratic the van got. The spidergirl shooting web at the biker made her breathe a sigh of relief. She nodded at the cowboy's request to get closer, "Here goes nothing!" She leaned forward full throttle, tailing a cop car. She sped not around it but jumped the bike right over it! Then something weird happened, the bike forgot to land. Floting in midairshe looks down on the moving traffic. "I have GOT to get me one of these!".

GM Post

The time for subtlety was over. Rant could not see through the window if front of him and three heroes were after him. He gathered up the unconcious Rave and bolted into traffic. Not before causing more problems. He let out a yell so loud that every vehicle within a block area shut down, including the flying motorcycle! And then he started running.

Bike lost power

Pure instinct took over and everything slowed down. Yuki leapt into the air. This dude was causing too much mayham then she was able to fix. She had to atleast slow him down! She shot a webline t assist her aim.

"Why are you running? Oh I know! I love this game!"

Two mid-air somersaults added momentum...

"Duck..."

She then straitened out her body...

"Duck..."

Her Foot slammed into the back of Rants head, allowing just enough impact for her to flip to the ground. "GOOSE!"

Then she saw the Bike.

I hope this works...

Extending her arms, she fired a full gob of webbing to hopefully cushion and slow done the bikes descent. Better then nothing.

"Y'see that there button? NEVER press that there button!" Colt was about to fix the bike so that it was no longer flying, .... when it stopped working all together.

Instinct took over. Colt didn't even have to think about it. He leaped off the bike, drawing Jericho from it's holster as he went. Somersaulting through the air, he repeated slapped Jericho's hammer back *blam* back *blam* back *blam* emptying the 8-shot-revolver in less than a second. All of the ballistic fury was directed at Rant. "Ain't!" *Blam* "Nobody!" *Blam* "Crashes!" *Blam* "My!" *Blam* "Bike!" *Blam*

Colt felt the ground rushing up to meet him. He quickly tucked his left shoulder down, rolled into a kneeling position, emptied the revolver, and slapped 8 fresh bullets into it. The spent cartridges jangled on the pavement around him. "Now that's what I call shootin!"

GM Post

Rant was no match for the onslaught of what happened to him next. He fell unconcious as his sister on his back. In the back of his mind he swore vengeance against the three heroes that ruined his day.

The cops jumped out of the car just before the bike fell on their car. There were several cops around at the time Two of them went to cuff Rant and Rave. Another called for back up transportation and a clean up crew. Many insurance agents would be crying tonight.

Finally the last cop walked over to the group of heroes. "Thank you folks," he said, "I don't know what we would have done without you. These kids are going away for a long time."

Colt stood from his kneeling position, seeing the man fall to his onslaught was oh so satisfying. He blew the smoke from the barrel of his gun twirled it around his finger and holstered it. "Ain't no need ta be thankin' me, sheriff. Just doin' ma job." Colt frowned as he looked over at his bike sitting on the top of the police car. "Reckon I'm real sorry 'bout yer car there, sheriff. Real unfortunate, but there ain't nothing I c'n do 'bout the damages." He pull a few coins from his pocket and held them out for the policeman to see. "Y'see these here coins ain't no good'n this town. An' I don't suppose there'd be a reward for this bounty," he gestured to the other policeman who were now cuffing Rant and Rave, "Even if'n there were, it'd sure as shootin' go straight to repairs..."

Colt shook his head, "Well that's 'bout all yall be gettin' outta me. I'd tell ya ta call if'n yall need 'nother gun arm some point, but I ain't got no phone what works'n this world. 'Spose we'll just have ta let lady luck handle ma recruitin' fer a while."

Colt turned on his heel and approached Angel. "Now you listen here, Missy. When I went'n said you could drive my bike, I meant drive it, not fly it!" He pointed to the wrecked cop car. "Now lookit what'cha gone'n done. Yall know how much this'n's gonna cost me?"

Yuki was dumbfounded. In front of her was a nice webbing cushion designed for a soft landing. To her right, the hover bike, which crashed into a cop car.

Why doe she even bother sometimes?

As Colt began to brag, yuki climed up the nearest lampost, shot a webline, and began swinging. Another crime stopped... just another day in Freedom City...

...wait a sec... what about the deposit?

NUTBUNNIES!

Angel smiled and nodded as the cop congratulated her and her two new friends. She didn't dig the secret identity deal as much as she thought she would. She didn't think she'd use it any more after today.

Angel cocked a smirk at the cowboy as he scolded her. "Geez, I'm real sorry," she said playfully with a hint of mocked sadness, "but I can have your bike fixed in no time." She pulled out a business card from one of her pockets and handed it to him, "I'll have my people here in no time flat. Just call that number in the next few days and I'll deliver it personally."

The spidergirl lept out of sight before she could say anything to her again, Angel wondered who she had met in person and in costume. She had et two new people today without learning their names. That could be rectified right quick. Well partially, "My name is Angel, what's yours cowboy?"

Colt opened his mouth like he was about to scold Angel again. But he quickly shut it again when she started being so cooperative. He accepted the business card from the girl. "Reckon there's only one problem with that. I ain't got no phone that works in this here world."

Colt walked over to his crashed motorcycle and pressed a button on the dashboard. He pulled down his goggles so that they hung around his neck. He pulled his hat out of the compartment that opened in the cycle.

Strolling back up to Angel he replace the hat on his head, "Most folks call me Colt. But you c'n call me Billy." He put on a charming smile. "Reckon I owe you some thanks fer fixin ma bike..."